Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I hate the word "often" 

how often is "often" ? Lol

at least once a lap. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

@techswede I'm glad you appreciate my puns :D

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

23 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Someone seems to be spoiling themselves:P.

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

47 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

Oh damn, nice find. I've been thinking of getting it but it's a bit too pricy for me :(. Might go for the Moto G4 plus/5. Or try replacing my iphone's crappy battery...  

Meanwhile I'm sitting here with an iPhone with a dead home button and decided I just wanted a cheap phone and don't need anything super special so I bought a clean LG g3 for $80 off eBay... which arrived and works great but doesn't read SIM cards for whatever stupid reason.

so I have to return that now and find something else. But waiting for my refund before I go buy something. 

Really liked the G3 apart from that issue. Was gonna flash nougat onto it. The screen was great and the whole phone wasn't any bigger than my iPhone. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Meanwhile I'm sitting here with an iPhone with a dead home button and decided I just wanted a cheap phone and don't need anything super special so I bought a clean LG g3 for $80 off eBay... which arrived and works great but doesn't read SIM cards for whatever stupid reason.

so I have to return that now and find something else. But waiting for my refund before I go buy something. 

Really liked the G3 apart from that issue. Was gonna flash nougat onto it. The screen was great and the whole phone wasn't any bigger than my iPhone. 

damn, if you were wlling to keep that phone instead of return it, you could've shipped it to me, so i could've used the screen. mine seems to be acting up super bad for no reason.

1 hour ago, techswede said:

In other news. Got some tax return money.

And felt like it was time to get a new phone. Bought my last one in 2013.

Went to a local electronics store and looked around.

Came out with a Huawei Honor 8. And a tassimo capsule coffee machine. 

So i went from this handy thing

Samsung-Galaxy-Xcover-2-specifications-p

To one of these slabs

huawei-honor-8-0055-009.jpg

It had a decent camera and was not that pricy. = Fuck it i'll buy it. 

meanwhile i'm still stuck on this piece of shit.

A2HX_1_20140418501865709.jpg

A friend gave me this for free, and he had flashed a custom ROM onto it, based on android 4.1 (shudder), and like what the fuck. WHO FUCKING THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO ONLY HAVE 1 GIG OF STORAGE? what kindof fuckery is this? i can barely fit 6 apps bc nowadays apps are so large it's crazy. and i hate how i can't format an sd card as internal storage, because it wasn't a feature until android 6.0. fuck.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

6 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Tip for ROMs on the G3:

go Fulmics if you want stable, most up-to-date 6.0 with all the LG software (mainly the camera and autofocus tweaks from the V20)

go Resurrection if you want a nightly 7.0 with the Pixel XL Launcher - had this for the first few months but it got too unstable for my daily use, so I rolled back to Fulmics; that aside nougat was a blessing to use in every other aspect

As far as battery life goes, Fulmics did slightly better but the G3 lasts 60-70% as long as my old Z2 on both roms.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

51 minutes ago, vetali said:

at least once a lap. 

Not like this tho

krndeu3hrzbdqywau77h8ouhnr82i33sa04jypxj

Folding@Home | BOINC

well form the talk about phones ... i had a HTC One M7 since like 2013 ... upgraded to a Huawei P10 like 20 days ago ... still dont know how to use all of them phone features xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

@chaozbandit I just want a working, good value, economical phone at this point.

lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

mmmmmm sweet rotary goodness 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

14 minutes ago, terrytek said:

meanwhile i'm still stuck on this piece of shit.

A friend gave me this for free, and he had flashed a custom ROM onto it, based on android 4.1 (shudder), and like what the fuck. WHO FUCKING THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO ONLY HAVE 1 GIG OF STORAGE? what kindof fuckery is this? i can barely fit 6 apps bc nowadays apps are so large it's crazy. and i hate how i can't format an sd card as internal storage, because it wasn't a feature until android 6.0. fuck.

My old phone only had 1 gig of storage as well. Just doesn't work nowadays. I've deleted almost all the apps and i still only have 196mb left in storage. 

I can't fit anything else onto it since those 196mb's are not really available. And yeah i can't format the sd card either.

And i'm running stock android 4.1 

The Huawei has 20 gigs of internal storage. Runs Nougat, Has some kind of fucked up cpu specs (4x 2,3ghz 4x1.8ghz) 

4 gigs of ram and a lot of other fancy technical bs. Even has a beauty mode selfie camera. (Doesn't work on my face) 

And it supports a 256gig SD card. 

Its more powerful than my lenovo craptop in every single way and i'm just going to use it to make phonecalls and check the occational e-mail.

And take pictures obviously. The camera is great. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, techswede said:

My old phone only had 1 gig of storage as well. Just doesn't work nowadays. I've deleted almost all the apps and i still only have 196mb left in storage. 

I can't fit anything else onto it since those 196mb's are not really available. And yeah i can't format the sd card either.

And i'm running stock android 4.1 

The Huawei has 20 gigs of internal storage. Runs Nougat, Has some kind of fucked up cpu specs (4x 2,3ghz 4x1.8ghz) 

4 gigs of ram and a lot of other fancy technical bs. Even has a beauty mode selfie camera. (Doesn't work on my face) 

And it supports a 256gig SD card. 

Its more powerful than my lenovo craptop in every single way and i'm just going to use it to make phonecalls and check the occational e-mail.

And take pictures obviously. The camera is great. 

i only have like 5 apps that I daily, and it only leaves me with 30mb free. of course, that isn't usable. this phone fucking sucks, i just need my g3 screen working again until i can afford a real upgrade, like an iphone 7 or the new oneplus 5.

why did you get such a phone with all these features if all you're gonna do is take pictures, make phonecalls, and check email? you probably could get by even with using a samsung android flip phone tbh.

15 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

@chaozbandit I just want a working, good value, economical phone at this point.

lol

https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/development/rom-fulmics-rom-3-0-tweaks-hub-ota-v30b-t3304556

Folding@Home | BOINC

37 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Swapping out the iPhone home button ain't that hard.... 

the lg G3 seems really nice. Any big pros/cons?

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

I hate the word "often" 

how often is "often" ? Lol

I took it to mean every 2-3 track days

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Bad-juju strikes again .

IMG_20170626_173555.thumb.jpg.9908050d9797c5025e14114f2a00ec61.jpg

Tho im lucky that it wasnt on a car .

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

20 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i only have like 5 apps that I daily, and it only leaves me with 30mb free. of course, that isn't usable. this phone fucking sucks, i just need my g3 screen working again until i can afford a real upgrade, like an iphone 7 or the new oneplus 5.

why did you get such a phone with all these features if all you're gonna do is take pictures, make phonecalls, and check email? you probably could get by even with using a samsung android flip phone tbh.

Because the camera was good. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

First leg of trip done. House in oregon to Seattle was 276 ish miles. Doing 60-75 the entire way depending on speed limit, and not being too easy on the throttle, and with 500 pounds of people and luggage, the S10 got 20.6 MPG. 

Pretty impressive given tire are 4" bigger than stock, with the automagic, and a big 4.3 V6. 

Meanwhile I get 15 or 16 city because have to drive super fast in the city because Jimmy Johns delivery motto is "Freaky Fast Freaky Good"

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

9 minutes ago, techswede said:

Because the camera was good. 

I guess that's a good proposition. But maybe you could have a cheap smartphone and a good standalone camera instead, if that was available in your price range.

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

First leg of trip done. House in oregon to Seattle was 276 ish miles. Doing 60-75 the entire way depending on speed limit, and not being too easy on the throttle, and with 500 pounds of people and luggage, the S10 got 20.6 MPG. 

Pretty impressive given tire are 4" bigger than stock, with the automagic, and a big 4.3 V6. 

My van with a 2.5 V6 I think barely manages 20mpg even with just 4 people and 60mph on the freeway, with about 100 lbs of cargo.

Just now, terrytek said:

I guess that's a good proposition. But maybe you could have a cheap smartphone and a good standalone camera instead, if that was available in your price range.

If i could i'd have a decent phone and a decent DSLR camera. 

And who knows. Maybe i'll use this phone a bit more than my old one. Already glancing at the fitness app. And i'm currently installing the audible app. 

Either way i got it for the price of a cheap smart phone so who gives a fuck.

14 minutes ago, terrytek said:

My van with a 2.5 V6 I think barely manages 20mpg even with just 4 people and 60mph on the freeway, with about 100 lbs of cargo.

my parents S40 does like 10l per 100km ... might be like 23.5mpg? and that is in the city ...

does like 8l per 100km on the highway (like 29.5 mpg for you who speak in mpg)

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Anyone have a recommendation for good 6.5" Coaxial speakers? Willing to drop up to $90 per pair

Gonna be adding a sub or two to the Saab also so it doesn't have to be super bassy, just sound good

6 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

my parents S40 does like 10l per 100km ... might be like 23.5mpg? and that is in the city ...

does like 8l per 100km on the highway

Does better in the city than on the highway?