Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

@Shiven TharejaYour post was moved to the official video suggestion thread

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

You guys should do some sort of lmg, uncut like where all the footage is raw, no bleeps for cussing no flashy intro, no crazy segway, just people enjoying their job because they work at lmg 

Don’t take everything I say seriously 

take it with a grain of s a l t

@tireyou'll see some of that if you sub on floatplane 🙂

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

1764628809_ScreenShot2021-04-07at2_08_21PM.thumb.png.405a0598f74c4ae755c784fabf309355.png

Summary

It is an adapter to make a Pi Zero into a handheld terminal devices similar to the pocket linux smartphone. It has options for expansion packs but can also support other items with the outs added to it.

My thoughts

Thought this might be something that Anthony might be curious about.

Sources

Webpage

Youtube Video

10 minutes ago, Skyline1029 said:

Summary

It is an adapter to make a Pi Zero into a handheld terminal devices similar to the pocket linux smartphone. It has options for expansion packs but can also support other items with the outs added to it.

My thoughts

Thought this might be something that Anthony might be curious about.

Sources

Webpage

Youtube Video

not tech news.. also the video is a year old..

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

@Skyline1029

I've merged your thread into the official video suggestion thread. Because of the age of the product, it wouldn't be considered news-worthy anymore.

By having your post in the suggestion thread, it has the best chance of being seen by LTT.

By the way, your "Webpage" link at the bottom of the post seems to be broken, as it just redirects to the page your post is on.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Idea: Could you perhaps consider doing a video on the new Bang & Olufson Beoplay Portal headset? At first thought I thought it might fit more on ShortCircuit but there could be more room for a main channel deep dive.

1st there's the angle of what do you get when going up to the $500 price point compared with the headsets recently looked at in the $100 roundup

2nd there's how good is the mic for gaming compared with a traditional headset mic

3rd there's how good is it for music compared with other high end ANC headphones. Could this be a single pair of headphones that are great for music, video and gaming? No longer need multiple headsets for specific purposes, or are you better off with something like Sony wh-1000XM3/4's or Bose QC35's for music/out and about and a cheap dedicated gaming headset? 

Then there's also a chance to look at why other headsets can't do music and gaming well enough to be a single purchase, and also why is it so difficult to have a single wirless headset for PC,Xbox, Playstation and Switch.

Oh and seeing as it's got the Xbox partnership you can also pull out that gold controller again for a really "Money is no object" xbox setup.

https://www.whathifi.com/news/bang-and-olufsen-unveils-its-first-ever-wireless-gaming-headset-beoplay-portal

Hopefully this is something others would find interesting and it's not just me looking for reassurance before dropping  that much money.

Edited by captain-drunKles
Clarification of a point - added "or are you better off with something like Sony wh-1000XM3/4's or Bose QC35's for music/out and about and a cheap dedicated gaming headset?" and final sentence.

Could you do a vid explaining if you should buy the new 3080 or if the older 2080ti is still worth the money possibly on the main channel or possibly tech quickie

(side note IDK if this was a video already) 😉🤔

my list of ideas

cyber power laptops

PS vita   1000 2000 or the PS TV

xiaomi mi11i

dum bxiaomi stuff like  there scooter there tv  there laptops ect.

do a video on cheap bang good periferals like the gigaware k550 or machinike m830

I had a few cross over ideas:
Linus x Some Ordinary gamer
Linus x Gary Whitta [Animal Talking]

Linus x Techmoan

Linus x SOG x Techmoan (dunno how that would go, but it would be interesting)

New Segment idea:
Linus tries out kitchen tech. If this happens he should get together with Andrew from Binging with Babbish. 

I make videos about games and stuff. 
Gamecast once a while - youtube.com/tarrabyte if you like things that I like. 

Fighting Windows to get it on the M1 Macs

Or................

VR (Whether it be a Vive Pro or an Index or just a simple Quest 2) on an Intel-based Mac Notebook

Not exactly a video suggestion, but I think Linus should try mountain biking, and maybe make a video on channel super fun or something.  I think he would love it.  Also, I would love to see Linus going down A-Line at whistler at some point.

Hello all, as we know lg televisions have a setting called 'just scan' , this setting when set to on takes the input and tries to upscale it to tv's native resolution ( in my case lg c7, native is 4k).

I recently found out that when I 'm using my console for gaming (xbox series x) if I have this setting to on or auto, because most games use dynamic resolution, that creates lag ( or should I say input lag), very noticable when playing online multiplayer games.

That happens because the resolution changes maybe a lot between every second and the tv just tries to upscale every frame that is not native 4k.

So, long story short, anyone gaming using consoles better set just scan to off, especially for multiplayer fast paced games. I would love though to see Linus make a video about it using his equipment and show us the numbers.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for your time reading it.

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but a video about VR gaming on integrated grphics, not even sure if it's possible but if it is then you could take different generation of headsets and processors and see if you can get a decent performance.
Might be a good video for any trying to make a VR PC but unable to get a graphics card.

So I have an idea, as the title suggests. Try to get a 3090 to run windows or an easier to run linux would probably be more applicable.

What are you guys thoughts here on the forum, if you agree we can make this topic get noticed by linus for video. and video = views due to the concept. at least i believe it would do well!

Thanks for clicking this topic!

- ZFD 

Just now, ZFD said:

Try to get a 3090 to run windows or an easier to run linux would probably be more applicable

Not possible, you can't run x86- or ARM-code on the GPU, not to mention all the missing hardware and all. Just no, not doable.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

@ZFDMerged to video suggestion thread.

F@H

GPD Win 2

On 3/20/2019 at 9:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Maybe a look into the lighting industry for events, the grandma 3 costs upward of £50,000 and there is some pretty impressive tech involved to run video walls and software like capture 2020

Is anyone still interested in sketchy heatsinks?

I have an idea for the sketchiest sketchy heatsinks ever. It involves water cooling.

DIY, open-source solution for homelab that replace some of expensive built-in OOB management (IPMI on Supermicro or vPro in some NUCs) features with a portable RPi. Currently the project supports KVM over IP (h264 vnc is in the work), ATX power management (basic on/off), virtual ISO to install media headless. Not a direct replacement for IPMI but not everyone needs all the sensor stats (which can be easily retrieved with software).

This should be a perfect video for Alex and Anthony.

Today I learned about a company called peplink.  They offer products and solutions for anything ranging from:

- routers combining multiple 5g links for super-fast mobile internet

- cellular routers to be used as backup routers with seamless VPN failover

- sd wan solutions

- transit routers meant for getting fast internet to truckers

It seems like a company packed filled with cool tech that I've never seen before.  I know use cases like movie production crews that want to color grade/edit on site and need super fast internet to transfer heavy video files would be great for this sort of thing.  I feel like a lot of people would think that this kind of tech is cool, and there may be quite a few who work at companies that could actually benefit from knowing about these solutions.  I'd really enjoy watching you guys do a video trying out a few of their products to see how well they work.

Their website is pretty good at showing/ explaining their products: https://www.peplink.com/

Will Thunderbolt 4 make eGPUs usable?

I have a dream in which I could plug my laptop to a single cable and use it a full fledged PC.

It would connect to a mouse and a keyboard, a couple of screens, external storage maybe, and of course a powerful GPU for gaming.

So that I can use a single device:

- Work by day: read emails, browse the web, code (work that doesn't require GPU)

- Game by night: game, edit videos etc.

But searching online (and seeing reviews even on LTT) suggests that Thunderbolt 3 eGPUs are nothing but shi**. They do not deliver the performance expected from them.

The video will discuss:

1. Why are Thunderbolt 3 eGPU cases are incapable of delivering a significant boost in performance over a PC, even for a good laptop CPU connected to a powerful eGPU.

1.a. *bonus* Benchmarking.

2. What are the differences between TB3 and TB4 and how it might be better?

3. Can you use a TB3 eGPU enclosure with a TB4 laptop?

4. Could TB4 make my dream actually come true? 

5. When can we expect to find TB4 eGPUs on the market?