Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

@SeriouslyMikey

Try to get something like this, but from a dealership instead of a private owner :)

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/for-sale/search/peugeot/206/gti-1999/usedcfs-250154537023359/

I'd rather have a diesel, to be honest.  

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I'd rather have a diesel, to be honest.

Well I HATE diesel... So... Eh...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Well I HATE diesel... So... Eh...

In truth, as long as it goes from A to B with good fuel consumption, it doesn't matter. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

In truth, as long as it goes from A to B with good fuel consumption, it doesn't matter.

I know. Go for something cheap and reliable. I can't search cars ATM though... (classes -.-)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Just drove 800km to buy a set of Aplina wheels with four brand new tires for my baby, from an owner of a wrecked B3S, for dirt cheap.

Sorry for the bad quality pics, I am currently on a gas station on my way home and I just couldn't wait to share my happiness! :)

gDq26oI.jpg

40wM1pL.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Never thought I'd post here. But considering you lot know things about boxes with wheels that drinks liquids, I supposed I'd ask. 

As I am hopefully going to pass my physical driving test on the 3rd of March, I will be looking for a car. A cheap one, of course. Just something that can get me from A-B and is reasonably safe. Doesn't need to be fast of fancy either. 

I was thinking an old 2001 Renault Clio.

Any other suggestions? :P

What's your current budget? If this is your first car, I suggest going for something newer (even if it's a class lower). Maintaining an older car can take some effort.

If you enjoy fixing cars, then the older the better. ;)

Bi Xenon headlights vs LED headlights. What is better, and by how % better? 

A lot of it has to do with implementation. There are good HID headlamps and bad HID headlamps. There are also good LED headlamps and bad LED headlamps.

In terms of lamp efficiency, they are pretty close to each other. In terms of overall assembly efficiency, LED is often better (since high output SSL emitters only output on one side, it is easier to gather the output and get it to the ground). This is why recent LED headlamp designs can run at lower wattage while delivering the same level of frontal lighting.

HID Advantages:

1. Much lower cost (this is now a commodity product)

2. Same illumination level (frontal lighting level is government-regulated)

3. Easy to service (replacement bulbs and ballasts are easy to find)

LED Advantages:

1. Much longer lifespan (designed to outlive the car)

2. Better color rendering (inherently high CRI)

3. Can be more efficient (generally, the newer the design the higher the efficiency)

Just drove 800km to buy a set of Aplina wheels with four brand new tires for my baby, from an owner of a wrecked B3S, for dirt cheap.

Sorry for the bad quality pics, I am currently on a gas station on my way home and I just couldn't wait to share my happiness! :)

Is that on an E46?

I like it. They would look nice with a little drop.

System: Thinkpad T460

10/10

Spammed your like because Skylines (and JDM) are love. 

Just the start of more to come. Some of the cars that they don't let you touch.

f2821672f0.jpg

56f7082c78.jpgHappy Ferrari is happy.

3c09b568cb.jpg974f604eb2.jpg

My god that Speciale looks mean

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Is that on an E46?

I like it. They would look nice with a little drop.

Yeah, it's a e46 330i and it is already a little dropped, with aftermarket springs. I will be buying coilovers next month though for the additional flexibility in controlling ride hide. Gotta' prepare for track day. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Been reading through the whole thread as any car head would , some great rides some people have.Nice to see some love for the BMs especially the older ones, here's mine one off six individual M5

Those wheels look so cheap and horrible, if BMWs could be modified or make more power on the included engine, those multiple piece wheel would snap off. I wish that plastic molding on cars weren't a thing it destroys the body lines.

Those rims are neither horrible, nor cheap! These are AC Schnitzer rims which are absolutely awesome and badass!

why is this thread dying? :(

who likes the 2016 MX-5? any comments on it? I think they did well by making it look a bit more aggressive. Its more roadster now than little girly convertible.

mazda-mx5-miata-2016-BH07_653.jpg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

who likes the 2016 MX-5? any comments on it? I think they did well by making it look a bit more aggressive. Its more roadster now than little girly convertible.

*Snip*

I like how it looks but I am concerned that it is gaining too much size an weight.

I would love a nice NB.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

mazda-mx5-miata-2016-BH07_653.jpg

I like the styling.

I don't know if it's gonna have that go kart feel. It gets bigger and heavier every time. It's like the Golf syndrome. But I would bet its gonna be good.

System: Thinkpad T460

I cant be the only one who gets a OCD attack when wires in a engine bay are not tidy...

the engine bay on the VR6 is a mess... and i cant sort it all out until my Doka is on the road agian since i need a car for work

One dream, one soul, one prize, One goal, one golden glance of what should be, It's a kind of magic.

I cant be the only one who gets a OCD attack when wires in a engine bay are not tidy...

the engine bay on the VR6 is a mess... and i cant sort it all out until my Doka is on the road agian since i need a car for work

I can't stand it either.

When we did an engine swap in a friends pug 205 gti he really wanted to drive it when the engine was in. But i spent about an hour tidying up the wiring.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

@bcredeur97

Why Mazda why?

Mazda-Eunos-Roadster-1989_01.jpg

IMHO, this one looks better :P

I like that one too. I wouldn't mind having an NB but it's getting harder to find one in good condition for a decent price. Early NC might be the way I go when I get a different car in a couple years

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1