Playing Cyberpunk 2077 isn’t going well for last gen console owners

Jet_ski

Summary

Right now PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox Series S, and Xbox One are all trending on Twitter because Cyberpunk 2077 which was supposed to run well on those consoles is looking really bad like GTA 3 level of graphics. According to various articles and people, the game is locked at 30fps and 720p resolution. Textures are also bad and the game loading times are longer. People report strange visual artifact too. Many are upset because supposedly they thought the game was designed to run on those consoles with better quality than this! And the memes are rolling in.

Quotes

My thoughts

I’m sure most people here aren’t surprised that a last gen console won’t measure up to a new one. But this is the issue with how the game developers market games as well as the console marketing. Just because it runs, it doesn’t mean it runs well. Clearly the average user needs some education on this! @ LTT video ideas.

Sources

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2020/12/10/a-warning-about-cyberpunk-2077-on-ps4-and-xbox-one/amp/

4 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

People seriously believe last gen console is going to smoothly run a next gen title at good visual quality? LMAO

Yeah, people want the top end console from previous gen to look better then the top enf from the gen before it. Weird!!

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

People seriously believe last gen console is going to smoothly run a next gen title at good visual quality? LMAO

4 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Yeah, people want the top end console from previous gen to look better then the top enf from the gen before it. Weird!!

3 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

wHY caNt mY Geeeemcube plAY CYBAPUNK?! OMG CDPR SO BAD

This is a last gen game. They haven't even released a next gen version yet AFAIK. Supposedly said next gen version is supposed to come out some time next year.

Beyond that, the game was supposed to be released back in April, before the new consoles were even released.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

4 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

Beyond that, the game was supposed to be released back in April, before the new consoles were even released.

Playstation 4 came in out in 2013. Doesn't matter if the game would've been released in April or not. 7 years are 7 years. And old garbage is old garbage.

LMAO 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

1 minute ago, Senzelian said:

Playstation 4 came in out in 2013. Doesn't matter if the game would've been released in April or not. 7 years are 7 years. And old garbage is old garbage.

ANd the ps4 pro came out in 2016. 4 years. A 4 year old pc could do fine on 2077 (a 6700k and 1080 machine)

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Senzelian said:

Eh, your opinion of hardware is hardly relevant. I was correcting the misinformation, you're trying to deflect for some weird reason. I have no interest in debating console capabilities.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

Last gen struggled with 1080p 60 even at launch...

still, a few more months in the oven wouldn't have hurt cyberpunk.

Also maybe don't sell it for those consoles if it's not going to run well...? It's a bit of a scam if it's unplayable and it's extra work for already overworked employees.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

21 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

ANd the ps4 pro came out in 2016. 4 years. A 4 year old pc could do fine on 2077 (a 6700k and 1080 machine)

The PS4 Pro didn't use a brand new architecture like Nvidia's 10-series. Pascal was also a rather large step for NVidia.

Also I was talking about the PS4, not the Pro. So eh?

21 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

Eh, your opinion of hardware is hardly relevant. I was correcting the misinformation, you're trying to deflect for some weird reason. I have no interest in debating console capabilities.

You took my first comment as credible information that needed to be corrected? Wow... Not sure if I should feel honored or deeply saddened.

The argument  that the last gen consoles are old and last gen is irrelevant. it was allways going to be released on them, and was intended to be released on them before the new consoles would have been available. As such it should not run like crap. If you release it on a platform it should work on that platform.

14 minutes ago, CarlBar said:

The argument  that the last gen consoles are old and last gen is irrelevant. it was allways going to be released on them, and was intended to be released on them before the new consoles would have been available. As such it should not run like crap. If you release it on a platform it should work on that platform.

It works, just not as well as newer hardware.

Just now, Lord Vile said:

720p30 is nothing new to those consoles 

1080p@30 medium setting is also where CDPR have put the "recommended hardware" to run at

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I don't know about you guys, but the Forbes link in OP's post. Its webpage background is just as bad as the graphics for CP2077 on consoles. What's with the Windows Me like theme and Power Rangers in the background. xD

Source link from OP

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2020/12/10/a-warning-about-cyberpunk-2077-on-ps4-and-xbox-one/amp/

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Will Crowbcat make his glorious return?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Arika S said:

1080p@30 medium setting is also where CDPR have put the "recommended hardware" to run at

Weird place to put it at, PC normally is a 60 or die realm. Maybe 900p or 720p60 should be the reccomended.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

I mean, it sucks I guess it will get fixed. But I've seen some comments, people expected some big graphics upgrade on those weak consoles, what a joke. Then again, I was shocked once it was revealed that game will even be on older consoles. Would made much more sense to release for next gen consoles and PC that's it.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Some big titles didn't even get 60 FPS at 1080P on the last gen consoles too lol. Destiny 2 ran was locked at 30 FPS on the PS4. Which is surprising considering games like Gran Turismo 5 ran at 60, dipping down to 40 at 1080P. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Honestly tho, not surprised. The minimum specs call for a GTX 780 right? These consoles roughly match a GTX 660 Ti or 680 if I'm not mistaken. (I might be mistaken tho, I've heard a lot of conflicting info on this)

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

not a surprise. there isn't enough GPU power and ram for something better than 720p 30 on the OG and for 1080p30/900p 60 on the upgraded

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

It having problems on the PS5, Xbox series x/s is odd, but with the shitty Jaguar based APU+8GB (12GB XboneX) shared RAM+very slow HDD I'm not surprised.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Damn, RenderWare 3.6 has come a long way since Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Burnout 3.

Oh, who the fuck am I kidding, The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie game looks better than this.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.