Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

What would you guys/gals suggest for cleaning leather in a car. Last car was cloth but now my new car has leather. Am I fine with anything and when should I clean the seats. I'm not messy and I don't allow people to eat or drink in my car. Car is 3 month old. Thanks in advance.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I know what it needs. Its the money part of the equation thats the issue. :P

Already changed the wheels and tires and it makes a world of difference with just that compared to stock.

My dad helped a friend of his change the control arms and bushings on his challenger. They have delrin bushings in them and it really stiffened the car.

bushings are a pain to change lol, usually you end up needing a hydraulic press.

This is why on a daily driver I think i would op for just coilovers (you can get a good set for only a grand on a lot of vehicles) and replacing the stock bushings as components with bushings included as needed. Tires do make a night and day difference on any car too, and keep you safer, and help you stop faster. Just annoying when you have to swap rims just to get decent tires because that is expensive lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

bushings are a pain to change lol, usually you end up needing a hydraulic press.

This is why on a daily driver I think i would op for just coilovers (you can get a good set for only a grand on a lot of vehicles) and replacing the stock bushings as components with bushings included as needed. Tires do make a night and day difference on any car too, and keep you safer, and help you stop faster. Just annoying when you have to swap rims just to get decent tires because that is expensive lol

the bushings were preset in the new control arms. We do have the tools to do bushings at my dads house though.

I think I paid 500 for my wheels because they were used but they had been freshly powdercoated. I had been looking at wheels for over a year just to put better tires on. Went from 15" to 17".

I would like to change the hubs too so I can run stock prelude rotors (which are larger than the accord) and move to a 5 lug setup instead of 4.

Blarg

Legend:

Shame he left us now. He will always be in our rallying fan hearts.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Shame he left us now. He will always be in our rallying fan hearts.

Colin McRae put Subaru Rallying on the map. And his pure passion is amazing.

And the Legacy sounds amazing.... 

System: Thinkpad T460

Ive got nothing to day, so heres a dirty Hyundai 

15776305843_9846603830_c.jpg20150129_170344 by Flat412, on Flickr

One dream, one soul, one prize, One goal, one golden glance of what should be, It's a kind of magic.

Ive got nothing to day, so heres a dirty Hyundai 

20150129_170344 by Flat412, on Flickr

Holy shit, what have you been doing?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Holy shit, what have you been doing?

Wasn't me  :D

One dream, one soul, one prize, One goal, one golden glance of what should be, It's a kind of magic.

Wasn't me  :D

Yea, doesn't look like it was from wheel-spin

Someone did some mad skids next it huh?. 

Yea, doesn't look like it was from wheel-spin

Someone did some mad skids next it huh?. 

yes, my friend in his citroen saxo. (i sat next to him)

My VR6 wont do that since i cant turn my traction control off.....

That's one shitty thing about new volks. the fact that you can't turn off pretty much anything in the car.

the bushings were preset in the new control arms. We do have the tools to do bushings at my dads house though.

I think I paid 500 for my wheels because they were used but they had been freshly powdercoated. I had been looking at wheels for over a year just to put better tires on. Went from 15" to 17".

I would like to change the hubs too so I can run stock prelude rotors (which are larger than the accord) and move to a 5 lug setup instead of 4.

sounds like your gonna make a pretty awesome car for not that much money

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

start pulling fuses my friend. Usually if you pull the ABS fuse it will turn everything off since stability and traction control rely on ABS to be working properly

edit: i know you can do this in a few other german cars, not 100% sure about yours; but it just makes sense

Spoiler

sounds like your gonna make a pretty awesome car for not that much money

Its still expensive. And the time to do stuff is rough since its my daily driver.

First thing i look for in a new car. Traction control button.

Blarg

start pulling fuses my friend. Usually if you pull the ABS fuse it will turn everything off since stability and traction control rely on ABS to be working properly

edit: i know you can do this in a few other german cars, not 100% sure about yours; but it just makes sense

It my friend's Jetta there nothing to do unless he removed the abs sensors.

so my car is kinda fast now...

dynovsstock-page-001_zps3wkxz2wn.jpg

dotted line is stock, 100% calibrated mustang dyno because that plot was the very first car on it minutes after dyno calibration/install

so my car is kinda fast now...

dotted line is stock, 100% calibrated mustang dyno because that plot was the very first car on it minutes after dyno calibration/install

Damn son, congrats.

Its still expensive. And the time to do stuff is rough since its my daily driver.

Yeah it is sadly... As much as i want to blow a grand on coilovers for my little corolla I just cant... lol

what doesnt help either is that it doesnt add much value to the car

Spoiler

Yeah it is sadly... As much as i want to blow a grand on coilovers for my little corolla I just cant... lol

what doesnt help either is that it doesnt add much value to the car

I dont plan to sell mine but I know what mean. When I finally do it will probably be a twisted charred heap on the side of the road.

Blarg

Seriously, this thread is kinda like my roleplay club. It has a lot of energy and posts in the beginning, but fast forward a couple thousand posts, and it's starting to lose energy, maybe like 2-5 posts a day. Let's keep this energy up.

Seriously, this thread is kinda like my roleplay club. It has a lot of energy and posts in the beginning, but fast forward a couple thousand posts, and it's starting to lose energy, maybe like 2-5 posts a day. Let's keep this energy up.

There's nothing to talk about and @AlexStriz and @techswede have gone AWOL  :P

There's nothing to talk about and @AlexStriz and @techswede have gone AWOL  :P

Name one time they were on the thread. Been a while.