Barack Obama is the first president to learn code

terrytek

SOURCE: http://www.appy-geek.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=1&articleid=32981062&source=digest&tagid=-1&tagname=Top+Stories

obama.png?w=680&h=383

It's official: Obama writes code.

I found this very interesting. But we are in the age of technology, so yeah, it was both spectactular and also a bit expected. But it's Barack Obama, our president. I mean, have you seen any other president code before?

He probably won't be up to debating the merits of Ruby vs. Python any time soon, but the President took the time to crack out a few lines of Javascript as part of the Hour Of Code — an event that encourages students to try just one hour of programming to see if it piques their interest.

Sure, he doesn't know much about coding, but he participated in the Hour of Code, which like the quote said, encourages students to try an hour of coding to see if it interests them. And since many children look up to Obama, they see this as an opportunity. This is what he has exactly done:

As for what the President coded up: he wrote a ranking algorithm that might just rival Larry and Sergey's. Wait, sorry, wrong line — he wrote a little blurp of code that renders a square on the screen. Baby steps!

What are your thoughts? Think America's president is cool now?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Practicing what he preaches.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

that camera is bad...

Blurry as hell

EDIT: yeah I can't think of anything but cameras now :P

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Just so he can be Mr. StealYoData

Hey, hey, hey. Let's not jump to conclusions yet. He could be an excellent coder with enough practice. Then he can fixed the messed up healthcare system, ffs.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

can he code a decent healthcare system?

hes probably doing it because they cant hire anyone competent to fix the website. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Etiquette friends. I'm pretty sure he must had been thinking "Why the f*ck am I doing this anyway? Who cares about this?", and the likes.

Can he reprogram himself to carry out promises this time? Another president who promoted the peace stuff as a candidate. His healthcare system also seems to have too much restriction on freedom in terms of choosing your doctors.

I know I'm not from the US and shouldn't be talking about this, but you learn a lot listening to Ron Paul. :P If only...

Just remember guys, he isn't doing this for a new hobby. He's just doing this for the Hour of Code, to encourage students to try coding for at least an hour.

Pretty sure the people behind him are laughing at his attempts :P

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Can he reprogram himself to carry out promises this time? Another president who promoted the peace stuff as a candidate. His healthcare system also seems to have too much restriction on freedom in terms of choosing your doctors.

I know I'm not from the US and shouldn't be talking about this, but you learn a lot listening to Ron Paul. :P If only...

You don't learn anything factual from listening to one person. You just learn their opinion.

System: Thinkpad T460

That's pretty cool, a big change from Bush's inability to even fucking read/write proper English.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

If he created the Healthcare site, he isn't very good at it.

All jokes aside, I think that's awesome.

That's pretty cool, a big change from Bush's' inability to even fucking read/write proper English.

Now if we can get society to stop using slang, use punctuation, and make true sentences, I'll be even happier.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Practicing what he preaches.

Islam then, since he's a muslim.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

He should be fixing the mess that we call America, not learning how to code! xD

There's nothing he can fix with the current GOP leadership gumming up everything.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

A PR stunt doesn't undo a lot of bullshit that he gets criticized for. Learning javascript means nothing compared to the US still being heavily involved in wars and the Bush's surveillance program still being in effect instead of the broken promises of all that to end. Let me know when lobbyists can't buy politicians or we're no longer at war to actually care about what Obama does to seem trendy.

You don't learn anything factual from listening to one person. You just learn their opinion.

I'm not just listening to one person though. He won the debates. People were going to him as the Constitution reference, which just seems ridiculous as a candidate for Presidency. He was really the only guy that seemed to know what he truly was talking about and stuck to it. This seems to be the reason as to why medias were ignoring him and not mentioning him.

There's nothing he can fix with the current GOP leadership gumming up everything.

I would reply to that but I dont feel like starting a political debate! xD