No, flying cars are not airplanes

_princess_

Lets break it down to the basic truths.

Flying cars are not airplanes.

Airplanes have low level of mobility and are generally suited for long distance travel, with coordinated and long wait times due to congestion, flying cars on the other hand would have high mobility, the ability to rotate on a point, fast local transportation and low levels of congested traffic.

Also Elon did not say flying cars are airplanes, since Elon is perfection, probably only the narrator actually said this.

Now you're in for it.

DiKmPSMUwAAreKD.jpg

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 minutes ago, _princess_ said:

Airplanes have low level of mobility and are generally suited for long distance travel, with coordinated and long wait times due to congestion, flying cars on the other hand would have high mobility, the ability to rotate on a point, fast local transportation and low levels of congested traffic.

You're speaking as if flying cars were a thing already and had any sort of a standardized design. They aren't a thing and there is no standardized design, so you can't just claim that they have this feature or that feature. They MAY have those, but whether flying cars will even become a thing is yet to be proven.

Secondly, you're conflating airplanes with airlines; two different things.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

31 minutes ago, _princess_ said:

What defines "long distance" travel? Further than you can walk in a day? Ride a horse? Drive a car?
There was a time when 25 miles was "long distance".
There was a time when 100 miles was "long distance".
There's people in the world that can drive for two hours and drive through multiple different countries.
Due to traffic, It can (not infrequently) take me two hours to get to the heart of Los Angeles. I can get to the US/Mexico border in under that, however. Los Angeles is not a long distance drive for me. A trip to the border is not a long distance drive for me. To someone else, two hours may be among the longest distance they've every driven. Further more, what is "local" transportation. To the supermarket? Your Grandmother's house? the closest nearby metropolitan? Within your state? Within your country?

Airplanes, aircraft of any kind, for that matter do not have congestion in the exact same way that cars do not have congestion. Roadways, flight paths, destinations and departure points have congestion.

There's aircraft that are considered to be airplanes that have the ability to take off and land vertically, as well as rotate on point. VTOL; V-22, multiple generations and designations of Harrier fighters, and the XV-15 being the most well known.

As @WereCatf has said, There is no standard for "flying cars" they're a high level pipe dream right now. Your stance takes heavily from the position of airlines, airports, air traffic control, not what does and does not make an airplane an airplane. They don't exist in any meaningful quantity that can establish and define a standard. They don't have an "average" fuel economy, and thusly flight distance. They don't' have congestion, as there's not enough of them to cause congestion. For that matter, they have very few departure points, and even fewer destinations.

Your stance is no more correct nor incorrect than his.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

well I hate the guy as much as everyone else, but a broken clock is right once a day (depending on your time format even twice a day) and, well, "flying cars"  *are* airplanes. 🤷🏼

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Indeed they are not, and the Sun is hot, what else is new? The analogy is fine though. Even if we got literal flying cars we'd likely have infrastructure very similar to our driving cars right now to prevent chaos from ensuing.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

If flying cars aren't airplanes they why TF do you need a pilot's license to operate one in flying mode? Oh thats why, BECAUSE ITS A FUCKING AIRPLANE!!

Below is the specs for Terrafugia flying car for reference.

Untitled.png.c558ec5c14ed588630e92e627005077b.png

This is laughably dumb. Having been in the industry and working on propellers for flying cars, yes they are airplanes and nothing you said makes any sense. There's a lot more to airplanes than 737s.

At absolute best they would be single or two passenger VTOLs, and yes, they'd still be airplanes. Maybe helicopters if you want to stretch it. The classic idea of flying cars, and the ones currently in "production" are literally slapping wings and a prop on a car and you need to have a pilots license to fly and still have to call in with the FAA and ATC.

#Muricaparrotgang

And helicopters are not airplanes.

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDBJMle_kDR1B5mCv942i

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMSJzD_9vH84klPMdw-Pa

Oh wait...

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Okay, but is this an airplane?

Image result for oppressor mkII

(Technically, yes?)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 hours ago, airborne spoon said:

If flying cars aren't airplanes they why TF do you need a pilot's license to operate one in flying mode? Oh thats why, BECAUSE ITS A FUCKING AIRPLANE!!

Below is the specs for Terrafugia flying car for reference.

Technically if it doesn't have wings it's an aircraft. Helicopters aren't airplanes and still require a pilot's license 😛 An airplane is defined as

A powered flying vehicle with fixed wings and a weight greater than that of the air it displaces.

whereas an aircraft can be anything

An aeroplane, helicopter, or other machine capable of flight.

(according to oxford english dictionary)

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

This is not something that would fly as depicted, so no :old-tongue:

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

A plane is not a flying car.

A helicopter is 😛

@TVwazherequote isn't working, that looks exactly like half of a racing pod with a seat strapped on it

Star Wars: Pod Racer Ambient Engine Sound For 12 Hours ...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Definition of an Airplane:

An airplane or aeroplane (informally plane) is a powered, fixed-wing aircraft that is propelled forward by thrust from a jet engine, propeller or rocket engine. Airplanes come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and wing configurations. The broad spectrum of uses for airplanes includes recreation, transportation of goods and people, military, and research. Worldwide, commercial aviation transports more than four billion passengers annually on airliners[1] and transports more than 200 billion tonne-kilometers[2] of cargo annually, which is less than 1% of the world's cargo movement.[3] Most airplanes are flown by a pilot on board the aircraft, but some are designed to be remotely or computer-controlled such as drones.

Definition of a Flying Car:

A flying car is a type of personal air vehicle or roadable aircraft that provides door-to-door transportation by both ground and air. The term "flying car" is also sometimes used to include hovercars.

Yeah, I'm siding with the billionaire who has or is continuing to revolutionise space travel, electrical vehicles, global telecommunications, tunnel transportation, digital electronic payments and solar panel deployment over some internet nobodies.

The guys a genius, I don't care for interrogating his personal life, you don't become that successful by being boring and normal. Dude is ruthless and good on him for it. The world is too soft, we need more maveriks to challenge and push things.

Also flying cars is f***ing dumb and an absolute waste of time.

15 hours ago, Sauron said:

@TVwazherequote isn't working, that looks exactly like half of a racing pod with a seat strapped on it

It's the Oppressor MKII from GTAV. Comes complete with missiles too!

15 hours ago, Kilrah said:

This is not something that would fly as depicted, so no :old-tongue:

Eh, we'll iron out the details later 😉 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

They kinda are

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

All this arguing about airplanes being flying cars or not, no one asks:

Why does everyone listen to Elon Musk at this point?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I once heard someone claim we already have flying cars. We move our cars in three dimensions via tunnels and overpasses.

15 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

It's the Oppressor MKII from GTAV. Comes complete with missiles too!

Eh, we'll iron out the details later 😉 

So not real life velhical but a mock up instead.

Flying cars would be a type of aircraft, thus regulated by the FAA when airborne. They are not airplanes, but aircraft. At this point in time, they would be considered experimental aircraft.

On 2/4/2021 at 7:18 AM, _princess_ said:

Lets break it down to the basic truths.

Dont get confused by words/names and how you have been introduced to them e.g Car used to mean a wooden box with wheels pulled by a horse... 

You should ask yourself what is an airplane? (also btw that is the whole premise of the video you linked is about  thinking of the basic ideas instead of holding on what you know from your past) 

It is a metal contraption that people sit in and fly in order to go from point A to point B

What is a flying car? It is a metal contraption that people sit in and fly in order to go from point A to point B

So flying cars are airplanes. 

You might say yes but a flying car can just go from point A to point B using only its wheels without actually flying.

Well an airplane can do the same it is just less efficient (as the flying car is less efficient in flying compared to an airplane further more added/different functionality doesnt change the basic idea, seaplanes can float on water for example while "regular" planes cant, doesn't mean that seaplanes arent airplanes) 

On 2/4/2021 at 11:58 PM, TVwazhere said:

Image result for oppressor mkII

(Technically, yes?)

I wonder how that would not destroy its fins/legs since they dont have any wheels + it doesnt have any sort of jet engine for vertical ascension (to mitigate the lack of wheels) 

Also how can it have a piston and a shaft while it is clearly a jet engine lol 

Rockstar has lost its creativity 😛

Another difference is, I wouldn't trust anyone behind the "wheel" of a flying car if it didn't 100% fly by itself without any input front the dumb monkey sitting between the front glass window and the seat. We are likely a good decade or two away from "flying cars" to be a thing.

Also, considering we've seen some prototype basically take off and land the same way airplanes do... They aren't that much different from a regular tiny plane. Not all flying car prototype are the helicopter/vtol type.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

Another difference is, I wouldn't trust anyone behind the "wheel" of a flying car if it didn't 100% fly by itself without any input front the dumb monkey sitting between the front glass window and the seat.

Would you purchase an airticket?  

1 hour ago, SGT-AMD said:

That means that you are trusting the monkey at the airport to fly it. Personally, I would rather have a professional in the monkeys seat any day.

Of course I'm trusting the monkey at the airport to fly it. They were trained for it. They are licensed for it.
But the regular Joe and Jane's who barely remembers their driving lessons ? I wouldn't trust them with a flying coffin. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro