Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

A 12A is a not boosted rotary engine ;)

My knowledge on the different variations of rotories is extremely limited.

Carry on.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

on the subject of rotary,

anyone know where to get apex seals for a mazda 12a?

kinda need a few :P

no idea tbh. Maybe rockauto.com have them? they /might/ but I doubt it

ebay? lol

im also not familiar with the working of a rotary. I only know as much as was said on the wheeler dealers (a great show if u like working on cars btw) RX-7 episode lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

So today I was crossing a street and this teenaged idiot in a Honda Civic Si pulls up and waits for me to cross, and he's riced beyond recognition with HID high-beams, yellow foglamps, loud music, fart can, the whole shebang, and he revs his engine at me to tell me "hurry the fuck up", so I took my time on purpose in crossing the street. What a fucktard.

So today I was crossing a street and this teenaged idiot in a Honda Civic Si pulls up and waits for me to cross, and he's riced beyond recognition with HID high-beams, yellow foglamps, loud music, fart can, the whole shebang, and he revs his engine at me to tell me "hurry the fuck up", so I took my time on purpose in crossing the street. What a fucktard.

Funny how people buy cars that are actually that are decent performing stock and they stink at driving.

Then they just rice it all up like you just said and they think they are so cool when really everyone is looking at them like they are stupid lol

Ive seen many many "riced up" cars at the college and a lot of them have been wrecked one way or another, by something stupid like hitting a pole lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

also gotta love people who buy civic Si's because they think they are fast in a straight line when really the whole point of the car is to be rabbit-like around corners

Spoiler

that would be a nice buy. only 63K miles lol? and its only $1200. good value.

Polish up the headlights and maybe repaint the rims or even polish the whole car and it would be looking pretty new.

Spoiler

that would be a nice buy. only 63K miles lol? and its only $1200. good value.

Polish up the headlights and maybe repaint the rims or even polish the whole car and it would be looking pretty new.

It's 163k but most if these subies have well over 200k. For the price it's still great.

System: Thinkpad T460

It's 163k but most if these subies have well over 200k. For the price it's still great.

ah ok. and yes you are correct *thumbs-up*

Spoiler

I haven't read through this thread, and I'm sure it's been asked before, but do you guys have any suggested reads to learn about mechanic?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I haven't read through this thread, and I'm sure it's been asked before, but do you guys have any suggested reads to learn about mechanic?

Here is what I have done and have learned quite a bit in the process:

A. watched Wheeler dealers for a basic, basic understanding

B. Read car specific forums

C. jumped head-first into problems with my own cars. Get a service manual and every check engine light or anything else u run into, read up on the parts you are replacing and learn what they do. eventually youll be able to piece things together and know a lot more than most DIY'ers

there are probably places where you can read up on things, but I prefer to learn by doing and experiences.

Spoiler

Here is my copy paste response for all threads related to automotive learning

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mightycarmods.com is a good community. (Although it's a bit slow compared to LTT)

So is EricTheCarGuys forum i suppose (Although it's less tuning focused)
Another thing you can do is to just get a cheap car. Some tools and a haynes manual for that car.
Then you could just drive it and fix it when it needs fixing, And learn that way

Above is an older post by me with some good sources for just general information^^ 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

What would you guys/gals suggest for cleaning leather in a car. Last car was cloth but now my new car has leather. Am I fine with anything and when should I clean the seats. I'm not messy and I don't allow people to eat or drink in my car. Car is 3 month old. Thanks in advance.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

What would you guys/gals suggest for cleaning leather in a car. Last car was cloth but now my new car has leather. Am I fine with anything and when should I clean the seats. I'm not messy and I don't allow people to eat or drink in my car. Car is 3 month old. Thanks in advance.

You can clean it with soapy water and a microfiber cloth if you want to save some cash and do a basic cleaning. Other than that those fancy leather sprays do really make a difference since they hydrate the leather and keep it fresh and soft, but there is no point of using that every time you just want to do the "weekend cleaning." In my car I only use leather products once every two-three weeks, while just dusting everything every weekend.  

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Above is an older post by me with some good sources for just general information^^

Thank you!

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

You can clean it with soapy water and a microfiber cloth if you want to save some cash and do a basic cleaning. Other than that those fancy leather sprays do really make a difference since they hydrate the leather and keep it fresh and soft, but there is no point of using that every time you just want to do the "weekend cleaning." In my car I only use leather products once every two-three weeks, while just dusting everything every weekend.  

What brand do you use? Also what duster do you use? Thanks again. Is Meguiars a good brand?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Thank you!

I can recommend MCM and Eric The Car Guy, probably two of the best YouTube channels for DIY repairs and how to's. ChrisFix is also a nice channel where the basics of the cars and automotive repairs is covered. You can check that one as well. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

What brand do you use? Also what duster do you use? Thanks again. Is Meguiars a good brand?

I wipe the dust with a slightly wet microfiber cloth and then dry everything with a fresh, dry cloth to remove streaks. Regarding the leather product, I use Autoglym -> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoglym-500ml-Leather-Care-Balm/dp/B00373L7OK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1423701405&sr=8-4&keywords=leather+treatment. I haven't heard or used Meguiars, but it is probably fine too. :)

also gotta love people who buy civic Si's because they think they are fast in a straight line when really the whole point of the car is to be rabbit-like around corners

But there are some drag Sis that do 8 second quarter mile runs.

I wipe the dust with a slightly whet microfiber cloth and then dry everything with a fresh, dry cloth to remove streaks. Regarding the leather product, I use Autoglym -> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoglym-500ml-Leather-Care-Balm/dp/B00373L7OK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1423701405&sr=8-4&keywords=leather+treatment. I haven't heard or used Meguiars, but it is probably fine too. :)

They sell Meguiars in Walmart, which i assume is not in the netherlands.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

They sell Meguiars in Walmart, which i assume is not in the netherlands.

Nope, I buy my car waxes and stuff from Amazon, because here I can't find decent ones. Thank God for Amazon! :D

But there are some drag Sis that do 8 second quarter mile runs.

so... thats different lol. the average joe thinks an Si is fast and it isnt until u put $30K into it lol

Spoiler

I would like to do that to my accord. Because civic is too small for me.

Blarg

I would like to do that to my accord. Because civic is too small for me.

quick around corners? coilovers, polyurethane bushings, and sticky tires do the trick usually

Spoiler

quick around corners? coilovers, polyethylene bushings, and sticky tires do the trick usually

I know what it needs. Its the money part of the equation thats the issue. :P

Already changed the wheels and tires and it makes a world of difference with just that compared to stock.

My dad helped a friend of his change the control arms and bushings on his challenger. They have delrin bushings in them and it really stiffened the car.

Blarg