Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Gonna need a radar detector soon. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

29 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Until you learn the car in question is brand new, or so I'm told. 

Oh fuck, that seriously sucks.

18 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Gonna need a radar detector soon. 

Why so?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

Oh fuck, that seriously sucks.

Why so?

County cops are assholes and I'd rather not deal with them if it can be avoided.

Was going 3 or 4 MPH MAX over the speed limit and he pulls me over. Sit there for half an hour before he returns, makes this huge long speech about responsibility and the like. Then he asks me who bought the car. I told him me. I worked my ass off for this car. That shut him up real quick. But that was such a waste of my time

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

County cops are assholes and I'd rather not deal with them if it can be avoided.

Was going 3 or 4 MPH MAX over the speed limit and he pulls me over. Sit there for half an hour before he returns, makes this huge long speech about responsibility and the like. Then he asks me who bought the car. I told him me. I worked my ass off for this car. That shut him up real quick. But that was such a waste of my time

Was this today or some time ago? Why cops are such assholes I'll never understand. Literally as long as you're not causing harm to yourself or others around you in the car, they really shouldn't give a shit what you do. Maybe I'll invest in one myself soon, because me being me, I'll probably be hooning my car, pretty much redlining on city streets, doing pulls, that sorta stuff, and I might need it in case the cops are nearby.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

Was this today or some time ago? Why cops are such assholes I'll never understand. Literally as long as you're not causing harm to yourself or others around you in the car, they really shouldn't give a shit what you do. Maybe I'll invest in one myself soon, because me being me, I'll probably be hooning my car, pretty much redlining on city streets, doing pulls, that sorta stuff, and I might need it in case the cops are nearby.

In the last hour

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

STRD-160719 1.jpg

Is it just me or is the driver side headlight not fully up on the Miata?

Looks like it's squinting

5 minutes ago, digitalnav said:

I picked up a C63S AMG recently.

Going to start making car vlogs :) 

I'm not a fan of mercs but congratulations. :D

29 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

In the last hour

well that freaking sucks. at least you didn't get ticketed, right?

17 minutes ago, digitalnav said:

I picked up a C63S AMG recently.

Going to start making car vlogs :) 

Damn, I guess you be making enough to afford one of those babies, huh?

8 minutes ago, terrytek said:

well that freaking sucks. at least you didn't get ticketed, right?

Damn, I guess you be making enough to afford one of those babies, huh?

No ticket for me

So I just totally forgot that one of the biggest car shows on the west coast, Wekfest, was actually fucking TODAY and I forgot to fucking go. Welp, it's not like I had a ride there or even money for admission. But I need to make it a fucking promise to go next year, and hopefully have a car worthy of entering.

24 minutes ago, digitalnav said:

Yeah :)

Liked the content?

nice content, nice car, though i suggest actually talking in your vlogs haha ;) 

40 minutes ago, terrytek said:

nice content, nice car, though i suggest actually talking in your vlogs haha ;) 

Yeah. Was only a quick edit test today to figure out how to use the camera haha.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

9 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Also pics of boat onthe trailer and @vetali thats what is on the inside of the 'bra' for the bearing buddy. Havent looked inside the hub on the other side or the buddy. Its runny

Thats probably just moisture... and the outer part of the buddy should be sealed away from the bearing area. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Wow... that poor guy who somehow flew off the road lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

5 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Thats what i thought. 70s outboard on an 80s hull? Is that the right term?

Yus . Oh and you dont a supercharger to do such stuff with a 2smoker . Just clever porting and an exhaust to match

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

18 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

My main reason for not wanting a manual daily is 90% of my friends daily a manual. They all loved it at first but after about a year all they do is complain about how much they hate it

I think it depends on your commute. I've had a daily manual transmission vehicle in some form or another since 2012 as my DD. I 100% prefer it, however I have a incredibly easy commute (literally 5 minutes to work), but even my old job of 10-20 minutes, or when I went to college 30 minutes away was all light-medium traffic. There was one time I was stuck in stop-n-go traffic for an hour, and THAT sucked a lot. In the last six years I've only had to experience that once and if it was more common I probably wouldnt enjoy shifting, especially given the extra wear and tear on everything. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

So I'm itching for the intercooler to come back in stock, and I'm still finalizing my decision on coilovers (thought at this point likely BC racing BR kit) and since I've got more than $800 credit left on my credit card and a day or two before the billing cycle, I figured it's a good time to pick up the RS style spoiler for my ST. Going to try and find a place that can paint the sides Kona Blue like the rest of my car though, and hopefully fill the RS indented logo (pics for reference)

Ford Performance Rear Spoiler Kit '2016-2017 Focus RS Style' Shadow Black Focus ST 2012-2017

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Didn't know these were a thing until yesterday...

@bcredeur97 @terrytek

CSCS17R2 9.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Speaking of red Mazdas, actually

@terrytek

CSCS17R2 11.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

38 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

So I'm itching for the intercooler to come back in stock, and I'm still finalizing my decision on coilovers (thought at this point likely BC racing BR kit) and since I've got more than $800 credit left on my credit card and a day or two before the billing cycle, I figured it's a good time to pick up the RS style spoiler for my ST. Going to try and find a place that can paint the sides Kona Blue like the rest of my car though, and hopefully fill the RS indented logo (pics for reference)

*SNIP*

Be very careful with leaving any sections bare carbon. The huge majority of commercial resins are not very tolerant of UV. You will NEED to use some clear coat with a UV inhibitor to keep it from yellowing out fairly quickly. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro