Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Some picture from a little car show i just got back from

YbnZzsP.jpg

2CjD98L.jpg

UF3uN0I.jpg

h3MfMCY.jpg

wheoM1l.jpg

ASjEGG1.jpg

7KwnGCX.jpg

1WTbCdz.jpg

Qcgu3Kd.jpg

JfhdXLG.jpg

4e4y2fy.jpg

393ZgkS.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Where was it?

System: Thinkpad T460

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

He ruined it with the plastidip

Believe me, it looks a lot better IRL :P

- DAYUM -

I also got back from a track day, the problem is that I'm not home ATM to share the pics and videos :/

This was a fun day :P Me and my brother on his MB SLK 200, two other friends on a Fiat 600D and another 2 on an Opel Kadett cruising around the town, doing some revs and honking some horns :lol:

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Believe me, it looks a lot better IRL :P

I also got back from a track day, the problem is that I'm not home ATM to share the pics and videos :/

This was a fun day :P Me and my brother on his MB SLK 200, two other friends on a Fiat 600D and another 2 on an Opel Kadett cruising around the town, doing some revs and honking some horns :lol:

sounds like fun. I'm hoping to go to a track day this april providing i get new tire by then lol.

sounds like fun. I'm hoping to go to a track day this april providing i get new tire by then lol.

It was :lol:

We did not enter the race though. 45€ for like an hour :/ and loads of petrol and rubber

On the end, the owner of a 997 GT3 went nuts and decided to do some donuts almost hitting the rails xD

here are a few more pics from the show.

n7dCmlA.jpg

1w6c0as.jpg

WOR9MEC.jpg

hcuN92O.jpg

z9Jkwho.jpg

IBa2Apg.jpg

2jynK5P.jpg

beJwzuK.jpg

6paxdbR.jpg

qlGJpYf.jpg

Going a little more realistic for a moment, here's the car that I actually own. A RenaultSport Clio 197.

post-109064-0-07460600-1423352285_thumb.

post-109064-0-07460600-1423352285_thumb.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0Ghz | Asus Z97 PRO | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB (4x 8GB) 1600Mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 with CableMod Custom Sleeved Cables (Black/White) Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB | Western Digital Blue Series 4TB | 3x Noctua NF-F12 PWM + 3x Noctua NF-A14 PWM | 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW+ ACX 2.0 in SLI | Windows 8.1 | Corsair K70 LUX RGB with Cherry MX Brown Switches | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Glorious PG Gaming Race Extended Mouse Mat | Beresford Caiman MKII DAC + Amptastic Mini-1 Stereo Amplifier + Q Acoustics 2010i | Sennheiser HD 598 | Audio Technica AT2020USB+ | Logitech C920 | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q

Going a little more realistic for a moment, here's the car that I actually own. A RenaultSport Clio 197.

attachicon.gif20150204_131346.jpg

RenaulSport :wub: :wub:

There were 2 RenaulSport Megane racing on the track day today :D

n7dCmlA.jpg

The things I would do for that Datsun <3

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

The things I would do for that Datsun <3

awesome, isnt it?

That Maserati, such a sexy car.

It really is, i just with they performed as good as they look.

i dont think you will every see a sketchier car on Craigslist than this. "It just got shot 7 times but its ok."

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4863665178.html

i dont think you will every see a sketchier car on Craigslist than this. "It just got shot 7 times but its ok."

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4863665178.html

Air box got holes.
Intake Manifold got hole.
No shit sherlock xD

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I can't believe how many car enthusiasts live in the Bay Area. I've been wanting to live there for a while now and work for Yahoo while i'm at it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Hey car guys, another question, quite similar to the last one. What would be the equivalent car for BMW and AUDI of a E class Mercedes and CLS class Mercedes? AUDI, Mercedes and BMW are my top 3 choices for a new luxury car.

I think a 5 series, but I think a CLS is more fullsize, while a 5 series is midsize, so a 7 series would be comparable to a CLS.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Hey car guys, another question, quite similar to the last one. What would be the equivalent car for BMW and AUDI of a E class Mercedes and CLS class Mercedes? AUDI, Mercedes and BMW are my top 3 choices for a new luxury car.

BMW's equivalent of the E-class is the 5-series, and probably the 6-series Gran Coupe for the CLS.  Audi's A7 and S7 are the equivalent of the E and CLS.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

BMW's equivalent of the E-class is the 5-series, and probably the 6-series Gran Coupe for the CLS.  Audi's A7 and S7 are the equivalent of the E and CLS.

I thought the A6 would have been the E class equivalent.

I thought the A6 would have been the E class equivalent

Really, it is.