Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I honestly think 270HP is a good limit if you drive within the city. I mean, around town, you probably don't use more than like 80HP at most because you're not revving like crazy.

i only have 170 hp in my bmw and i can make use of that power quite well too. Not having a ton of horsepower means that when you want to have fun with the car, you can use the whole power band without getting into much trouble. High horsepower cars with steep gearing can get you in allot of trouble before they even leave second gear haha. My favorite thing is seeing mostly stock 120hp miatas getting much better times that high horsepower cars at autocross events.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

i only have 170 hp in my bmw and i can make use of that power quite well too. Not having a ton of horsepower means that when you want to have fun with the car, you can use the whole power band without getting into much trouble. High horsepower cars with steep gearing can get you in allot of trouble before they even leave second gear haha. My favorite thing is seeing mostly stock 120hp miatas getting much better times that high horsepower cars at autocross events.

Wait, only 170HP? That little? I could have sworn BMWs like those can make upwards of 200HP stock. What engine do you have? Our minivan also makes 170HP, but the minivan being a minivan, it sucks balls. Our Protege, on the other hand, makes only 130 and almost bone stock exempt the cold air intake  feels nice and zippy with a 5 speed.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Wait, only 170HP? That little? I could have sworn BMWs like those can make upwards of 200HP stock. What engine do you have? Our minivan also makes 170HP, but the minivan being a minivan, it sucks balls. Our Protege, on the other hand, makes only 130 and almost bone stock exempt the cold air intake  feels nice and zippy with a 5 speed.

my car is a e46 323 coupe with the 2.5l i6. The motor is the m52tu b25. Even the 325's only have a few more than what i have. The 328 and 330 models are where you break the 200hp mark in e46's. They make very good use of their power. The manual transmission in my car along with short gearing probably helps too haha. 

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

my car is a e46 323 coupe with the 2.5l i6. The motor is the m52tu b25. Even the 325's only have a few more than what i have. The 328 and 330 models are where you break the 200hp mark in e46's. They make very good use of their power. The manual transmission in my car along with short gearing probably helps too haha. 

Oh the same engine in the base E39 5 series. Nice. At least your 6 banger has a stick. Our V6 is linked to a 4 speed automatic column shifter. It's total shit, i'll give you that. Funny thing is, that engine was also in the Ford Contour SVT, which was linked to a 5 speed. So, if I wanted to, I could convert our 4 speed autotrash to a 5 speed.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Oh the same engine in the base E39 5 series. Nice. At least your 6 banger has a stick. Our V6 is linked to a 4 speed automatic column shifter. It's total shit, i'll give you that. Funny thing is, that engine was also in the Ford Contour SVT, which was linked to a 5 speed. So, if I wanted to, I could convert our 4 speed autotrash to a 5 speed.

yeah, i hate column shifters even in autos. I really hate how some newer Mercedes have them. I prefer having the shifter in the center console even it the car is an auto.

We're missing our most active user: @AlexStriz and @techswede. They were so active here, then they suddenly disappeared.

I've just been lurking lately since i did not have much to add to the discussion

45180-The-Dude--I-cant-be-worried-ab-WBE

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

yeah, i hate column shifters even in autos. I really hate how some newer Mercedes have them. I prefer having the shifter in the center console even it the car is an auto.

I hate them purely for the fact my mom can't shift from park to reverse correctly without jolting the car. I swear, it's like she wants to kill the tranny. And a 4 speed is like pathetic. But do you know what's worse? Our 2010 Corolla still has a 4 FUCKING SPEED tranny. And cars at the time already have 7. Fucking Toyota should have put in a 6 speed at the least. But i'm happy it still gets 35MPG around town.

I've just been lurking lately since i did not have much to add to the discussion

Surely, you have one or two things to add.

Ok guys its time I share my first love when it came to cars.

I want to get one badly when I get older and can afford it as a weekend or track-day car.

The Ariel Atom. Dont even care which one, they are all amazing to me. This car will always have a place in my heart. Even if there are things better than it, I just love these things.

Have you seen ariels new offroad creation?

c84a2c272e.jpg

I saw an NSX today....

I saw a Mclaren 12c today at lunch. Didn't get a picture though. License plate said New York and I am on the west coast.

Blarg

I hate them purely for the fact my mom can't shift from park to reverse correctly without jolting the car. I swear, it's like she wants to kill the tranny. And a 4 speed is like pathetic. But do you know what's worse? Our 2010 Corolla still has a 4 FUCKING SPEED tranny. And cars at the time already have 7. Fucking Toyota should have put in a 6 speed at the least. But i'm happy it still gets 35MPG around town.

Surely, you have one or two things to add.

Maybe later. It's 07:50 and i'm about to go to the last day of uni prep before i have a week off. (Lol.. My galaxy tab corrected that to wank off. It knows what's up)

Here's something from my english textbook.

PWlsC62.jpg

We could use the first one (Have you practiced driving with your parents) Or the Women are poor drivers one as a weekly discussion topic

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

A 12A is a not boosted rotary engine  ;)

There are turbocharged variants of it in some RHD markets. :)

also gotta love people who buy civic Si's because they think they are fast in a straight line when really the whole point of the car is to be rabbit-like around corners

I think they're meant to be economical without being slow. :)

You guys should take a look at this : http://www.appy-geek.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=1&articleid=36078421&source=digest&tagid=1435719&tagname=Automobiles

Honda claims the Type R will go up to 167MPH, taunting all other hot hatches. I personally would want a Type R in America. Stupid Honda didn't want the Type R in America.

It'd be great if they can make a sedan variant. The past few hatchback Civic generations come with twist-beam rear ends.

Inexpensive vehicles generally get "proven" designs. To its credit, those Aisin 4-speeds are known to last. Most modern Toyotas are quite reliable and are cheap to own.

So I may have seen one of the 3 McLaren P1's in New Zealand...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

There's nothing to talk about and @AlexStriz and @techswede have gone AWOL  :P

We're missing our most active user: @AlexStriz and @techswede. They were so active here, then they suddenly disappeared.

It's ok y'all, I aint dead :P

This past month has been completely and utterly insane. I've had races for the past four days, and this month is the 2015 Alpine World Championships. I've been working there everyday that I'm not racing. Between skiing, working on skis, and school, I've had almost no time to check up on the forum. 

Give me a week or so, I'll be back ;)

In the mean time, here are some pictures of the new JDM FT86 (cB)

86CB04.jpg

86CB02.jpg

86CB03.jpg

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Have you seen ariels new offroad creation?

-snip-

I have, and it definitely looks like a car anybody could have fun in. But I do still like (prefer to own) the atom more myself.

Im sure its a pretty capable offroader though. Except maybe crossing water.

But im not sure if they intended it to do that, is it instead a street-legal dune buggy?

It's ok y'all, I aint dead :P

This past month has been completely and utterly insane. I've had races for the past four days, and this month is the 2015 Alpine World Championships. I've been working there everyday that I'm not racing. Between skiing, working on skis, and school, I've had almost no time to check up on the forum. 

Give me a week or so, I'll be back ;)

In the mean time, here are some pictures of the new JDM FT86 (cB)

-snip-

I think this is pretty actually, it reminds me of this for some reason:

Ferrari%2B250%2BGTO.jpg

Or were they trying to go for this?

TOYOTA_2000GT.jpgMaybe even a taste from Maserati??

granturismo_03.jpg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I have, and it definitely looks like a car anybody could have fun in. But I do still like (prefer to own) the atom more myself.

Im sure its a pretty capable offroader though. Except maybe crossing water.

But im not sure if they intended it to do that, is it instead a street-legal dune buggy?

I think it is supposed to be more of a steet legal dune buggy. Still looks fun though for running around the trails and such.

Blarg

@techswede 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

@techswede 

--snip--

Not a real 911  :ph34r:

One dream, one soul, one prize, One goal, one golden glance of what should be, It's a kind of magic.

Because its not air-cooled?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

@techswede 

--snip--

I'll have to agree. Too new and too modern

Real 911's have fans

Mvc-005f.jpg

One dream, one soul, one prize, One goal, one golden glance of what should be, It's a kind of magic.

Real 911's have fans

--snip--

And downdraft carbs <3

Real 911's have fans

I guess I am not a real 911 purist :P

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

And downdraft carbs <3

Thats mechanical Fuel injecion  :D

Thats mechanical Fuel injecion  :D

Booo!

But yeah.. Now i'm noticing the hoses. 

Mechanical fuel injection is alright though. When it works it's great

Yo, just wanted to share some pics I took of some cars

Porsche 

Vdhop6E.jpg

Maserati 

G3See3k.jpg

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Yo, just wanted to share some pics I took of some cars

Porsche 

- snip -

Maserati 

- sniperino -

I like the cars, the filters on those pics though :/

"an obvious supporter of privacy"