Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

4 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

Ay, thank you ^^^ 

everyone go look at that Porsche lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

8 minutes ago, andysix said:

get cars

5 minutes ago, andysix said:

is web free

I+think+it+s+trying+to+communicate+what+should+we+do+_6fb34b468c1c692c424695b45740c7d7.jpg

(Please dont be mad, its just a joke)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

Anyone else super excited for the Snow expansion for Horizon 3? I can't wait to get ahold of that and do some snow photography with some Subarus :x

Only car that would make the game better is a BB6 (Hasn't been in Forza since Forza 4?) I know the BB2 was in Forza 6, but no Preludes in Horizon 3 sadly.

i just want the e39 m5 in forza horizon 3. then it's a definite seller for me. the e39 m5 was in fm5 and fm6, but not in any horizon game. :( its like forza doesn't care about this somewhat unknown car in horizon.

1 hour ago, carguy86 said:

Yeah, i had to for personal reasons.

like what? feel free to pm me why. because if i can change my name because of personal reasons, then i'd do so.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

33 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

you've gone through more cars in the last 6 months than my family has gone through in the last decade.

Simple reason tho:

raw.gif

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Ok let me get this straight:

carguy86 is S--------3 correct? 

If so, A warning next time please? Thank you lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

Ok let me get this straight:

carguy86 is *blank* correct? 

If so, A warning next time please? Thank you lol

You could have pm'd me and asked "who are you?"

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Just now, carguy86 said:

Sorry :( 

something wrong with your old name? I'll erase my last post if you want. Even though I have no idea how a name could affect you in such a way

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Sorry :( 

something wrong with your old name? I'll erase my last post if you want. Even though I have no idea how a name could affect you in such a way

Pm'd

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

4 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

Who are you. What even is a person. These are the questions we ask the universe.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Who are you. What even is a person. These are the questions we ask the universe.

last ned (1).jpg

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

1 minute ago, carguy86 said:

last ned (1).jpg

you just ruined my childhood.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

So me and my dad drove to Baton Rouge... (About 80 miles). Averaged 29.7 mpg

since then I was told to wait in the car while he goes to meet a customer, Been waiting I the car for about 40 minutes now, slowly watching the average mpg for the trip drop, it's now at 25.9 lol

Spoiler

received_940876892714214.jpeg

rule34_Rule_34_a_Mindfuck-s750x600-145359.jpg

Edited by carguy86
Im trying my best to edit out the lower pic but it wont go away.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

5 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

That fucking sucks. :/ 

Just another day in California.

ukuqhmb96lqzqmgl2lmr.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

5 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

i actually shed a tear. :'( that's so sad. poor nsx, fucking lexus didn't have to hit him.

1 minute ago, theninja35 said:

Did the NSX run the red light or the SUV?

Also, can someone help me out here: I, for some reason, put a new steering wheel (Fanatec CSL) on my Christmas List as #1 and it went on sale for $400 Black Friday weekend. I think that became my Christmas gift since it was only $400, but I've now come to my senses and my TMX is enough.

Is there a way to ask for something different, or should I just be okay with it? I don't know if that's what it is, but it's very likely.

The NSX had a green, the Lexus ran the red. There was no chance the NSX could have slowed down in time once he saw the Lexus.

The TMX is more than enough for a $400 budget. Thrustmaster accessories are much more affordable and readily available than Fanatec, and the first thing you'll want to upgrade is the pedals anyways - the T3PA set should also be on your list.

Folding@Home | BOINC

3 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

You're mistaken. I already have the TMX.

I accidentally put the Fanatec on my list even though I didn't want it, and now I think they've purchased it because it was on sale. And now I am stuck with it, so I was wondering if you guys had a way for me to try to like say no ya know.

If not then that's fine, I will appreciate the Fanatec, but I won't use it as much as other things on my list.

Ah... well if you're worried they bought it, then it wouldnt hurt to ask if you really dont want another wheel. If not you can always sell it afterwards, but thats more work.

Folding@Home | BOINC

8 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Yeah...I just don't know. I really don't want it as much as something else, but I don't want to be like, "Hey, I don't want this." 

At the same time I don't want to receive it on Christmas and then only use it every so often. I just feel bad to say I don't want it after they've gone through so much work and spent so much money to get it. I don't want them to be disappointed either, because they do so much for me and it's really a very nice gift.

I just feel greedy thinking about it all.

just use the christmas gift and sell your TMX? or maybe give the TMX to someone you know? maybe a relative, or a friend, or even as a last result, one of use car thread members?

3 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

The TMX would definitely go lol and I would use the gift, but as much as I like using the wheel and playing racing games I just don't do it as often as I sit in a chair or talk to other people.

But hey, now that you have me thinking about it, I guess I would use it more than I thought.

so you'll essentially have 2 sets of steering wheels?

@MEC-777 @bcredeur97 The Cletusvette lives on in video form!

Folding@Home | BOINC

4 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

No, I said the TMX would go. As in, I would get rid of it one way or another.

i say you give it away to one of us loyal car thread members. :D

unless you already thought of something already, in that case, do it.