Nvme ssd keeps disappearing from bios

Go to solution Solved by OddOod,

Welcome to the forums!
Might be a dying SSD. Make sure to backup everything you need

Hello guys I build a new pc about a week ago. It was all working correctly until my boot ssd disappeared from the bios last night and then appeared again after a couple of restarts.Today it disappeared all together. I have csm disabled (a known cause of this is to have it enabled).Please help,do I need a new ssd

Specs:

Ryzen 5 5500

Zotac rtx 4060

KIOXIA SSD Exceria G2 NVMe 1TB

G skill 2×16 gb ddr4 3200 ram

Seasonic 550w gold plus psu

Gigabyte b550 gaming x v2 (rev 1.3) moba

Thanks in advance!!

Check for motherboard BIOS and SSD firmware updates if you haven't already.

I saw this one time with 990 Pro. On that model it seems to have quite a few reports. See if there is same about your model. In my case I tried turning off power saving mode on the SSD and haven't seen it again since. I don't know if that was the fix. The "problem" might have been just a one off in my case.

Also if you have the problem again, try a cold boot and see if that brings it back faster.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Alienware AW3225QF (32" 240 Hz OLED)
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, iiyama ProLite XU2793QSU-B6 (27" 1440p 100 Hz)
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Another thing to try is to change the M.2 slot from primary slot to some other.

I edit my posts more often than not

24 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Another thing to try is to change the M.2 slot from primary slot to some other.

The slot that i have it installed right now is intergraded in the cpu, the vacant one is chipset intergraded. Does it matter where it is?

Just now, Mike_ili96 said:

The slot that i have it installed right now is intergraded in the cpu, the vacant one is chipset intergraded. Does it matter where it is?

CPU slot might be more direct, but testing in another slot is more of a diagnostic step.

I edit my posts more often than not

Welcome to the forums!

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

44 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Welcome to the forums!

Thank you !! And thank you all for your help, i will probably return it and get a samsung evo one