Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter
7 minutes ago, Corrozus said:

Would like to suggest you take a look at the latest DJI FPV. Would like to see what you guys think.

I'm not them, but absolutely love mine 😛

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I think a great video would be on anything, but the entire video would be the quality of like the Chevy Volt intro, Model Y intro, MBX MKII intro, Windows Vista intro or the RED Camera review intro. It would be entirely serious, not even a standard logo intro. Definitely will take time, but I feel like the outcome would be amazing. In short, something like a movie. I feel like LMG has the capacity for a movie.

--Dominik W

(What else do you need, this is just a signature, plus I have them disabled 😅)

You should

1. review others PCPartPicker lists or

2. review the Source engine/Source 2 and see how it stands up to modern game engines like Unreal or Unity. Maybe even have ReShade as well?

I have a couple videos I would love to see:

1) A day in the life of Linus or Anthony - a typical day at LMG for an employee.

2) Behind the scenes - how the magic is done form concept, to writing, to making the film, editing and production. It sure looks seemless but I'm sure thier are very complex workflows involved.

Hello,

I had a couple Video Ideas.

1) Some sort of Prebuilt computer tournament, as in you get a prebuilt computer from all the major brands (origin, Ibuypower, nzxt, and so on) with all the same configurations and see how they compare based on performance, build quality, and style.

2) A video about cable (Comcast) internet, seeing if cable splitters degrade performance and possibly how many splitters it will take to degrade performance almost like the PCI-E riser video you had a little while back.

1 hour ago, Wolf20002 said:

1) Some sort of Prebuilt computer tournament, as in you get a prebuilt computer from all the major brands (origin, Ibuypower, nzxt, and so on) with all the same configurations and see how they compare based on performance, build quality, and style.

It has been done twice. Look up Secret Shopper and Secret Shopper 2.

1 hour ago, Wolf20002 said:

2) A video about cable (Comcast) internet, seeing if cable splitters degrade performance and possibly how many splitters it will take to degrade performance almost like the PCI-E riser video you had a little while back.

It's measureable (the splitters have markings saying how much dBmV they can remove), but I do like that idea.

elephants

How often do the employes of LMG change the devices they use? 

2 hours ago, FakeKGB said:

It has been done twice. Look up Secret Shopper and Secret Shopper 2.

True, but it could be an idea to do a follow up on this and the recent attempt at building spin off. Could look at the prebuilt from the context of current parts shortages and do they currently offer better value if you can't wait, and what would you need to upgrade asap in comparison to what you'd want if building your own (i.e faster ram, SSD or a PSU that won't explode)

On 3/21/2019 at 2:16 AM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Hey Review this smart coffee table for home upgrade and chill game-home environment.     https://sobrodesign.com/products/sobro-coffee-table

Hey Everyone, I just finished watching the WAN Show live and thought of an idea where Scrapyard Wars can be continue being produced. Once this whole covid gets to the point where regular guests can be on the show, What if they regularly brought on subscribers to compete for prizes.

some interesting themes could be

• Special Guests
    • Youtubers like JayzTwoCents, Hardware Canucks, Bitwit...
    • LMG Group Employees with different skills, business, computers, workshop, personality
  • Expand to setups, which can include speakers, tvs, stereo systems

2 minutes ago, mitchell709 said:

Hey Everyone, I just finished watching the WAN Show live and thought of an idea where Scrapyard Wars can be continue being produced. Once this whole covid gets to the point where regular guests can be on the show, What if they regularly brought on subscribers to compete for prizes.

some interesting themes could be

• Special Guests
    • Youtubers like JayzTwoCents, Hardware Canucks, Bitwit...
    • LMG Group Employees with different skills, business, computers, workshop, personality
  • Expand to setups, which can include speakers, tvs, stereo systems

#1 already been done in S3-6, S8 is with all LMG employee team.

#2 is at S8 as well.

Also, suggestion thread is over here:

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

it might take a few years because graphics cards will be in short supply for a few more years

Tbh, the series kinda felt stale to me. Maybe it's time to euthanize it.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

Do extreme pc cooling measures because I spend my summers in AZ and it’s got up to 127f and I want to have a pc out there but I don’t want an eternally overheating pc

With the current GPU shortage, how about some humour?

LN2 Cooling a GT 1030 to see just how far you can push it.

Cheeseburger cooling a GT 710 to see if it can beat older internal graphics.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

On 3/20/2019 at 9:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Hey was thinking how about a website review. www.versus.com do a comparison of different tech and always wanted to know how accurate what they said about the tech was. Was wondering if Linus Tech Tips could review some of their reviews and let us know how reliable the information actually is. 

So I was thinking.... I'd like to see Linus's reaction if someone played a certain prank on him. 🙂
(Was debating whether to post a status update, since I think it'd be a pretty short video like maybe 1 or 2 minutes, or here, cause I would be interested in seeing a video of it....)

One of the LMG staff is at Linus's PC, and doing some file copies of some really important stuff, while Linus is watching.  (I'm thinking at least a few hundred GB or more)
(BTW the copy is to / from a 3.5" hard drive, not an SSD.)
While in the middle of the copy, they knock the hard drive face-down onto the concrete floor.
(At this point I imagine Linus's eyes going wide and him starting to panic, etc.....)
Drive slams into floor, cables still attached, camera cuts to the computer screen --- and the data is still copying as if nothing had happened.
(Now, I imagine Linus getting shocked) .... "Wait?  It's still copying?  After you dropped a HARD DRIVE?!?"
Then, while it's STILL copying, the other LMG staff (who had started the copy, and/or who had dropped the HDD, if multiple people are involved), cracks open the hard drive....

and it turns out that someone had taken the guts OUT of the hard drive, and put an SSD in there, modded the controller to make it perform like a hard drive (and give it the same model & serial # of the hard drive if that's possible), and put weights in the HDD case to make it feel as heavy as a hard drive.

😄

I posted on the Corridor Crew video where they used the old Mac with Photoshop 1 on it, but I'll reiterate here:

Next collab with CC: They have to make a hacking scene that is both realistic and not completely boring. Linus judges it for both accuracy, and for enjoyment and engagement. Commenters have said Anthony should be CC's advisor, and I like this idea. We've all seen the cheesy hacking scenes, and some more plausible, but not many have been both seriously accurate and exciting to watch.

Channel Superfun - Hellcat burnouts in the workshop and timing how long it takes Linus to arrive. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Would love a video explaining immersive cooling and the different kinds of immersive cooling

Please keep in mind:

I may be stupid.

Finding a cooling solution (that doesn't require water cooling) for video cards that have historically run insanely hot.

(The old GTX 295 IIRC was impossible to keep cool, the AMD Radeon Pro WX line, etc)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I really enjoyed the Ultimate Tech Support Challenge and wanted to make a suggestion how about putting a select few viewers through a similar scenario to see just how much they learn from the content you release !!!

Let me Know your thoughts :) 

Do more guides, kind of like what Anthony did with the RGB guide, but instead of building a pc from scratch, focus more on upgrades.

Upgrading your NVMe boot drive, here’s how.

How to upgrade your ram (I have basic ram, but want rgb - where do I start, what do I look for?)

Guides for must have software.

Etc

Linus mentioned it in a recent WAN show - a lot of people know this stuff and sometimes assume everyone knows this stuff... but some people are just getting started and can be turned off by the arrogant attitude some people have.
I bought a pre-built rig because it was the only way to get all of the parts under a certain price point, but that means I’m now looking ahead to try and upgrade or beautify my rig beyond what the manufacturer has done and there isn’t a ton of info that is easily digestible.

I enjoyed watching this video, however, it could have been nice that the results were shown as text while you were talking.
https://www.facebook.com/LinusTech/videos/1007449806325755

Decay test
I would like you to set up both computers to run benchmark tests every day. The point would be to see how 10 to 12 hours of gaming a day will affect the performance of computers over 1, 2 and 3 years.