RGB HDMI Cables are here and they are expensive.

aaradorn

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/misc_hardware/need_to_rgb_all_of_the_things_how_about_an_rgb_hdmi_cable/1

Need to RGB all of the things? How about an RGB HDMI cable?

There are two problems with long HDMI cables. These problems are signal integrity, and how to hide a 9ft+ HDMI cable. Vivify has solved both issues by creating fibre optic HDMI cables that you don't want to hide, creating 9ft and 15-ft HDMI cables with RGB lighting. Vivify's fibre optics solves problem 1, and problem two is solved by creating an HDMI cable that you won't want to hide. 

Perhaps you want a colourful cable to connect your wall-mounted TV to a console several meters away, or give your gaming room a cyberpunky vibe. That's why you'd want an RGB HDMI cable. No extra functions are added, just style, with each able coming with seven static colour options and a cycling mode. The cable can also use USB power to add more cable brightness into the mix.  

The Vivify ARQUUS W73 is a fibre optic HDMI cable with style. It supports HDMI 2.0b speeds, 4K 60Hz with 4:4:4 chroma, HDCP 2.2 and HDR10. The cable also ships with a two-year warranty to guarantee consumer satisfaction. Those who sign up on Vivify's warranty page will also receive a 1-year warranty extension. 

Right now, the cable costs $79.99 for the 9ft (2.7m) version and $99.99 for the 15ft (4.5m) version. While these prices are large, it is worth remembering that these cables are fibre optic, not copper. That's how Vivify offers full HDMI 2.0b bandwidth over such a long cable length. This helps avoid the common issues with passive 3m+ HDMI cables. 

Regardless, there is probably a cheaper HDMI cable that will suit your needs. The main selling point of this cable is RGB lighting. Fibre optics are a neat bonus, but it doesn't mean that this cable will perform any better than other HDMI cables. 

I have only one question, why?

New rgb episode coming?

06090153789s.jpg

Sign me up!

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

45 minutes ago, Flitter said:

Could’ve at least made a DP one too! 

But still, why?

For the bling of course.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

In my experience, neither of those distances require an Active HDMI cable. Though I can’t say I’ve tested while bringing the cable to its knees with maximum bandwidth being used, so perhaps it’s possible under some circumstance. 

But even for an active cable, they are hella expensive. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

....... Actually from what I can see this isnt a terrible price...

Right now, the cable costs $79.99 for the 9ft (2.7m) version and $99.99 for the 15ft (4.5m) version. While these prices are large, it is worth remembering that these cables are fibre optic, not copper. That's how Vivify offers full HDMI 2.0b bandwidth over such a long cable length. This helps avoid the common issues with passive 3m+ HDMI cables. 

Not knowing how much Fiber optic HDMI cables cost, I looked it up:

https://www.amazon.com/RUIPRO-4K60HZ-HDMI2-0b-Supports-HDCP2-2/dp/B07L3CHPDR?th=1 ($100+)

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=13700 ($85)

https://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Fiber-Optic-Cable-Supports/dp/B07SQ2PJ9W/ ($40)

To the best of my knowledge, Fiber optic cables are only better than copper after about 2m (6ft) due to signal loss, but only in the ultra high end specs (HDR10, 4k 60fps 4:4:4) so for your 1080p or regular 4K TV you got for $500, These serve no purpose. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

27 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

....... Actually from what I can see this isnt a terrible price...

Not knowing how much Fiber optic HDMI cables cost, I looked it up:

https://www.amazon.com/RUIPRO-4K60HZ-HDMI2-0b-Supports-HDCP2-2/dp/B07L3CHPDR?th=1 ($100+)

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=13700 ($85)

https://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Fiber-Optic-Cable-Supports/dp/B07SQ2PJ9W/ ($40)

To the best of my knowledge, Fiber optic cables are only better than copper after about 2m (6ft) due to signal loss, but only in the ultra high end specs (HDR10, 4k 60fps 4:4:4) so for your 1080p or regular 4K TV you got for $500, These serve no purpose. 

But even then, why optical over an active copper cable? We purchased a 50ft active cable for about the same price as this optical cable at 15 ft. And that's Canadian, so it would actually be closer to the price of the 9 ft cable.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

There are two problems with long HDMI cables. These problems are signal integrity, and how to hide a 9ft+ HDMI cable.

Oh, I'm sure adding some bright lights to it will hide it just fine.

Vivify has solved both issues by creating fibre optic HDMI cables that you don't want to hide,

I don't know whether you don't want to hide it, but you most certainly can't :P

2 hours ago, aaradorn said:

I have only one question, why?

Because fiber optic HDMI cable reduces interference by moving HDMI signal as light instead of electricity and the RGB-lights on the cable can also minimize outside light interfering with the signal inside the cable. For the most optimal use for such a cable is to build a optically insulating pipe for it so the outside lights effects can be minimized and the RGB-light can also help the signal to be better and so it creates the most crisp and the best image quality with superior audio quality and it can even make them better. For even better results you should also change your every light to be an RGB-light in your house and sync them with the cable to even better minimize their effects on your image and sound quality. Also for a good measure you should buy a whole new electric connection to your house just for your TV, place the cable with it's the optically insulating pipe about 1 inch from the floor with insulating footing (Do not use rubber! It may let some electrons move through it. You should only use corks gained from vintage wine bottles and for the best result they should be vintage champagne bottle corks) to make sure that there isn't any electric interference. You should also replace the cable with a new one every 10 hours of use to reduce the effects of wear and tear, for the best results you change the cable every hour of use but we can understand that you might not have what it takes to watch TV as it was meant to be watch. [/joke]

For real, there isn't even any bonuses to have fiber optical HDMI cable in those lengths, except if you plan to set it next to a extremely strong magnet (no, your 1,000,000W speakers ain't strong enough, no matter if you fell entire rainforest for their hardwood). Optical HDMI-cables start to come handy after 10m lengths but even then it's questionable are they anything else than more expensive compared to other active cables. RGB-lighting on a cable, well, that's as useful as an non-functional RGB-light anywhere else.

This is for console plebs. 

*laughs in DP*

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Perfect, just what I needed for my RGB PSU cables and LED SATA cables

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

>RGB

>just the side

Pathetic.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

22 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

RGB slippers when 

you know what... how could this even be done?

✨FNIGE✨

On 11/15/2019 at 3:54 PM, Deli said:

I use €5 made in China HDMI cable.

Almost all cables come from china.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 2:35 PM, TVwazhere said:

regular 4K TV

And what is regular 4k TV? What is not regular 4K TV? ? 

CPU: i9-9900K R0 3,6 GHz (Coffee Lake) | AIO: ROG RYUJIN 360 | GPU: RTX 2080 Ti ROG MATRIX | MOBO: ROG Maximus XI Extreme | RAM: Trident Z Neo Series, DDR4-3600, CL16 64 GB | Case: O11Dynamic XL (ROG Certified) | PSU: Corsair HX1000i 80+ Platinum | SSD: 2x Samsung 970 PRO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

This forum never ceases to amaze me. Any by amaze I mean disgust. Yeah, heaven forbid should something exist that you don't like or see a use for. You know, other people can't have different tastes than you. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

32 minutes ago, dizmo said:

This forum never ceases to amaze me. Any by amaze I mean disgust. Yeah, heaven forbid should something exist that you don't like or see a use for. You know, other people can't have different tastes than you. 

How can I look down my nose at everyone if I have enough decency to let them have their own desires and likes?

The only thing I have to say about this cable is watch out for fade,  Bigclive was talking about a cable similar to this were the LED's they used faded over time (I can't remember the reason).

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

37 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I don't have a issue if someone is buying this for the looks, I have issue if someone is buying this for necessity and someone throws this level of BS to the public:

Like did the writer of the article even bother to do some research? Even passive HDMI cables go around 15m for 1080p (HDMI1.0) without problems and for 4K and 3D that's around 8m (HDMI2.0). And after those distances still somehow cheaper option is to go with active-copper HDMI-cable than with fibre. When fibre becomes necessity option for HDMI2.0 we talk about lengths of 15-20m+ and I don't know with what math someone can make 9ft and 15ft even close to those lengths.

And yes, I would and I will bash anyone who goes out and buys something like 1m-5m Monster cables or fibre cables at prices like 50-100€/$/£ and higher. Because that's the definition of buying snake-oil (excluding actual reasons, which are very specific and very rare). Just like I loved to bash my friend when he worked in one HiFi-store for that they always and in every corner tried to sell gold-plated cables for twice the price of non-plated, the reason for that bash wasn't that the gold-plating would be snake-oil all of the time, but it's complete snake-oil and ripoff when there wasn't a single device with gold-plated connectors in the store and they used sales pitches like "with this cable you get superior sound quality and it will last longer" (they didn't sell any audiophile grade stuff, except some cables that had huge margins in them), like someone could notice the difference between 5€ and 10-20€ cable with their brand new 100€ radio and like it would make a sense that the cable outlasts the device.