Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, Strando123 said:

Wow.... Well it is really nice to be a young, debt free teenager who dosent need to think about "adult" economics. (All i need to care about is grades must = good and "X amount of money needs to go to long term saving, the rest goes to car parts")

Yeah that does sound nice. 

I could've bought some more stuff. But i know i've got the yearly tax on the car coming up next month and i'd like to not worry about it by then.

$280 just to keep driving for a year stings a bit. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Who needs locks for their vehicle. 9_9

People that don't drive fords :P 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

People that don't drive fords :P 

Good point, we have nothing worth stealing. :P

12 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Good point, we have nothing worth stealing. :P

Aha! So there are no locks on your SN-95? 

*Runs to texas* 

*Steals your rear axle* 

18 minutes ago, techswede said:

*Runs to texas* 

*Steals your rear axle* 

*Runs to Texas*

*Steals the rest of the mustard crowd kilker*

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Merry Christmas everyone

F9636C2F-7543-4268-8A4C-233EADB710D0.png

le tag @MEC-777

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I ma have convinced my dad to go full synthetic. :D

also, just broke 7 seconds in the 1/4 in Pixel Car Racer. #MiniLyfe #Slammed #RocketBunny

Screenshot_2016-11-27-18-37-43.png

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

4 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

I ma have convinced my dad to go full synthetic. :D

also, just broke 7 seconds in the 1/4 in Pixel Car Racer. #MiniLyfe #Slammed #RocketBunny

my dad's been using full synthetic on his cars, nothing else. :D 

30 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Merry Christmas everyone

le tag @MEC-777

hory sheet i wonder how much power that thing sucks up.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

my dad's been using full synthetic on his cars, nothing else. :D 

hory sheet i wonder how much power that thing sucks up.

Not much, they're LEDs

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 hour ago, techswede said:

*Runs to texas* 

*Steals your rear axle* 

lmfao

190k with no maintenance on that axle, you sure you want it? xD

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

More people need this.

GPscFI7.jpg

gotta admit, I do that sometimes to get around slow people.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

gotta admit, I do that sometimes to get around slow people.

Yeah, there is a turn that I take wide every day because I don't wana be stuck beside gramps having a stroke trying to decide from gas and brake. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

8 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

No I don't.

Yes I do.

get one .. and then ... get another one :P 

7 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

All of my posts are DLC. Your account just gets charged automatically. 

well fuck ... i was wondering why my bank account was to negative money :/ 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

So the Saab actually calls for 90 Octane. Around here we have 87, 89, and either 91 or 93 depending on the station. So should I go for 89 and call it a day or spring for the extra bit of Octane? 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I hope me and my Heavy long ass RWD e38 survive winter :(

59 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

So the Saab actually calls for 90 Octane. Around here we have 87, 89, and either 91 or 93 depending on the station. So should I go for 89 and call it a day or spring for the extra bit of Octane? 

you'll probably be running 93 after the tune. i'd check to see which the car likes better.

fun fact: my accord will tune itself to give an extra 5hp if run on 91/93 octane. i'm too cheap to pay the $.40/ga. though. :/

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

58 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Is that 90 already converted to the octane rating you use in the US?  Or the other kind. 

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

1 minute ago, RatedBlam said:

Is that 90 already converted to the octane rating you use in the US?  Or the other kind. 

good point. I forgot there was a difference.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

47 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

the 90 has to be the octane scale used in US ... cause here in Latvia the lowest octane number is 95

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

3 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

More people need this.

GPscFI7.jpg

I sometimes take the outside lane when taking a right turn when I know I have right of way and the speed I'm going can't be done with the inside lane. Otherwise, you're right. This is how it should be done.

4 minutes ago, Arri said:

I sometimes take the outside lane when taking a right turn when I know I have right of way and the speed I'm going can't be done with the inside lane. Otherwise, you're right. This is how it should be done.

You should never be going fast enough you can't make it in to the right lane while making a turn..?

2 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

mix 91 and 89. problem solved.

Honestly id put 91, the old car method of "just pull timing to compensate" is very unreliable IMO and requires the engine to knock before it does anything, best avoid it all-together! 

Plus what if you get a bad batch of gas? if the 91 you happen to put in happens to be 89 then that's waaaay better than if the 89 you put in happened to actually be 87...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1