I have some keys broken in laptop keyboard

Is there a way to fix my keyboard keys? I broke the plastic tabs under the keycaps while cleaning.

PXL_20240523_120836153.jpg

IMG_20240523_120916057_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240523_120912203.jpg

PXL_20240523_120857571.jpg

5 minutes ago, DemonBalor252 said:

Is there a way to fix my keyboard keys? I broke the plastic tabs under the keycaps while cleaning.

You mean the tiny latches ?

If you have the broken off part you MIGHT be able to fix using superglue.

If not.... I don't think you can do anything but replace the keyboard, but perhaps there's a more knowledgeable DIYers that have a better working solution.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

If you can't get the keys to snap back on by pushing them down and massaging them around a bit, you'll have to track down replacements for the white lever pieces and maybe even the key caps (if not an entire keyboard assembly).

What model laptop?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

5 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

If you can't get the keys to snap back on by pushing them down and massaging them around a bit, you'll have to track down replacements for the white lever pieces and maybe even the key caps (if not an entire keyboard assembly).

What model laptop?

Dell Vostro 15–356

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/en-in/vostro-15-3568-laptop/dell_vostro15_3568/technical-specifications?guid=guid-7e14d157-5d85-4439-ac90-358e847b71b1&lang=en-us

Can I just feviquick the key cap and the white lever thing?

6 minutes ago, DemonBalor252 said:

Replacing the whole keyboard isn't as bad as I was expecting it to be! (Depending on the model, you sometimes have to almost completely disassemble the laptop. In this case, it's just accessible from the top.)

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/en-in/vostro-15-3568-laptop/dell_vostro15_3568/removing-the-keyboard?guid=guid-5546e4bc-a5f7-4dd2-aa33-ac2847e48cb7&lang=en-us

Pop it out with a spudger, and look for a sticker on the back with a little QR code and a line of text that starts with "DP/N". That's the part number for your keyboard. Once you have that, you should be able to find another one for not a whole lot of money. (Check eBay.) Every combination of keyboard layout and non/backlit keyboard will have a different part number.

If you don't want to take your laptop apart yet, try entering your Service Tag (serial number) into the Dell support site, then click on "System Configuration" on the right side of the page. That will list all the parts (and their part numbers) that went into your laptop at the factory.

If a backlit keyboard is an option on your laptop that you don't have, you could even upgrade to that if you wanted to (and if you find the part number).

4 minutes ago, DemonBalor252 said:

Can I just feviquick the key cap and the white lever thing?

Not really. Those little white pegs have to rotate in their catches.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.