Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Why does it look like this guy has two bottle openers on his trunk?

It's a race car.

Safety regulations probably. 

System: Thinkpad T460

Spring locks. Judging by the fact that the boot opener button is removed i'd guess he's gutted the rear. The lock,Boot interior and spares would add up to a noticable bit of weight. 

The carpet is about an inch or an inch and a half thick in these things. There is a pretty thick slab of foam on the back of them for sound dampening.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Yesterday I learned that my dad actually bought a "Sports" package for the ML500 which basically rices it for you without making it ricey by adding ML55 features like the AMG exhaust, circular foglights, Bi-Xenons, and some other stuff.

Never thought I'd post here. But considering you lot know things about boxes with wheels that drinks liquids, I supposed I'd ask. 

As I am hopefully going to pass my physical driving test on the 3rd of March, I will be looking for a car. A cheap one, of course. Just something that can get me from A-B and is reasonably safe. Doesn't need to be fast of fancy either. 

I was thinking an old 2001 Renault Clio.

Any other suggestions? :P

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

On the end, the owner of a 997 GT3 went nuts and decided to do some donuts almost hitting the rails xD

10848894_791375174244324_654922940328715

"The grass is a bit too high on this spot"

:lol:

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

To keep the trunk held down at high speed, but idk why that'd be needed as there's already downforce from the spoiler doing that....

"Rawr XD"

not sure if i posted this here yet, but here is a video i got from a track day awhile back.

--

you posted that already :D

But it's OK.. good video, worth a repost xD

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

No Top Gear talk?

I haven't watched it yet. But I'm sorta expecting a overly scripted episode

No Top Gear talk?

I haven't watched it yet. But I'm sorta expecting a overly scripted episode

Theres a Top Gear thread for that ;)

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

So I want to watch top gear but what season should I start to? Does it starts at 1? 1st season is like in 1990 something, no?

So I want to watch top gear but what season should I start to? Does it starts at 1? 1st season is like in 1990 something, no?

James isn't there season 1, and it isn't smooth or as entertaining as it is later. But I would recommend watching it from beginning to end:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Top_Gear_episodes

(IMO the prime of Top Gear is around series 10 to 14)

I started watching Top Gear in like 2009. I watched all the episodes up to that point in like 1 week  :P

Have fun binge watching.  :D

James isn't there season 1, and it isn't smooth or as entertaining as it is later. But I would recommend watching it from beginning to end:

I started watching Top Gear in like 2009. I watched all the episodes up to that point in like 1 week  :P

Ah there we go, couldn't find the wiki page, thanks.

Where can I watch or get the episodes? I can't find any DVDs or stuff.

Where can I watch or get the episodes? I can't find any DVDs or stuff.

Just search the episode on google ex/:

"top gear series 1 episode 1"

and click on the streetfire link.

The older episodes aren't HD because they are really old but that's pretty much the only way unless you netflix or buy DVD's

BAE IS LOVE BAE IS LIFE!!

I've seen that z in Person. It is beautiful.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Just search the episode on google ex/:

"top gear series 1 episode 1"

and click on the streetfire link.

The older episodes aren't HD because they are really old but that's pretty much the only way unless you netflix or buy DVD's

Is TG even on Netflix? Because I've been wanting to ditch cable and go with Netflix.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Finally home and photos are loaded onto the computer. Not going to work on them tonight though.

6e69170733.jpg

Yes. It was there.

Blarg

PDh9132.jpg

'Shopped a lowered Mazda6, would like someone better than me to put some TSW Nürburgrings and make the colour a dark blue...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ