Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

Does better in the city than on the highway?

Some cars are poorly geared. 

Like the golf i used to own. 3100rpm on the highway at 110km/h

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Does better in the city than on the highway?

its better on highway ... less liters per 100km is better xD 

unlike mpg .. where more is better

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_Tu-144 

Never knew about this before. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

Meanwhile I get 15 or 16 city because have to drive super fast in the city because Jimmy Johns delivery motto is "Freaky Fast Freaky Good"

At least you have fun doing it xD

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

At least you have fun doing it xD

When traction control isn't kicking in around every turn

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Ok, my father wants to replace the Mondeo with an E65 730d...

The expenses of maintaining the E60 appear to not be enough to him (it still needs a new flywheel)... For fuck's sake...

We've been in one, and I got to say, the 500Nm of torque are pretty scary...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

:x:x:x

Makes me want a Z32 dearly

34 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Ok, my father wants to replace the Mondeo with an E65 730d...

The expenses of maintaining the E60 appear to not be enough to him (it still needs a new flywheel)... For fuck's sake...

We've been in one, and I got to say, the 500Nm of torque are pretty scary...

i mean the 7 series is pretty luxurious, so I don't see the problem here, other than maintenance costs.

23 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

:x:x:x

Makes me want a Z32 dearly

The only thing turning me off from one is the cramped ass engine bay.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

i mean the 7 series is pretty luxurious, so I don't see the problem here, other than maintenance costs.

The only thing turning me off from one is the cramped ass engine bay.

Fits in there better than the stock engine tbh

this is the type of girls my generation has to deal with....

20170627_225605.thumb.png.af5421b80277378ecb0a386c3b8507ad.png

Starting to suspect that the fitness tracker in my new phone isn't very accurate. Its been sitting on my desk since i turned it on and somehow its managed to take 82 steps.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Also looks like i won't make it to the car show. Its on the 30th and i haven't heard anything from the shop yet

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

Also looks like i won't make it to the car show. Its on the 30th and i haven't heard anything from the shop yet

Probably going to be going to the local Cars and Coffee next month. Never been to one before and I really want to. Hopefully I get that day off, because i'll have to be out of the house by 6:45AM to make it to Cars and Coffee and have a good spot

@bcredeur97 

1 hour ago, ImadKnight said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_Tu-144 

Never knew about this before. 

My friend

the-concorde.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Well a women in a sub almost side swiped me on the highway. Hate drivers who can't stay in their own lane going around a turn. What made it worse was it was a right bend and I was in the right lane and the road was banked right and she still steered into my lane almost mashing her car against mine. So I did what any sane person would do. Lay on the horn then after passing give her the finger.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Since this is a huge car thread could you guys check out my post and help me decide on a car?

Just now, Max_Settings said:

Since this is a huge car thread could you guys check out my post and help me decide on a car?

Never buy a brand new car. Get something a year or two old with around 10K miles on it. Also, USD?

Never buy a brand new car. Get something a year or two old with around 10K miles on it. Also, USD?

Read the thread I mentioned it all there.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

3 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Read the thread I mentioned it all there.

R35 GTR, R8 (V8) stuff like that would be a good place to start your search

5 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

I'm partial to the ZL1 as well. Its got decent boot space on top of being a real quick car.

But look around a bit more. A 70K budget gives you quite a few options.

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

R35 GTR, R8 (V8) stuff like that would be a good place to start your search

Where do you find fairly new GTRs and R8s for under 70K?