Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

video on the topic of using and difference between having 3 screens and widescreen monitors. Image quality, price, usability with programs (there is some third party windows softwares for widescreens for managing them like you could with linux. Set locations on the screen for windows (not so great for various fullscreen modes)

3 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

video on the topic of using and difference between having 3 screens and widescreen monitors. Image quality, price, usability with programs (there is some third party windows softwares for widescreens for managing them like you could with linux. Set locations on the screen for windows (not so great for various fullscreen modes)

Would love to dual boot in my video I can shoot cause rona

How about what we should expect in upcoming graphics cards?

haha broskie like dab my guy

Unavailability?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Hello there, I'm from Singapore - not sure if this has been asked before, and since Linus has been to Singapore before (I remember his Sim Lim Square visit video fondly), if the LTT team could review a monitor brand that we have here in Singapore called Prism Plus. It's cheaper than most well know brands, and I've been using one of their monitors for more than a year now and quite happy with the investment. Keen to hear what you guys think about their monitors.

How about “recovering lost heat energy from a gaming computer”? Use a thermoelectric generator between a cpu and a cooler of some kind (or LN2) to get the correct temperature differential to move current. Maybe he could charge some controller batteries with it or run rgb. I’m not even sure if this would be possible to get the temp differential correct, or even if it would produce any usable current. It for sure wouldn’t be “worth it” after a quick search on digikey lol but would be an AMAZING trick. Just a thought. 

Hi, LTT Team.

I'm struggling to find a decent gamepad for my kids as most of the products are crap or don't have enough buttons to play modern titles.
It would be cool if you can make a video where you review several products and describe pros and cons.

It's a big pain for parents as kids are known for having tiny hands (even smaller than Linus's).

I'm a pretty decent googler, but I failed to find any decent review on this topic so it seems to be a fresh topic. Especially for the PC gaming.

Looking forward to seeing a video one day.
Thanks!

With the prevalence of nvme m.2 ssds over the last few years, and people often wanting to keep old storage and add to it, a video on how to manage large numbers of m.2 ssds could be interesting. Since most CPUs only have enough lanes for a couple, what kind of performance impact do you get putting in too many, on different systems. Like, if I tossed 2 on the motherboard, and 2 more on pcie x4 => nvme cards, would that hurt things? 

More M1 MacBook related content, especially when reviewing or making other laptop related videos, even windows laptops cause its a pretty good value compared to a lot of other ultrabooks and lightweight devices and for a lot of people who don't care about sticking to windows, its better to get an M1 notebook compared to a windows machine.

I'd really like to see a new build with the aquarium chiller (or something similar). I know it's extremely difficult to execute and manage a sub-zero build, however, the content it produces is very enjoyable.

Maybe this time to spice it up, you could add a 3090 to the loop 😉

You guys should do an ultrawide monitor roundup for 1080p and 1440p

VIDEO IDEA: Solving GPU shortage for gamers

my solution: Sell GPUs on Steam, Epic etc...

Rules:

1. These services know, who is real gamer (how many hours you spend playing actual games)
  2. These services can make rule, than anyone who played X hour, can buy a ONE new GPU every 2(?) years (they will not guarrantie more GPUs for one player, so no one will just resell new GPUs)
  3. These services can even check, that you put your GPU to YOUR gaming computer  
  4. Most important: These services NEED GPUs for players, playing games is how they make money, so they need fair system for real players.

Hey Linus, I was watching you vid with that A.I dog thing and came across something much better!! when i seen the vid i totally thought it was areal puppy! full A.I walks/runs barks,and the price is awesome! yoou should def check it out and do a vid on it,the views youll get when you take it apart will be insane lol heres the site.

https://www.bstkole.com/products/husky?variant=1000004018753589

Hey LMG,

A suggestion: Can you do a video about sustainable (gaming) pcs? What can we do the reduce the upfront CO2 emission cost of our system? How can we run the most efficient system ourselves? Are there settings that could help in reducing the power draw? 

Why would you do this? Well, we all know that the segways to lttstore.com are the most important. And clearly, longevity of the product is one of the best ways to reduce your overall CO2 for having a system, because you'll use less. Just like the quality products from lttstore.com (i'm joking, you don't need help to come up with segways).

2 minutes ago, daimonie said:

A suggestion: Can you do a video about sustainable (gaming) pcs? What can we do the reduce the upfront CO2 emission cost of our system? How can we run the most efficient system ourselves? Are there settings that could help in reducing the power draw? 

Why would you do this? Well, we all know that the segways to lttstore.com are the most important. And clearly, longevity of the product is one of the best ways to reduce your overall CO2 for having a system, because you'll use less.

Undervolt to a safe level, enough juice so it doesn't dry out.

Stuff with a good cooling that takes less energy. but will use more mass. Newer generations can sometimes offer a lot of performance improvements, thermals, power savings or features that might be easier to adjust. Else if there was more "natural" or barebone tech choices, as in easier to recycle and I do wonder if one could get a choice to only get the GPU board without cooler (doubt) to reuse GPU coolers. Would be nice to see that be done on harder cards to do this with. (not 3 fan cooler card on a 2 fan card)

Good powersupplies, also what are you going to use the PC for? Desktop or laptop?

Hi Linus, 

- I just saw a video on LTT about mining. I think it's a very good idea to review One Click Miner (OCM) from Vertcoin (https://vertcoin.org/), as it's friendly and easy to use mining software for gamer. Vertcoin inherits all features of Bitcoin and future updates, with one important distinction: while Bitcoin already gave up to ASIC farms (majority in China), Vertcoin focuses on fair mining/distribution with consumer hardware (GPU) and stay true to Satoshi's vision. There's no pre-mine or developer tax. In addition, Vertcoin has submarine swap with lightning network Bitcoin coming soon. Below is the video instruction for the OCM, please note that Antivirus software will flag OCM as Virus/Malware but it's false negative as the software is open source, so it's 100% safe.

- I understand many gamers are not happy about the GPU shortage problem, but it's mostly because of scalper and bot, while Nvidia refuses to verify gamer to sell GPU to. Most VTC's miners are also gamer using the GPU they already have.

-  Vertcoin recently hard forked to a new algorithm Verthash that is very efficient. So you can game/work and mine at the same time with some fps dropped (depends on the game). Below is a sample demo.

Hi All,

I have been using my Razer Blade 15 and my biggest pet peeve is how uncontrollably hot it gets.

Then I had an idea about replacing the bottom cover and replacing it with a custom machined heatsink.

This would make contact with the copper plate and hopefully dissipate the heat away from the the main components without raising the chassis temperature too much.

If made out of aluminium it would also come in under 200g which I think is more the acceptable for a thin laptop.

I have attached the CAD model below.

image.thumb.png.07e47587724bea5ebf2ade1cdab42299.png

image.thumb.png.44d09d9a9b10f07efdd8229417c9058c.png

27961631_LaptopBackPlate.ipt 1846747131_LaptopBackPlate.stp

Hi,

I was randomly surfing the internet and I came across this site: http://powerseats.eu/

They turn car seats from luxury cars (such as Maserati GranTurismo and Rolls-Royce Phantom) into office chairs with their full range of electronic adjustment. 

Car seats have good ergonomics already for prolonged seating which makes them good as office chairs especially if you are sitting in front of a monitor for hours and hours on end.

Would be cool to see if you could DIY it for much cheaper with surplus car parts, maybe use seats which are ventilated and use fans and coolers to cool the user like the water cooled chair.

Maybe have the chair in a home theatre setup? Not to mention it would be cool to say you have a rolls royce gaming chair.

New server project: get 100 ExaDrives and load this puppy up good!

Partick already hinted at a new collab when/if restrictions are lifted. Can't wait!

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Building a completly green gaming pc

Can it be done? I have no idea lol, but, it would be fun to see you guys trying to build a gaming pc in which every component must be green. I don't know, it sounds like a fun challenge. Cheers!

On 3/20/2019 at 9:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

I was hoping Linus and the team could look at a Budget Build Cases specifically a review on some of the less known brands I’d suggest personally Sahara P35 Mid Tower. Just looking to see an idea as I look to build my pc and I want to see what Linus would think about airflow and size and quality the Sahara P35 is available on Amazon for £55 GBP so I’d say around 60-65 dollars.

On 3/20/2019 at 2:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

I was just browsing Reddit, and I saw this https://mcci.com . The company seems to make usb and iot dev tools, and some of them look a little.... overpriced. And the ones that don’t look overpriced look downright funky. I’ll be honest, I don’t have a clue what 90% of the words on the site mean, but a tiny 800 dollar USB-C switch in a blue laser cut acrylic housing, seems a tad absurd imo. I’m sure that somewhere in the chain the price is justified.... probably...

Anyway. Some of the weirder and highly specific tools, seem like the kind of thing that Linus would appreciate making a video explaining the purpose of and why it’s so expensive (maybe Bc manufacturing volume is so low?). But if not, maybe some of the comments on this post will clear things up.