Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

33 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

In a not so photoshopped train of thought, there are kits to put a Fox body 5.0L and drivetrain in a first gen focus.

http://www.kugelkomponents.com/focus/focusv8.php

1.JPG

2001-Ford-Focus-ZX3-Engine.jpg

2001-Ford-Focus-ZX3-Front.jpg

I always kinda wanted to do that to my last focus, but never got the chance.

why don't you buy one that isn't running for like 500 bucks and do it?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

why don't you buy one that isn't running for like 500 bucks and do it?

Garage space. I have a two car garage with two cars and two motorcycles. No room for additional projects. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

6 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

One of the more crazy swaps that I know of has been this VW Lupo with an Audi V8 engine.

4.2lupo-55d054b616091.jpg

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

Just now, GlassBomb said:

I think this is the car in that video. If so, then it's too ghetto for my liking.

Yeah that's it I think. I agree that it looks mildly ghettoy but still cool. There's also these guys 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

2 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

Yeah that's it I think. I agree that it looks mildly ghettoy but still cool. There's also these guys 

The engine out of the hood wouldn't be too bad if it's used as a drag car or sth.

But the bodykit is 2sexy for my taste.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Thats going on the list of things I need

If those aren't troll level 9000, I have no idea what is. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Real talk though, would you not want a firstgen focus rwd conversion for rallycross with foxbody bits all the way front to back?

Maybe. I'd be a little sceptical of the durability of those kits if you're using it as a real race car though. 

I've never seen one in person so I dont have any first hand experience with how well built they really are. 

32 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

The engine out of the hood wouldn't be too bad if it's used as a drag car or sth.

But the bodykit is 2sexy for my taste.

Did someone say 2sexy? xD:P

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s480x480/e35/c182.0.715.715/12479407_461988650659844_865950631_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTIxOTU0OTMzMTQxMDIwODk3MA%3D%3D.2.c

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Id be really torn between a nice lumpy exhaust, and total stealth. Both are pretty fucking cool in something like that. 

Why not both?

$_35.JPG?set_id=2

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

Why not both?

$_35.JPG?set_id=2

You make a valid point...

I like to watch documentaries while working on photos ._.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

In other news. Got some tax return money.

And felt like it was time to get a new phone. Bought my last one in 2013.

Went to a local electronics store and looked around.

Came out with a Huawei Honor 8. And a tassimo capsule coffee machine. 

So i went from this handy thing

Samsung-Galaxy-Xcover-2-specifications-p

To one of these slabs

huawei-honor-8-0055-009.jpg

It had a decent camera and was not that pricy. = Fuck it i'll buy it. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

To one of these slabs

Tax returns in the middle of summer, wut?

Nice choice, I think the Huaweis are a good choice in the low-is cost android market. At least I've been enjoying mine.

I got my holiday bonus, so I've been succumbing to vices and bought some physical media. But I just got to have the entire Judas Priest discography, I just have to :P

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Just now, techswede said:

Samsung-Galaxy-Xcover-2-specifications-p

To one of these slabs

huawei-honor-8-0055-009.jpg

I switched from an S3 galaxy to the Honor 8 like 5 months ago ... Pretty damn impressed even now . Awesome camera , good to very good battery life , compared to the S3 its blazing fast ... And the blue color fits it perfectly . I handed it over to a few freinds , and until they saw the Huawei logo they thought it was some new Xperia or smth .. 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

6 minutes ago, techswede said:

To one of these slabs

https://www.komplett.se/product/897940/mobil/mobiltelefon/mobiltelefon/honor-8-32gb-vit#

Incase you paid more. 

5 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

Tax returns in the middle of summer, wut?

Nice choice, I think the Huaweis are a good choice in the low-is cost android market. At least I've been enjoying mine.

I got my holiday bonus, so I've been succumbing to vices and bought some physical media. But I just got to have the Entire Judas Priest discography, I just have to :P

It was a bit late. 

It seems decent so far. But all i've done is get it up and running and looked at the camera for 30 seconds.

Then i got bored and came here. 

5 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

I switched from an S3 galaxy to the Honor 8 like 5 months ago ... Pretty damn impressed even now . Awesome camera , good to very good battery life , compared to the S3 its blazing fast ... And the blue color fits it perfectly . I handed it over to a few freinds , and until they saw the Huawei logo they thought it was some new Xperia or smth .. 

Nice to know that i made a decent purchase.

Although i got mine in black. Slightly regretting it now that i've seen the blue. But eh whatever. Its a phone.

1 minute ago, ImadKnight said:

Paid less. And got a cheaper phone bill :P

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

5 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I'm not sure about 300 degrees, but the SAE ratings are done at 100C (212F) so all the oils shown should have very similar viscosities at that point since they are all 5W-30s. I say "Should" because I have no idea how much deviation there is in the industry from the standards.

Out of curiousity, why 300 degrees? That's getting pretty hot for motor oils, I've usually heard and read that if your oil temp is getting past about 275F you should be in the market for an oil cooler. 

my last track day I hit 294F before taking a cool down lap...  I'll be getting an oil cooler for my next engine, not gonna bother for this one.

I emailed Amsoil about it, he said up to 300 is ok if I change my oil often...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

1 minute ago, techswede said:

It was a bit late. 

It seems decent so far. But all i've done is get it up and running and looked at the camera for 30 seconds.

Then i got bored and came here. 

Nice to know that i made a decent purchase.

Although i got mine in black. Slightly regretting it now that i've seen the blue. But eh whatever. Its a phone.

Paid less. And got a cheaper phone bill :P

Oh damn, nice find. I've been thinking of getting it but it's a bit too pricy for me :(. Might go for the Moto G4 plus/5. Or try replacing my iphone's crappy battery...  

3 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

my last track day I hit 294F before taking a cool down lap...  I'll be getting an oil cooler for my next engine, not gonna bother for this one.

That's good info to get from the horse's mouth. 

3 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

I hate the word "often" 

how often is "often" ? Lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I hate the word "often" 

how often is "often" ? Lol

Often enough

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620