Gemini on Android | Google is (again) super confusing

I was so confuse when I saw that on my phone this week. 

I really didn't understand how it was showing up Gemini two times on my Android device. I then figured it out.

Reading the version details of each apps, I could saw that one of them was actually Google Assistant, but when I tap on that one, it opens up Gemini too. So both of them shows the same thing when opened. So... my understanding is that I need both to do my home automation AND for using the new features, but let's be honest... Thank you Google for making this even more confusing (once more) and without letting us know what the heck you are doing.

search.jpg

I refused to accept the Gemini change, as it warns right in the notification that I would lose a bunch of Assistant features that run home automation.  

Unfortunately, google REFUSES to accept that answer permanently, and it asks you every single time you try to use Assistant if you'd like to switch to Gemini.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X  | Motherboard: ASROCK B450 pro4 | RAM: 2x16GB  | GPU: MSI NVIDIA RTX 2060 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S | SSD: Samsung 980 Evo 1T