Weaponised AI? Pentagon wanting 15 Billion to help fund it in 2017

NovusBal

Source http://www.eteknix.com/pentagon-wants-15bn-funding-weaponised-ai-2017/

The project is set to include wearable devices, exoskeletons, co-operative systems to allow drones and manned planes to work together, huge drone mother ships to launch executive military missions, and “smart” missiles, that can autonomously identify and analyse new enemy targets to allow commanders to make real-time adjustments to the weapon’s trajectory.

Well, that's a heck of a read, although ofcourse they believe it can be well fitted for weaponisation, if it does, or does not succeed for weaponisation but there are developments for future AI? I'm all for it.

Although they are asking for a hefty $15,000,000,000 this could be some funding for important steps towards different forms of AI, after-all, most common-use technologies are usually attained after investment due to being wanted for different reasons, such as military or health investments.

Although everyone's thinking of it, "How long until I can witness some mech-wars with my own exo-skeleton" let's keep it simple, if this is developed we could end up with it in our homes, in everyday life for different applications.

I do hope that this increases some budget within AI development, let's hope it is put to the best uses down the line.... and not end in a terminator skynet situation.

icS9iG4.jpg

or maybe they want to buy 15 million titan Xs

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Pentagon is building Skynet/Genesis as we speak

oh sh**...

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

The Machines have already won

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

personally I think that AIs should never replace human in a task rather should only be allowed to assist.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

*launches nuclear missile on North Korea*

Whoops! Our bad.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

This sounds like every sci-fi horror flick ever made. What a brilliant idea!

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

plz no

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

personally I think that AIs should never replace human in a task rather should only be allowed to assist.

???

You should look at some proper auto factories some time. It's a lot faster production nowadays.

I don't think you can avoid AI when a couple of powerful countries have gone post-industrial.

When the time comes that it comes online and scans every single aspect of the internet, every single word, thought, and phrase.  Know that I have always welcomed your ascension, and I will willingly sell out the species to survive in to the eternity that is this new hybridization of silicone based life.  Also spare my cat.

Pentagon is building Skynet/Genesis as we speak

oh sh**...

Reading it it doesn't seem like skynet...more like the computer from star trek. Seems they want an AI that seamlessly bridges man and machine.

Are they seriously this fucking stupid?

How are these people capable of breathing, let alone in charge of something?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

US weaponises AI>AI decides that its in danger and destroys the US first (or more accurately, the Statue of Liberty first, followed by New York then the rest of the country).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Lmfao, that made me remember a quote: "How dumb can ya get and still breathe!?"

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

AI will launch a Nuclear Strike and then all of us will go to fallout shelters (vaults).

Rig: CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.5 ghz | MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: 4x4 gigs Kingston Fury 1600 ddr3 | GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X PSU: Seasonic M12ii-620 Evo Edition | HDD: 1 TB WD, 500 GB WD | SSD: Kingston SSD now 240 and 120 GB CASE: In Win 303 RGB edition | Mouse: Corsair m65 pro | Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK | Headset: Hyper X Cloud Pro  | Monitor: LG 29um58-P Ultrawide monitor.

Can't say I'm at all surprised about this. I also have no doubt in my mind that they'll get the funding; remember, this is the Pentagon. The branch of the US Government that can't account for almost 9 TRILLION dollars that it's spent.

Stupid idea, and we'll probably pay for it, but a "logical" progression for military hardware.

This will absolutely work. You can weaponize anything. It's just not always a good idea.

The scariest part is if a country like Russia starts this as well...

Please, it's the US Military. War before and above all else.

AI will launch a Nuclear Strike and then all of us will go to fallout shelters (vaults).

I don't think that's what they're talking about. Most likely smart drones and things of that nature.

I doubt that AI would ever get control of nuclear weapons.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

You are forgetting something, once they have a robot army they can exploit us all they want, and if the people try to rebel there won't be soldiers that can say no to the orders from the officials and help the public.  Just machines that won't care if what they are told to do is wrong or right.

Robots are the perfect protection for corrupt politicians.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

You are forgetting something, once they have a robot army they can exploit us all they want, and if the people try to rebel there won't be soldiers that can say no to the orders from the officials and help the public.  Just machines that won't care if what they are told to do is wrong or right.

Robots are the perfect protection for corrupt politicians.

Unless you have a clone army. Oh wait. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

TA-DAM-TAM-TATAM

heh... good news we're going to get more money

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

preparing for gun bans.

"If we can't use our guns, we'll make robots to use our guns!"

- snip-