Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Ok guys its time I share my first love when it came to cars.

I want to get one badly when I get older and can afford it as a weekend or track-day car.

The Ariel Atom. Dont even care which one, they are all amazing to me. This car will always have a place in my heart. Even if there are things better than it, I just love these things.

ariel-atom-v8-500_600x0w.jpg

Ariel-atom.gif

137538d1257253061-ariel-atom-opinions-ne

8001105106798.jpg

v8186.jpg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Ok guys its time I share my first love when it came to cars.

I want to get one badly when I get older and can afford it as a weekend or track-day car.

The Ariel Atom. Dont even care which one, they are all amazing to me. This car will always have a place in my heart. Even if there are things better than it, I just love these things.

Ah, the car that nearly tried to rip off Jeremy Clarkson's face off.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Ah, the car that nearly tried to rip off Jeremy Clarkson's face off.

yes it did. I actually have a picture of the ONLY ONE ive ever seen in person im trying to find it

the guy who had it let me sit in it, but i dont really want to share that cheesy picture on the internet xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

You guys should take a look at this : http://www.appy-geek.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=1&articleid=36078421&source=digest&tagid=1435719&tagname=Automobiles

Honda claims the Type R will go up to 167MPH, taunting all other hot hatches. I personally would want a Type R in America. Stupid Honda didn't want the Type R in America.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

HERE IT IS. yes, terrible pic i know. The only good pic I have is of me in it and it was pretty terrible lol. 

the guy went shopping in this thing lol and he was talking on the phone when I took this pic so that explains the strange look on his face lol

post-15957-0-71728700-1423806374_thumb.j

post-15957-0-71728700-1423806374_thumb.j

Spoiler

You guys should take a look at this : http://www.appy-geek.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=1&articleid=36078421&source=digest&tagid=1435719&tagname=Automobiles

Honda claims the Type R will go up to 167MPH, taunting all other hot hatches. I personally would want a Type R in America. Stupid Honda didn't want the Type R in America.

omg this thing sounds (not literal) amazing!

HONDA BRING IT TO AMERICA PLEASE! U KNOW PEOPLE WOULD BUY IT!

Spoiler

blocked by Avast....

System: Thinkpad T460

HERE IT IS. yes, terrible pic i know. The only good pic I have is of me in it and it was pretty terrible lol. 

the guy went shopping in this thing lol and he was talking on the phone when I took this pic so that explains the strange look on his face lol

attachicon.gifrsz_img_2060.jpg

that is awesome. I still have yet to see an atom. I have seen a v8 powered exocet in my area though. And plenty of caterhams/lotus 7 replicas

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

omg this thing sounds (not literal) amazing!

HONDA BRING IT TO AMERICA PLEASE! U KNOW PEOPLE WOULD BUY IT!

I'm pretty sure America has a bigger tuner fanbase than Europe, but probably smaller than Japan, it's homeland, so yeah, it makes sense to sell them here.

blocked by Avast....

I'm telling you, its a legit site. Probably a false positive.

blocked by Avast....

no issues with avast on my pc with that site.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

We're missing our most active user: @AlexStriz and @techswede. They were so active here, then they suddenly disappeared.

that is awesome. I still have yet to see an atom. I have seen a v8 powered exocet in my area though. And plenty of caterhams/lotus 7 replicas

those are nice. but man I dont know why but I just love the atom so much lol. I cant explain it.

It had to be a godsend for me to see one of these /and/ actually be able to ask questions and check it out

Spoiler

fun fact: Don't type "r34 gifs" into google images. Not fun...

Wow. Go home Google, you're drunk. Stupid MLP takes priority over R34s? My ass.

those are nice. but man I dont know why but I just love the atom so much lol. I cant explain it.

It had to be a godsend for me to see one of these /and/ actually be able to ask questions and check it out

I love Caterhams for some reason. The pure simplicity...

The R500 Superlight was faster on the Top Gear Test Track than a freaking Bugatti. I mean, a freaking 1000HP car gets ousted by this puny 300HP midget.

The R500 Superlight was faster on the Top Gear Test Track than a freaking Bugatti. I mean, a freaking 1000HP car gets ousted by this puny 300HP midget.

I like the 165.

It's like a street legal go kart. Not too powerful but nippy.

Yes I saw that. Crazy what small cars can do. Not to mention the veyron is $1million+ and the Caterham is what? 60K?

I will probably always have at least one small, agile car in my driveway. But if I have a few grand to spend on a small, agile used car (providing I have another vehicle and dont need a daily) you can bet it will be an ariel atom. Wont even care if its a fixer-upper. super easy to work on a car that is essentially just a frame

Spoiler

Yes I saw that. Crazy what small cars can do. Not to mention the veyron is $1million+ and the Caterham is what? 60K?

I will probably always have at least one small, agile car in my driveway.

If only it could beat the Pagani Huayra, then it would be truly shocking.

fun fact: Don't type "r34 gifs" into google images. Not fun...

oh god r34 = rule 34

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

same here. They are not made to be the fastest or the best handling car, but on of the most enjoyable to drive. I have driven a 150hp caterham (not sure about the exact model) before and it is just amazing what they can do with so little.

same here. They are not made to be the fastest or the best handling car, but on of the most enjoyable to drive. I have driven a 150hp caterham (not sure about the exact model) before and it is just amazing what they can do with so little.

Nice.

Probably the Seven 280.

You don't need all the fluff and power to have fun. 

Nice.

Probably the Seven 280.

You don't need all the fluff and power to have fun. 

I honestly think 270HP is a good limit if you drive within the city. I mean, around town, you probably don't use more than like 80HP at most because you're not revving like crazy.