Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

NA Miata with 120 original miles? Sounds perfect to me

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5831363069.html

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

5 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

NA Miata with 120 original miles? Sounds perfect to me

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5831363069.html

not worth $30k... i know its been cared for but it's still been sitting and will need new fluids and stuff

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

31 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

not worth $30k... i know its been cared for but it's still been sitting and will need new fluids and stuff

Yeah, there's no reason it should cost more than a fully specced ND

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Ladies and gentlemen. The cancer of the car community.

1. Petrol stations not having LPG for you, use petrol, and stop blaming the car?

2. Fix that shit?

3. Get new keys?

4. Christmas Tree? Now you're just trying to be funny. Reset that warning, just look it up on the internet, it's so fucking simple.

5. Consumes too much oil? Get a new car.

6. Don't like the looks? Get a different car.

7. No power? Get a stick shift, or a lighter car, or a car with more power? Try my MK1 Ford Mondeo and you'll feel the No Power Life...

8. The car you drive changes your personality? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

9. Keep your fingers on your steering wheel? Do you even know how to drive?

10. Went to the rice avenue and it still doesn't look good? No wonder why...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

He finally blew up the Miata

Also I'm buying the Horizon 3 Expansion pas later today while I can still get a discount for being a Ultimate Edition owner. First expansion is all snow based which is my favorite

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FH3_Blizzard_Mountain_Announce

12 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Also I'm buying the Horizon 3 Expansion pas later today while I can still get a discount for being a Ultimate Edition owner. First expansion is all snow based which is my favorite

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FH3_Blizzard_Mountain_Announce

Will that still be on sale on the 12th of December? Because that's probably the only day I can buy it...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

3 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Will that still be on sale on the 12th of December? Because that's probably the only day I can buy it...

I think that's the last day it's on sale for the pass. Which is normally $35 ($25 for me because Ultimate Edition)

But the two main expansions will either be $20 or $25 each (Can't remember how much Storm Island was on Horizon 2)

Surprised no one has posted this so far 

AON and AKI ratings are the same aren't they?

According to some Saab forums if I put in 90 grade or better the car will tune itself for another 3 or 4 psi of boost, so I think it's worth the little extra bit of money

@JoaoPRSousa @RevoltTrain I want to buy the expansion but I can't justify spending that money on a game I'll barely play, especially with Assetto Corsa's latest DLC and a few other sims.

On a plus side, I'm glad they have Pastrana's 2016 STI rally car in the game now. Having just photographed it on Saturday and witnessed it in action on the stages in the forest, it's definitely a beast of a car. 

DSC09718.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Just now, chaozbandit said:

@JoaoPRSousa @RevoltTrain I want to buy the expansion but I can't justify spending that money on a game I'll barely play, especially with Assetto Corsa's latest DLC and a few other sims.

On a plus side, I'm glad they have Pastrana's 2016 STI rally car in the game now. Having just photographed it on Saturday and witnessed it in action on the stages in the forest, it's definitely a beast of a car. 

It's so beautiful :x:x:x

I usually only buy one game a year that I will play, last year and early this year was GTA V, this year and next will be Horizon 3. So the extra bit of money on one game is worth it if it keeps me from buying a ridiculous amount of other games

8 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

It's so beautiful :x:x:x

I usually only buy one game a year that I will play, last year and early this year was GTA V, this year and next will be Horizon 3. So the extra bit of money on one game is worth it if it keeps me from buying a ridiculous amount of other games

It's even more beautiful on the stages in the forests. The way the exhaust note bounces off the trees, and how quickly the boost builds through the rev range... it's unreal. I thought the antilag in our (SRT-Canada) car was impressive, but SRT-USA's car is a whole different world. It's an exhaust note I can't really describe, other than saying it doesn't have the rumble of an EJ257 but when it's at full boost during launch control it's like a suppressed SR. Then he releases the handbrake and it climbs through the gears like a 600CC sport bike. No waste gates, no whistle of the turbos - just instant throttle pickup.

Or at least that's how I remember it. I so badly wish I got more photos of it but there just wasnt time in the day. @MEC-777 On the first pass of Old Detlor, Pastrana came around the corner at the top of 2nd gear fully lit, and I caught a facefull of snow and gravel. All my gear covered, camera and lens turned brown. But man, it was unreal.

DSC09510.jpg

Vermont Sportscar's rally creations are things you truly have to see to believe. The Launch Control show is merely a gateway into this world...

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

This! :D

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

2 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

This! :D

makes be want a dragster, but I dont think its right to refer to this car as a junk yard bugatti

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Okay, FINALLY getting a car this Saturday. Even took work off for the day so I could go with my dad to look at cars (and I think the whole process takes a few hours as well so...)

I have like $2,700 saved up but my dad says he wants me to have a good running car so he is going to help me out with the financing. I just don't really know what car I want, and my dad is asking me as well.

I would love a WRX but that price is out of the question, even if it is my favorite car. The only WRX I'll be finding is salvage title ones with tons of miles on CL.

I was thinking of a Miata since they're relatively abundant, especially ones that have manual transmissions. But I can't really think of anything else that I want. Maybe a 3-series but they get expensive to maintain after a while, not really any with low miles either. I couldn't really find any other Subarus like the Legacy or anything either.

Any ideas? I guess my buying range is anywhere from $5K to $10K. Probably best to keep the price low though. The only thing I REALLY want is a manual transmission. Other than that I don't really care as long as it's not a Civic or something. I'll probably be getting it from a dealership if anything.

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

He finally blew up the Miata

-snip-

Is that that car they had with the really really stupid cheap turbo setup? If so, glad to know my car can take quite a beating before it dies lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

4 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Okay, FINALLY getting a car this Saturday. Even took work off for the day so I could go with my dad to look at cars (and I think the whole process takes a few hours as well so...)

I have like $2,700 saved up but my dad says he wants me to have a good running car so he is going to help me out with the financing. I just don't really know what car I want, and my dad is asking me as well.

I would love a WRX but that price is out of the question, even if it is my favorite car. The only WRX I'll be finding is salvage title ones with tons of miles on CL.

I was thinking of a Miata since they're relatively abundant, especially ones that have manual transmissions. But I can't really think of anything else that I want. Maybe a 3-series but they get expensive to maintain after a while, not really any with low miles either. I couldn't really find any other Subarus like the Legacy or anything either.

Any ideas? I guess my buying range is anywhere from $5K to $10K. Probably best to keep the price low though. The only thing I REALLY want is a manual transmission. Other than that I don't really care as long as it's not a Civic or something. I'll probably be getting it from a dealership if anything.

Miata is a good choice, look at some Z3's if you want to go German, and you can find some honda s2000 for that price but they usually have high mileage. That is all I can think of right now but if i think of any more ill tag you. 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

11 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Is that that car they had with the really really stupid cheap turbo setup? If so, glad to know my car can take quite a beating before it dies lol

He backyard turbo'd this NA almost a year ago now, the Haggard $150 turbo car hasn't blown up yet either

But he actively tried to blow this engine up for about a month, was driving it as hard as he could for a long time without the serpentine belt, alternator, water pump, all of that, and it refused to die

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Those wheels look really strange imo.

They kinda are but that was part of the M edition Miata

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Those wheels look really strange imo.

yeah they were the normal wheels, just in chrome... @RevoltTrain

(if you saw pre-edit just know I was wrong)

http://www.miata.net/faq/wheel_weights.html

Spoiler

I think my pickup (or my what is left of a pickup) has a main seal leak, I noticed a puddle of oil under it and I looked and it's leaking about 1 drop of oil every second or two, I've been poking around and the only option seems to be take out the engine and replace the thing, that's a problem, I can't take the engine out myself and I don't have any friends, I am NOT selling the truck and I don't want to pay someone ∞ amount of money to do it, I found a Main Seal Leak repair thing, pour it in the oil and it fixes it, but that is only for minor leaks, any advice?

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

1 minute ago, TheClueLessMajority said:

I think my pickup (or my what is left of a pickup) has a main seal leak, I noticed a puddle of oil under it and I looked and it's leaking about 1 drop of oil every second or two, I've been poking around and the only option seems to be take out the engine and replace the thing, that's a problem, I can't take the engine out myself and I don't have any friends, I am NOT selling the truck and I don't want to pay someone ∞ amount of money to do it, I found a Main Seal Leak repair thing, pour it in the oil and it fixes it, but that is only for minor leaks, any advice?

sorry man, but if you are sure it's the main seal (make sure it's nothing from above leaking downwards) then you're gonna have to change it. A repair thing may slow the leak or stop it temporarily but with a leak that big you have to change it :/

This happened to my dad once with his G35. Sad times :(

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

Miata is a good choice, look at some Z3's if you want to go German, and you can find some honda s2000 for that price but they usually have high mileage. That is all I can think of right now but if i think of any more ill tag you. 

Ew I don't like the Z3 at all. The S2000 is pretty nice but I don't have that many good experiences with Hondas (the CRV we used to have was pretty poopy and underpowered).

The car doesn't necessarily have to be a coupe or convertible, just a regular car.