Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Meh.  Just a baby.  My first console was pong.

why did you qoute me?

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 hour ago, Derkoli said:

Some "high-end" cars can be good financial decisions.

True.  Two ways to do that:  a car that has a high up front cost but relatively low cost per mile, which means it has to be both fuel efficient and last a long time.  Tesla S did that as did some 80’s mercedeses.  The other way to do it is buy a car that appreciates in value. There are some classics and HyperCars that do that one.  Requires special contacts and intimate knowledge of the market though. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, sub68 said:

why did you qoute me?

Could have been a misquote.  Intent was to quote the guy who said this thread made him feel old because he grew up with sega and Nintendo

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Could have been a misquote.  Intent was to quote the guy who said this thread made him feel old because he grew up with sega and Nintendo

I'm old, but at least I know how to quote people 😄

Just kidding BTW, but yeah, it's just funny to hear people talk about old tech, and realize they're talking about stuff that's 4-5 generations older than the stuff you had 😉

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

10 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

I mean, the Switch and PS4 both sold/selling like hotcakes so like??

fair,.....

12 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

That wasn't my point, but sure.  

ok

12 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

That's a generalization I wasn't trying to make

yeah I am just trying to say advocacy groups try to change media for there needs

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

I'm old, but at least I know how to quote people 😄

Just kidding BTW, but yeah, it's just funny to hear people talk about old tech, and realize they're talking about stuff that's 4-5 generations older than the stuff you had 😉

If I had the ability to erase it would probably be gone.  It happens sometimes.  People misquote, people get misquoted.  I’m sure it will happen even more as I get even older.  Decrepitude happens to everyone though.  There’s an argument that part of the fun of grandkids is to spoil them and cause grief to the parents in return for the grief they caused when they were kids.  I kinda wonder how long that dung ball has been rolling for.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

If I had the ability to erase it would probably be gone.  It happens sometimes.  People misquote, people get misquoted.  I’m sure it will happen even more as I get even older.  Decrepitude happens to everyone though.  

I know, like I said, was just kidding. Shit happens, like they say. A misquote is nothing, I've left lock messages without locking the thread a few times 😄

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

There’s an argument that part of the fun of grandkids is to spoil them and cause grief to the parents in return for the grief they caused when they were kids.  I kinda wonder how long that dung ball has been rolling for.

Yeah, I'm there, the in-laws have been stuck with us since the pandemic started, it's triggering to see them spoil my kid when we (wife and I) just said no ... 😛

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

I know, like I said, was just kidding. Shit happens, like they say. A misquote is nothing, I've left lock messages without locking the thread a few times 😄

Yeah, I'm there, the in-laws have been stuck with us since the pandemic started, it's triggering to see them spoil my kid when we (wife and I) just said no ... 😛

Your wife used to be their baby.  Who knows what crap she pulled when she was 7?  One day it will be your turn.

Edited by Bombastinator

My unpopular opinion:

The entire world should disband their military and divert their military funds to space exploration and researching technologies to immortality. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

53 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

/MM/DD/YYYY

Should be illegal

no

image.png.dad3a34dea3027bf12456563219d6484.png

2 minutes ago, wasab said:

My unpopular opinion:

The entire world should disband their military and divert their military funds to space exploration and researching technologies to immortality. 

I find it funny your using a penguin army pfp

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

5 minutes ago, SeanChronicR said:

PICKLES DO NOT BELONG ON CHICKEN SANDWICHES 

I can agree

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

9 minutes ago, SeanChronicR said:

PICKLES DO NOT BELONG ON CHICKEN SANDWICHES 

Pickles belong on everything.

31 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Finally, a man of culture.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

That might think will be less popular than the other opinion

5 hours ago, sub68 said:

no

image.png.dad3a34dea3027bf12456563219d6484.png

I find it funny your using a penguin army pfp

It’s a convention difference between some countries and other countries.  Like which side of the road one drives on

If you're going to post an unpopular opinion, you have to honour the ancient and sacred traditions.

1440pointles.jpeg

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Nickleback.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

14 minutes ago, YellowJersey said:

If you're going to post an unpopular opinion, you have to honour the ancient and sacred traditions.

1440pointles.jpeg

I agree to a point.  My memory is that it was said that increased resolution makes more sense as screen size increases.  The breakpoint where 4k stared to make more sense than 1440p was like 100” or something.  Not sure why that number was picked.

Anything that requires a spoon to eat is not a food.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

8 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

/MM/DD/YYYY

Should be illegal

I see why DD/MM/YYYY or even YYYY/MM/DD makes more sense, but I don't see people that don't already use that format switching to it. It's similar to the imperial units vs metric units, just because metric units make more sense and are generally easier to use and work with, people don't like change and will continue using what they have been using their whole life. 

1 hour ago, YellowJersey said:

Spoiler

1440pointles.jpeg

I don't think 4k is pointless in all cases, for example there are many situations where depending on how your TV setup looks like (mainly location and viewing distance), 4K for a TV is a noticeable improvement and will make for a better viewing experience. For something like laptops though, yeah 4k is probably useless. 

48 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Nickleback.

Yep, I don't see why people chose Nickleback as the one to get all the hate. While I only like one or two of their songs, I think there are other bands and artists that are far more deserving of hate*.

*Hate is more strong of a word than I meant, but for some reason I couldn't think of a better word right now. 

28 minutes ago, Sarra said:

Anything that requires a spoon to eat is not a food.

While technically nothing requires a spoon, would you not consider soup a food then?

1 minute ago, The_russian said:

While technically nothing requires a spoon, would you not consider soup a food then?

Only if I can't eat it with a fork.

I can, and almost always do, eat ice cream without a spoon.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

That older laptops (2012-2013) are better than new laptops.

Newer laptops have less cooling performance (thinner heatsinks,quieter fans) and their upgradability is almost non-existent (no socketed CPUs,in a lot of laptops the RAM is soldered as well).

Also their batteries swell (lack of a hard case) and can easily pop the track pad off.

Their IO is almost non existent,only 2 USB ports?,really? (In older ones the standard was 4 USB ports,a SD card reader,Ethernet,ExpressCard which is basically PCI-E and a CD drive)

And removable batteries are great.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

10 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

/MM/DD/YYYY

Should be illegal

9 hours ago, sub68 said:

no

Which leads me to another unpopular opinion. The best way to show the date is YYYY/MM/DD. I never use it, though, because most other people don't like it.

MM/DD/YYYY is a bit odd but if it's what you're used to then fine. In international places - such as web forums - I really think dates should be either localised where possible (such as post timestamps) and then anything which can't be localised (such as the contents of people's actual posts)  you should write out the date in words - such as "March 20th 2020" - which is entirely unambiguous to English speakers (and most people on English forums either speak english or use a translator anyway)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.