Headset suggestions

MyLittleFella

Hello guys!

So, a local hardwareshop is offering some good discounts at those products:

- Razer Kraken V3 HyperSense

- Logitech G635

- Logitech G935

I currently own a G635 which I bought back in 2019, never gave me a single issue 'till now, but the earpads are very worn out and It's failing sometimes, no warranty anymore. I'd buy the G635 again but both Razer and the Wireless Logi seem so good, I've had a Kraken USB 7.1 Chroma back in 2017 and the bass was so loud (which is amazing IMO)...

Any suggestions?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.6GHz (single core boost) | 5.4GHz (all cores); Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair Hero X670E; RAM: Team Group T-Force 2x16GB (32GB) DDR5 @ 6000MHz CL38; GPU: RTX 4080 - ZOTAC GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO; Case: NZXT H7 Flow; Storage: Kingston KC3000 1TB + Adata Legend 900 2TB; Cooling: Cooler Master PL360; PSU: Corsair HX 1200

54 minutes ago, MyLittleFella said:

Hello guys!

So, a local hardwareshop is offering some good discounts at those products:

- Razer Kraken V3 HyperSense

- Logitech G635

- Logitech G935

I currently own a G635 which I bought back in 2019, never gave me a single issue 'till now, but the earpads are very worn out and It's failing sometimes, no warranty anymore. I'd buy the G635 again but both Razer and the Wireless Logi seem so good, I've had a Kraken USB 7.1 Chroma back in 2017 and the bass was so loud (which is amazing IMO)...

Any suggestions?

Skip the gaming headset and get proper audio headphones.

3 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

OP specifically mentioned he loved the bass on his Razer headphones. Pretty sure he does not want proper audio lol

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

5 hours ago, OddOod said:

Have you looked at replacements? If you like the headset, cups are cheap
https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Cushions-Compatible-Logitech-Wireless/dp/B08F3F2NJM

I have, I'm on my 2nd replacement already, they're good, but the audio is failing now, so I need a new one (already tried different USB ports and cable).

5 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Such as?

2 hours ago, saintlouisbagels said:

OP specifically mentioned he loved the bass on his Razer headphones. Pretty sure he does not want proper audio lol

Exactly! 🤣

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.6GHz (single core boost) | 5.4GHz (all cores); Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair Hero X670E; RAM: Team Group T-Force 2x16GB (32GB) DDR5 @ 6000MHz CL38; GPU: RTX 4080 - ZOTAC GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO; Case: NZXT H7 Flow; Storage: Kingston KC3000 1TB + Adata Legend 900 2TB; Cooling: Cooler Master PL360; PSU: Corsair HX 1200

11 minutes ago, MyLittleFella said:

the audio is failing now

dang, is that in warranty? that's a FAST death

12 minutes ago, MyLittleFella said:

Exactly

Never be ashamed of revelling in trash. We all have something trash we eenjoy. Sing it loud and sing it proud.
Me? I'm in the trash headphones club too. I play competitive shooters with Bluetooth Headphones. Because I like the noise cancelling (Sony XM4s) . Admittedly I have a 100$ mic on a 100$ arm with a 100$ interface so I'm not slummin it in the voice department, but I use absolute trash audio. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

4 minutes ago, OddOod said:

dang, is that in warranty? that's a FAST death

Well, I got the Headset in 2019, so warranty expired in 2021, the first time I had to change cushions was by 2022 and last January, but now the audio is just failing, so that's why I need a new one. It's okay tho, 5 year run it's a good run.

4 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Never be ashamed of revelling in trash. We all have something trash we eenjoy. Sing it loud and sing it proud.
Me? I'm in the trash headphones club too. I play competitive shooters with Bluetooth Headphones. Because I like the noise cancelling (Sony XM4s) . Admittedly I have a 100$ mic on a 100$ arm with a 100$ interface so I'm not slummin it in the voice department, but I use absolute trash audio. 

lmao 🤣 I actually digged the G635, from all of the shitboxes I owned previously that's the best of 'em, trust me lol

1 hour ago, MyLittleFella said:

Such as?

What's the budget?