Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

I just want someone to connect a huge car radiator to a computer.

42 minutes ago, Gop said:

I just want someone to connect a huge car radiator to a computer.

IIRC, they did this in a Scrapyard Wars already

Are you guys going to review the Corsair's Virtuoso RGB SE headset? Perhaps pitted against the Sennheiser PC37X which I've heard are a great pair of cans for the cost? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on their "Broadcast Quality" claims for the built in mic. At ~$200 if the quality is good, it could be a great value for someone trying to get into streaming on a budget.

How about a comparison of various RGB environments and how usable one is versus the other, including 3rd party compatibility not just with direct components, but with adapters as well (like those PCIe RGB expansion hubs or that one SATA-powered Thermaltake unit)?

What is a mad scientist but a wizard who writes things down?

what about some software tools for developers? since luke and the floatplane people sure have some for their work it could be nice to maybe include them inside the clips?

and what about linus new daily driver? he mentioned he is not keeping it?

maybe some soldering tips from jake?

Hi,

I've been watching Linus' stuff for quite some time, and I've been having a good time doing so! Many of the videos, even the newer ones, start up with something being janked out of its packaging (unboxed) before it is reviewed. Usually the packaging material is just thrown over either shoulder and left on the ground for someone to dispose off, but.. The packaging may be scrap for someone, gold for someone else and considering the time we all live in - with climate changes, environmental consirns and so on - I would really be interrested in how LMG (properly) disposes of their waste. Or at least, how to properly dispose of the waste that comes from a computer build, a new TV or what not. A video like that may be educational for many ppl who normally wouldn't care and it may help ppl, who watches the LTT stuff, dispose their waste the right way and this would be beneficial for everyone. Thanks in advance! ?

On 3/20/2019 at 5:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Scrapyard Wars with amateurs. Only coaching and build research is allowed.?

Here is a pretty cool Samsung phone to check out. The Samsung Galaxy A80

99122641_61yYD495L._SX425_.jpg.f4efc2c3e64d49ee2cad12b2c294893a.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Resently a fake AirPods called Luo Da(洛达) 1536U came out by Huaqiangbei, they said Luo Da 1536U can work perfertly as the real AirPods and it's proved by other usershttps://www.bilibili.com/video/av63017517?from=search&seid=11955359081066022289 (video in Chinese, you may need Daniel's help XD).

Can LTT come out a new vedio about it, like comparison between the fake and the real? I think that would be spciy.

On 9/26/2019 at 2:05 PM, GamerSpamLive said:

I would love to see a video on the cheapest streaming pc ever built.

Get a Raspberry Pi 4.

Replacing PCBs with Silicone Wafers (Read on ExtremeTech Could Killing Off Motherboards Boost PC Performance?)

I have always wondered if when using my earbuds or my over ear headphones... wired or bluetooth on my phone, which uses less battery on my phone. Sponsor spot? 

So, apparently PLC SSDs are now going to be a thing. I remember a few years ago when it was supposed to be scary getting a TLC drive because it was going to fail so fast. Do you guys have any way of testing current generation TLC / QLC drives against some older ones to show how far we have or have not come in the last five or so years? I know hard drive benchmarks aren't super high action and there's no RGB, but Anthony does some really great deep dives and I think he'd have good perspective and advice on this!

An idea that combines all of LTTs favorite topics: Overclocking, Scrapyard Stuff and, most important of all, a click-bait topic:

"We have Nintendos new & fastest Home Console !"

Basic premise:

- You find a Nintendo Switch with a broken Screen, that still functioning otherwise for cheap.

- Disassemble it and put it in a new custom case without the screen.

- put extra cooling on it.

- overclock the sh*t out of it.

- have games that otherwise suffer from slowdowns (doom, link's awaking) play butter smooth on the big tv.

On 9/26/2019 at 9:16 PM, Phenomena said:

Hi,

I've been watching Linus' stuff for quite some time, and I've been having a good time doing so! Many of the videos, even the newer ones, start up with something being janked out of its packaging (unboxed) before it is reviewed. Usually the packaging material is just thrown over either shoulder and left on the ground for someone to dispose off, but.. The packaging may be scrap for someone, gold for someone else and considering the time we all live in - with climate changes, environmental consirns and so on - I would really be interrested in how LMG (properly) disposes of their waste. Or at least, how to properly dispose of the waste that comes from a computer build, a new TV or what not. A video like that may be educational for many ppl who normally wouldn't care and it may help ppl, who watches the LTT stuff, dispose their waste the right way and this would be beneficial for everyone. Thanks in advance! ?

great idea man +1 from me

I’m definitely exploring this crazy world

Just a suggestion for a video that was touched upon in a few of your most recent videos. What machine should I build to suit an older gamer. 

In explanation. I have been pc gaming for twenty plus years (ti994a and ibm Xt). I now have a 5 year old and my time to play is limited to after his bedtime for A couple of hours. My taste in games is civilization and anno with occasional counter strike type combat. Rgb lighting is not needed. Would love to play anno at the highest level of graphics and have the processing power to make late game turns quick. Budget is not important but A decent return on investment is appreciated. Also as we get older our eyes need a bigger screen so suggestions there would help also. 

Thank you

Joe

even some help in explaining what I need to look for in this type of system would help (ram,processor, or whatever)

On 3/21/2019 at 5:16 AM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Alright it's been a year. Its time to ... FITNESS PC SETUP , but with power bank.

I think that while a bit outdated a video on the Omen x 2s 15 laptop would be cool, as it is a very solid gaming laptop, and is very powerful for it's thinness (2cm)

Hey, since you have been doing a lot of VR headset reviews, I thought you should do a video on a DIY headset. I was thinking something like the Zeus VR ONE plus headset, a 2560x1440 display, and some controllers.

pls more build guides!

or more dumb shit science like the diy battery thing

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

Linus likes to use and try VR headsets. They tried the cheapest and worst Windows Headset a long time ago. Now, the controllers and hand tracking may not be the best but the Samsung Odyssey + and HP Reverb have some of the best visuals on the market. I think it would be interesting to get Linus's take on these headsets.

Lets talk about the screen and lenses first.

HP Reverb: 2160 x 2160 px per eye for a combined resoultion of 4320 x 2160 which, among the top headsets on the market right now, is the highest resolution.

90 hz refresh rate.

114 degrees field of view.  

Samsung Odyssey +: 1440 × 1600 px per eye for a combined resolution of 2880 x 1600 px AMOLED displays.

"Anit-SDE Technology" that nearly eradicates the "screen door effect" which takes a different approach to the lenses then the Vive Pro.

90 hz refresh rate

110 Degrees field of view.

For some comparisons

HTC Vive Pro: 1440 × 1600 px per eye for a combined resolution of 2880 x 1600 px AMOLED displays.

90 hz refresh rate

110 Degrees field of view

Oculus Rift S: 1280 x 1440 px per eye for a combined 2560 x 1440 px LCD display

80 hz refresh rate

90 degrees field of view

Valve Index: 1440 x 1600 px per eye for a combines resolution of 2880 x 1600 px LCD displays.

120 (144) hz refresh rate

130 degrees field of view

The Oculus Rift S advertises "reduced "scree door" effect" which the Samsung Odyssey + does as well. IDK if they are comparable in that way but I do know that the Odyssey has a unique way of getting rid of the screen door effect and actually tries to soften the graphics to make it feel like there is no screen door effect but has about the same specs as the Vive Pro. 

HP Reverb is apparently kinda light and comfortable but that resolution should really make the graphics really crisp. Its also a bit larger FOV then most VR headsets, obviously not as large as Valve Index. It is also more advertised to the professional market as well. 

All of these headsets have their benefits and drawbacks. I simply think it would be really interesting for Linus to try these two headsets out, give reviews, and let the people know how the Windows MR (vr) headsets have progressed. 

Here is a different reviewer's review of these two. 

Samsung Odyssey + 

HP Reverb