Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

One of the few car Youtubers that I still find mildly entertaining. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

man, if only lexus made more gems like this. but i mean for a car that costs 1.3333333 times as much as my house, it's kinda disappointing really, but man, that exhaust note is WILD.

Kinda weird watching this after the new camry came out. The trickle down is real, especially in the interior. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 minute ago, vetali said:

Kinda weird watching this after the new camry came out. The trickle down is real, especially in the interior. 

i mean i actually kinda see some style elements in the exterior in the new camry too. but i mean lexus really engineered a work of art really, even if it cost 400 grand, but i mean it proved lexus can compete with the big boys. that's just how i see it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

@#$% this thing is quick!! @MEC-777

https://www.instagram.com/p/BV5G-0dgVZP/

CSCS17R2 1.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i mean i actually kinda see some style elements in the exterior in the new camry too. but i mean lexus really engineered a work of art really, even if it cost 400 grand, but i mean it proved lexus can compete with the big boys. that's just how i see it.

Yeah, the odd thing to me is they designed and produced it during a really tough time for the auto industry and especially Toyota. 2008 had the recession, and Toyota was dealing with the (un)intended acceleration (issue) going on. Toyota had to be bailed out by the Japanese and US government... must of been weird borrowing money while designing this thing. Which you could say its another car, but I suggest reading into the carbon fiber weaving machines they had to design to create the pillars. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, vetali said:

Yeah, the odd thing to me is they designed and produced it during a really tough time for the auto industry and especially Toyota. 2008 had the recession, and Toyota was dealing with the (un)intended acceleration (issue) going on. Toyota had to be bailed out by the Japanese and US government... must of been weird borrowing money while designing this thing. Which you could say its another car, but I suggest reading into the carbon fiber weaving machines they had to design to create the pillars. 

well i mean it started development as early as 2000, so i mean they had some time to get it right.

and you possibly have a link regarding these weaving machines?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

well i mean it started development as early as 2000, so i mean they had some time to get it right.

and you possibly have a link regarding these weaving machines?

I'd watch the whole thing if you haven't. Its a crazy project as a whole. 

3 minutes ago, terrytek said:

But that's not a true A-class. Kinda neat that they are making a sedan version of it. But over here it's only available as a hatchback.

FAHRZEUGE_A_45_AMG_02-1230x454.jpg

Just now, GlassBomb said:

But that's not a true A-class. Kinda neat that they are making a sedan version of it. But over here it's only available as a hatchback.

FAHRZEUGE_A_45_AMG_02-1230x454.jpg

Aw what the fuck once again Mercedes has fucked over America by not giving us a hatch.

Aw what the fuck once again Mercedes has fucked over America by not giving us a hatch.

Same thing with the BMW 1 series. The direct rival to the A Class. Only available as a hatchback.

a041cc5640434e6bb8f74e0f5e1a1b6b.jpg

1 minute ago, GlassBomb said:

Same thing with the BMW 1 series. The direct rival to the A Class. Only available as a hatchback.

a041cc5640434e6bb8f74e0f5e1a1b6b.jpg

Ok but that isn't even offered in America because of the 2 Series, which pretty much infuriates me. it's genuinely a great looking car. but Mercedes is alright for at least bringing an A class model even if it's not a hatch.

10 minutes ago, terrytek said:

100%

It seems to be missing the dash cupholder though. Could ship the one I have out to you if you were to cover shipping if you purchase the car

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

100%

It seems to be missing the dash cupholder though. Could ship the one I have out to you if you were to cover shipping if you purchase the car

i might consider it if i don't even have enough money for an m5 or even a mazdaspeed 6, since 3500 might be a more realistic amount. maybe i'll buy it until i make enough money to buy an m5. it's definitely unique, since not a lot of people around my area have a saab, so maybe i might get it idk. depends on if the car still ends up being for sale later down the line.

Just now, terrytek said:

i might consider it if i don't even have enough money for an m5 or even a mazdaspeed 6, since 3500 might be a more realistic amount. maybe i'll buy it until i make enough money to buy an m5. it's definitely unique, since not a lot of people around my area have a saab, so maybe i might get it idk. depends on if the car still ends up being for sale later down the line.

I'd try to negotiate on that price, but still even at that price it's a solid buy. And with just an open air intake /K&N Drop in filter and a tuned ECU you'd be at 285HP and 310 torque

You're getting so much car for the money with a Saab. It's such a nice daily honestly

@MEC-777

Folding@Home | BOINC

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I'd try to negotiate on that price, but still even at that price it's a solid buy. And with just an open air intake /K&N Drop in filter and a tuned ECU you'd be at 285HP and 310 torque

You're getting so much car for the money with a Saab. It's such a nice daily honestly

well damn, that seems pretty solid for a daily. but i don't think this is permanent. once my vlogging career kinda takes off, pretty soon i will want an m5, so this is just a car to use to gap between using my parents' car and getting an m5. hopefully my vlogging career is successful enough that i could make a semi-living off it while in college.

Just now, terrytek said:

well damn, that seems pretty solid for a daily. but i don't think this is permanent. once my vlogging career kinda takes off, pretty soon i will want an m5, so this is just a car to use to gap between using my parents' car and getting an m5. hopefully my vlogging career is successful enough that i could make a semi-living off it while in college.

Saab wagon is a great choice

I think I'll try to always have a Saab of some nature as a daily and then some racecar / weekend car. It''s such a nice comfortable place to be, super safe, and the weird quirks are super great (Key in the center for example)

23 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Saab wagon is a great choice

I think I'll try to always have a Saab of some nature as a daily and then some racecar / weekend car. It''s such a nice comfortable place to be, super safe, and the weird quirks are super great (Key in the center for example)

it's definitely an option now. and straight piped it kinda sounds like a mazdaspeed 6, since they're both turbo and same displacement roughly, but the only caveat is that it's fwd, and i imagine torque steer might be an issue. but i think i'll buy one, make it to my needs, then sell it, but take the stuff i wanna keep like stereo and subs and whatnot for my m5.

2 hours ago, ColonelThunder said:

@techswede

opel-manta-a-slika-77793702.jpg.6fb1c765311491bec2e87ed25a50e3fb.jpg

I like the Capri alot ... but it needs serious work ... this on the other hand ... :x

Thoughts ? 

tumblr_m28fqoNnj41r3ptwe.gif

I still really want a Manta A. With a smallblock chevy in it. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

3 minutes ago, terrytek said:

it's definitely an option now. and straight piped it kinda sounds like a mazdaspeed 6, since they're both turbo and same displacement roughly, but the only caveat is that it's fwd, and i imagine torque steer might be an issue. but i think i'll buy one, make it to my needs, then sell it, but take the stuff i wanna keep like stereo and subs and whatnot for my m5.

At 265 HP and 280Tq I've not experienced even the slightest bit of torque steer unless in pouring rain

47 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Ok but that isn't even offered in America because of the 2 Series, which pretty much infuriates me. it's genuinely a great looking car. but Mercedes is alright for at least bringing an A class model even if it's not a hatch.

The 1 series is very nice to drive, drove the 2 litre diesel and its the comfiest and quietest thing i've driven

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h