Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

i was thinking a 420 vs 69 gaming pc video would be a great idea , i know LTT made a lot of videos about 69 gaming pcs but never about a 420 

umm

ok

why not a 69,420 dollar pc

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

@Mst0bG

Your topic has been merged into the official video suggestion topic

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Laptop comparison video with Linus' opinions on the best of 2020 and the best upcoming of 2021. It's a fairly mundane idea but would be very helpful and informative for a lot of people.

Maybe best thin and light, best gaming, best productivity, best 2 in 1, best 12"/13"/14"/15"/16"/17", best budget, best all rounder, most revolutionary, each with an already released model and maybe an upcoming model to look out for?

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

Every tech component for a streaming set, what are the expensive route or more a focus on certain qualities. Cheap ones, from AMPs to streaming focused ones like some of the previous sponsors, video recording with or without "capture card". Mic, filters to stands or by using RTX voice?

If there is a huge difference going with audiophile grade or current options for streaming with audio (input/output), to video chat/recording.

stick a bunch of heatsinks to a person and see if it actually cools them off

Whats the temperature (voltage?) that kills DDR4 RAM in, let's say a month?

Or if thats too long period, a week? 

I see that the problem is that you'd need a lot of time and RAM to be sure... as there are so different RAM chips with different durability.

I edit my posts more often than not

IDEA: Convert PC Case into an Air Purifier, with HEPA-filters in front of all intake fans! Keep your PC dust-free; while cleaning your room air!

I've been enamored with the notion of keeping my workspace environment clean, and that goes especially for the air. Because unless you have have a magnificent HVAC installed; there's always going to be a fair amount of dust around your workspace (despite your best vacuuming efforts), and there will be dust inside your PC.

The idea here is fairly basic; a HEPA filter works by slapping a simple intake fan in front of it; and it captures pollen, dirt, dust, moisture, bacteria, virus, and submicron liquid aerosol from your air. PC Cases have plenty intake fans, so why not place a HEPA filter in front of them? Just ensure positive pressure to prevent dust from entering via non-filtered access points.

Couple of notes are raised by this proposition:

- HEPA filter will probably reduce the air intake, but by how much?

- Do you need to install beefier fans now due to the deduced air intake?

- Would you still want/need liquid cooling to keep the components cool?

- Bonus points; why not add sound-dampening foam to boot?

A parallel to this suggestion is obviously inspired by Mineral Water PC cooling solution. You still get the fan noise from the fans, but you get dust/oil-free PC components.

Is it feasible to use your PC as an Air Purifier?

2x RTX 2080 ti (in SLI/NVlink) vs 1x RTX 3080/3090

I think the results might be cool.

Trying to upgrade the RAM / Storage on a M1 machine per https://9to5mac.com/2021/04/06/m1-mac-ssd-and-ram-upgrade/ 

This might calm down some of the tree huggers, who were upset about the nicehash sponsor spot: 

HOW TO GET THE MOST POWAAA OUT OF A SOLAR PANEL

--- We're building the most epic solar tracker ---

There are some Arduino DIY projects out there, but I'm almost sure Alex would do a better job. 

So I just watched the latest video where Sarah built a PC and as much as I enjoyed the video I couldn't help but cringe along side Linus. I know Sarah isn't the only one at LMG that doesn't know how to build a PC well so I think it would make for a good video if Linus held a sort of class or workshop where the LMG staff learns the correct way to build a PC. Maybe there can be some kind of test or grade at the end to see how everyone did.

Thoughts? 

Also Idk if this is the right place to post this.

Her effort was admirable. She did much better than that guy from The Verge claiming he built PCs before and continued to make insane mistakes. I agree though, they should do a video starting from planning phase to all the way down to installing drivers.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

@Kilobytez95I've merged your thread into the official video suggestion thread, where it would be most likely to be seen by the LMG staff

Your video suggestion kind of reminds me of this moving vlog video:

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, minibois said:

@Kilobytez95I've merged your thread into the official video suggestion thread, where it would be most likely to be seen by the LMG staff

Your video suggestion kind of reminds me of this moving vlog video:

Yea but LMG has grown alot since then and I think some of the new people could benefit from a workshop kind of thing where they learn how to build a PC.

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

Her effort was admirable. She did much better than that guy from The Verge claiming he built PCs before and continued to make insane mistakes. I agree though, they should do a video starting from planning phase to all the way down to installing drivers.

Yea she definitely gave it a good try but she made some mistakes that I would personally not consider acceptable if I built a system for a friend for example. Like not having an IO shield. I would feel bad if a friend of mine built a PC without my help and it turned out like that. Maybe it's good enough to play some games but I personally think the end user should get everything they paid for. For example she plugged the display port into the motherboard slot. If she didn't know how her GPU was supposed to preform she coudl have easily been playing games on iGPU and never used her real GPU.

LTT have done both a bulding competition and also full live streamed builds that explain from the choice of components to all about building and setting up I believe within the last year, you might want to watch that.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

We all know that scalpers are a huge issue right now with GPUs and high-end CPUs. Judging from the general feel around on forums and also from the WAN show the other week it doesn't seem like people realize the core of the problem though: consumers buying products from scalpers.

I think that LTT should do a video to spread awareness of the fact that buying GPUs and CPUs from scalpers should be frowned upon. If a large amount consumers are willing to buy a product at triples its MSRP it becomes the driving force behind scalping. Every time someone buys a product from a scalper it enables the seller to turn around and use whatever means they have of getting products cheaper and buy 2 or 3 more.

Right now all of the ill will is toward the scalpers themselves (with good reason), but I believe we need to spread that ill will to those who buy products from scalpers as well; they are just adding fuel to the fire.

I got into Investing and Trading 2 years ago.Since then, especially since the GME hype Trading has gained a widespread popularity. 

In my opinion this created a new nyche for Pc setups/builds: Trading stations. 

On one hand there are a lot of youtubers with trading channels and streaming live Investing and there are a lot retail traders, every day people, who get into the 'hobby'.

So i thought it would be a good idea for build video: Budget Trading station / best Trading Station / Monitor Setup / What Hardware for streaming, ....

Maybe you guys could even do a collaboration with some Youtuber, who streams. Not the big names, the got the money. But little fishes like my favorite Channel: Weenie trades live. 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC51bPruZl243D-82rBAMYxg

thats just a nice guy, who would benefit from the tech upgrade.

maybe you consider the idea

On 4/6/2021 at 6:16 AM, Darth Revan said:

2x RTX 2080 ti (in SLI/NVlink) vs 1x RTX 3080/3090

I think the results might be cool.

not really, since almost nothing made anymore uses SLI.  

The SLI might win in select SLI capable titles, but in the majority, it'll just get wrecked.

Ok, we have seen lots of fancy and weird cases on LTT (even cases built of cardboard paper... sort of...). But I think it is time to Mr. Alex to put his engeneering skills to the work and build something like this video (note: this is not my channel or any kind of pub). C'mon guys, a PC case would be even easier. The guy in the video managed to make the round edges and stuff!

Hey y'all,

I recently found out that WoW was designed to utilize CPU resources over GPU. I noticed that WoW was running extremely slow on my custom PC, despite having a 1660 super, running other games 60+ fps at max settings. Apparently, the game engine is quite old (no surprise there), and the decision to use it was made at a time when most gamers didn't have access to powerful GPUs. Funnily enough, turning UP the graphics settings can make it run FASTER since the higher settings force the game to use the GPU. 

Anyways, I thought this might be an interesting way to measure CPU performance - "how many fps can you get with WoW at minimum settings?"

Or perhaps I am terribly, terribly mistaken about all of this. In either case, it may be an interesting topic for a video :)

Cheers,
Alex

I think you should make a video of making a full setup right now in 2021(during the whole gpu price increase and stuff) 

That includes a:

PC

MONITOR

MOUSE 

KEYBOARD

HEADSET 
TABLE

WEBCAM 
CHAIR

Etc.

With benchmarks