Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

6 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

AWD uses a differential and works on dry pavement, 4WD uses a transfer case and will fuck your shit up if you use it on dry pavement.

The Defenders we used in the army had 4wd Hi and low but no option to turn it off. So it was almost always in 4hi

And The Turning went to Noticrably shit only after engaging the lock. 

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

32 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

I feel offended

why? are you a lower income soccer mom? haha

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

28 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

The Defenders we used in the army had 4wd Hi and low but no option to turn it off. So it was almost always in 4hi

And The Turning went to Noticrably shit only after engaging the lock. 

I'm not familiar with what system they use.

1 hour ago, warmmilk said:

why? are you a lower income soccer mom? haha

We have an 05 CRV. Its quite nice to drive, nothing compared to the mini tho

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Tooshie tuesday.

DSC09361.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

5 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I'm not familiar with what system they use.

It has 3 differentials.  And the center one is manually lockable.  I assume The center diff also has the transfer case. The diffs are open, so it's not a perfect 50/50 split. But still full time with a transfer case. This not true for the really old models though.

@terrytek I drove a Landrover Defender hundreds of kilometres on asphalt and didn't grenade anything. And it's a continuous 4wd system. Since you asked if one exists.

8 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Y'all need a better PC first man.

well no shit lol, but i just need money first.

8 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

kb + mouse for cs:go man. don't use a controller for it lol

i thought fps games are a whole lot better with a controller than a keyboard and mouse.

6 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

I think the only way I could ever convince myself to buy a brand new car is if I literally got every option I'd want. It's not worth it if you don't really. Just get something 1 model year older. Buying cars brand new is never going to happen for me I think. Unless it's a WRX STI. Then it may be a different story. 

the only cars i'd buy new are luxury cars. and sporty cars. nothing else.

6 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Some aren't though. Iirc most fwd stuff that's electric isn't. I don't like it. 

Stop using logic and reason. Lemme be naive and unwilling to change!

that's how i feel about electric and self driving cars. you will never EVER see me in one of those pieces of shit. i hate electric cars and i hate self driving cars. period. those are such atrocities that america can live without.

53 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

It has 3 differentials.  And the center one is manually lockable.  I assume The center diff also has the transfer case. The diffs are open, so it's not a perfect 50/50 split. But still full time with a transfer case. This not true for the really old models though.

@terrytek I drove a Landrover Defender hundreds of kilometres on asphalt and didn't grenade anything. And it's a continuous 4wd system. Since you asked if one exists.

well i mean it's a serious offroader, and since it's been around basically forever without changing a lot of stuff, i doubt they had lockable/unlockable 4wd systems back in the 50s.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

well no shit lol, but i just need money first.

i thought fps games are a whole lot better with a controller than a keyboard and mouse.

the only cars i'd buy new are luxury cars. and sporty cars. nothing else.

that's how i feel about electric and self driving cars. you will never EVER see me in one of those pieces of shit. i hate electric cars and i hate self driving cars. period. those are such atrocities that america can live without.

well i mean it's a serious offroader, and since it's been around basically forever without changing a lot of stuff, i doubt they had lockable/unlockable 4wd systems back in the 50s.

The old models had a more typical 2wd/4lo/4hi. The "new" meaning early 80's have full time 4wd.

@MEC-777 @bcredeur97 So... I finally found out why the BRZ DNF'd :'(

15235532_1251820048223669_77761197655163

And the trees claimed many a Subaru

15288606_1330633860302148_68833119577047

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

7 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

I'm not getting anything with electric power steering. I don't care if I have to build a frame for it. It's not gonna have electric power steering. Nope. 

A lot of car journalists have been praising Porsche's latest EPS systems. That being said, those same journalists still agree it doesn't hold a candle to Porsche's old steerings systems.

13 minutes ago, terrytek said:

the direct opposite actually, with a mouse you get linear control of where your player is looking around as well as more accuracy (the player looks where you point the mouse, rather than you having to guess where to stop with an analog stick). 

It's really the mouse more than the keyboard that is the benefit here

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

10 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

@MEC-777 @bcredeur97 So... I finally found out why the BRZ DNF'd :'(

-snip-

RIP 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

10 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

the direct opposite actually, with a mouse you get linear control of where your player is looking around as well as more accuracy (the player looks where you point the mouse, rather than you having to guess where to stop with an analog stick). 

It's really the mouse more than the keyboard that is the benefit here

i suppose. then what would a controller be good for in terms of pc gaming ?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

6 minutes ago, terrytek said:

arcade-style racing games maybe? emulators, "mario-style" games, sports games, etc?

even then debatebly a keyboard is better for some of these lol

Spoiler

Aaand i just got sacked..

But at least i can use that place as a reference in future job applications. (They were pleased with my performance)

On to bigger and better things i guess. 

I'm signed up to an unemployment fund through my union so i'm not in any trouble economically. 

Kind of stings to not have somewhere to go tomorrow though. (Apart from the public employment service office) 

Time to crack open a beer and get stuck in with some writing.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

6 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

arcade-style racing games maybe? emulators, "mario-style" games, sports games, etc?

even then debatebly a keyboard is better for some of these lol

what about gta? i've always wanted to try it with a controller really.

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

But at least i can use that place as a reference in future job applications. (They were pleased with my performance)

I'm signed up to an unemployment fund through my union so i'm not in any trouble economically. 

Kind of stings to not have somewhere to go tomorrow though. (Apart from the public employment service office) 

i mean at least you got the experience for your resume. i think it shouldn't be too hard to find another job.

Just now, terrytek said:

i mean at least you got the experience for your resume. i think it shouldn't be too hard to find another job.

Well i've got no college education so it won't be a dawdle. 

What i do have is lots of experience from management all the way to grunt work. 

But we'll see what i find. If i'm lucky i'll get my excavator license through the public employment service. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

21 minutes ago, terrytek said:

controllers are great for open world sandbox games like gta,mafia, just cause, and far cry. where they dont support wheels/yokes and the driving/flying physics are not realistic.  

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

3 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

controllers are great for open world sandbox games like gta,mafia, just cause, and far cry. where they dont support wheels/yokes and the driving/flying physics are not realistic.  

yeah, for racing games i know they're not realistic for sure, but it's better than this piece of shit of a "steering wheel" where more than half the buttons are dead or stuck on. and i can't afford a nice wheel like a used g27 or a t300rs/t500rs so a controller is a good comrpomise.

13 minutes ago, techswede said:

Shit sucks, atleast you arent the only one who got some bad News today...

I cant use a 200hp 20v 4age for my e11 because it is a racing engine... So im going to use a 4agze instead. (Supercharger whine tho <3 )

Ps: how do i get the 4agze to make hellcat supercharger noises?

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

5 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

So you're not gonna pimp the bitches?

This is sweden.. The bitches are entrepreneurs that don't need no pimp 

6 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Shit sucks, atleast you arent the only one who got some bad News today...

I cant use a 200hp 20v 4age for my e11 because it is a racing engine... So im going to use a 4agze instead. (Supercharger whine tho <3 )

Ps: how do i get the 4agze to make hellcat supercharger noises?

I am now interested in your engine swap xD 

The 4AGZE uses a roots supercharger while the Hellcat uses a screw type. 

If you want the noise of a hellcat. Swap in a hellcat xD 

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

In Sweden, bitches pimp you!

tumblr_n1ghiqSDrH1qd49gbo1_500.gif

8 minutes ago, techswede said:

I am now interested in your engine swap xD 

The 4AGZE uses a roots supercharger while the Hellcat uses a screw type. 

If you want the noise of a hellcat. Swap in a hellcat xD 

Or you know i could just "borrow" a hellcat's supercharger and buy pvc piping and some pvc sement from biltema to build an intake manifold for my 4agze, im sure it wont effect reliabilty.....

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

8 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Ford lightning motor?

4agze

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server: