RX580 Sapphire Nitro+ not outputting to 144 Hz @ 4K

Just got a new monitor (HP Omen 27U). For now still rocking a RX580 that will be upgraded soon. But to my surprise I cannot display 144 Hz or even 120 Hz at 4K, even though it should (capped at 60 Hz). Tried to ask around on Discord but after troubleshooting numerous things and new drivers it didn't work. 

What I tried:

Changing to 8 bit depth and 4:2:2

Changing DP cables

Looking in display settings (states that DP 1.4 is active) & resetting display settings

Changing ports

Reinstalled drivers.

According to the guy on Discord it's running on DP 1.2, even though 1.4 is supported & turned on. Any other suggestions?

1 hour ago, Daan._official said:

running on DP 1.2

Can you confirm this? Your monitor's OSD should let you see whether it's in 1.2 or 1.4 mode

5950X/4090FE primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

5 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Can you confirm this? Your monitor's OSD should let you see whether it's in 1.2 or 1.4 mode

According to my OSD I'm running DP 1.4, but in Radeon's Display settings it says 'Current link settings 5.4 Gbps x 4' which should be DP 1.2 speed.

Looks like you aren't alone in running into this issue
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/5700-xt-display-port-bandwidth-limited-to-5-4gbps-x-4-with-use/td-p/469668
My guess is that for some reason your card is just not going to support it which really is too bad. 

5950X/4090FE primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

7 hours ago, OddOod said:

Looks like you aren't alone in running into this issue
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/5700-xt-display-port-bandwidth-limited-to-5-4gbps-x-4-with-use/td-p/469668
My guess is that for some reason your card is just not going to support it which really is too bad. 

That's a shame, then at least I know it's not my fault. Guess I'll have to update pretty soon then