Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
5 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Arctic Silver 5 smells tastes better than Arctic MX-4.

Fixed it for you.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Fixed it for you.

There’s a question: could you con GN tech Jesus into tasting thermal pastes by wondering which tastes better.  He might already know.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

There’s a question: could you con GN tech Jesus into tasting thermal pastes by wondering which tastes better.  He might already know.

See, here's the problem. He doesn't taste. He would just feel the W/mK value of different pastes.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, duncannah said:

Corn (and black olive) on pizza is delicious.

I will support black olive

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

It's nice to have AI in everything, but it will be our doom and nothing is going to stop them!

Any PC OEM still selling a laptop with mechanical hard drives and a pathetic 4GB memory, regardless of the price should be fined, shamed, and such practice should be made illegal! 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

34 minutes ago, Benji said:

Although I've recently seen a test on Notebookcheck (although it's older than one year) for the Ice Lake Dell XPS 13 convertible with the Core i3-1005G1 and 4GB of RAM.

• Dell bloatware that most users won't bother to uninstall
  • Windows 10's background tasks consuming at least 3 GB RAM
  • soldered 4GB RAM

Yeah it'll be an agonizing experience

51 minutes ago, Benji said:

Are there even devices like that in new? I haven't seen them in a long time.

Microsoft is selling a Surface Laptop Go with 4GB RAM and 64GB eMMC for $550. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/surface-laptop-go/94fc0bdgq7wv?activetab=pivot:techspecstab

Somehow Microsoft thought that Windows 10 is as light as iPadOS, not factoring that iPadOS is at least 7GB whereas Windows 10 is 20GB.

image.png.f7e9e4fd5e192acaaaa5928141e9417c.png

IMG_1889.jpg

Edited by captain_to_fire

My opinion related to this is that mechanical hard drives in laptops just need to die as a concept. As does booting off an HDD in desktops.

Basic SSDs aren't even that much more expensive than hard drives now.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Just now, captain_to_fire said:

64GB SSD

Sure you're not missing a zero there?

Seriously, that's Chromebook levels of storage, on a lower midrange Windows machine. Good luck installing any software on it and still having room to save your work...

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Just now, pythonmegapixel said:

Sure you're not missing a zero there?

nope, it's in Microsoft's spec sheet and it's not even a SSD

image.thumb.png.60c6602e47526ab6b49a0d06d92e8e56.png

8 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

image.thumb.png.60c6602e47526ab6b49a0d06d92e8e56.png

White Guy Blinking GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

It's 2021, what a world we live in

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

On 9/13/2020 at 5:31 PM, pythonmegapixel said:

Thought it would be nice to have a thread to share those opinions we all have which, while somewhat trivial, aren't popular. You know the kind of things.

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD COMPLIANT WITH THE FORUM RULES!!! You might well have an unpopular opinion which is political, discriminatory, or otherwise unfit for the forum, but to avoid ruining it for anybody else, please refrain from posting them here, thanks!

I'll start with an example. I believe that ice cream is better if it is allowed to melt for a short time before eating.

Cool Coca-Cola is suprerior to cold Coca-Cola, and mobile games are the best time-killers.

2 minutes ago, axulurion said:

Cool Coca-Cola is suprerior to cold Coca-Cola, and mobile games are the best time-killers.

Coca-Cola disagrees to the point that they actually landed Coca Cola salesmen with ice chests during world war2.  I’m not sure why.  I suspect testing was done.  Pepsi is better than coke if both are warm.  This was one of the secrets of the long running “Pepsi challenge” marketing campaign from years back.

Instant coffee actually doesn't taste that bad.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 hour ago, Mister Woof said:

Instant coffee actually doesn't taste that bad.

What Brand? Have you ever enjoyed real coffee before?

4 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

1. Any brand really. It's all good enough...if you're thirsty for it enough.

2. Yes, but I worked in prisons for years so I got used to the cheapest shit on earth. Is good coffee still good? Absolutely. Am I down for a cup of MRE light roast? You betcha.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

5 minutes ago, s3riouscat said:

Gamer community is way more toxic and entitled than the miner community. (Probably no surprise to anyone who's played PVP online games for any length of time.) 

Truer words have never been spoken.

elephants

1 hour ago, whm1974 said:

It’s different. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I’m reminded of that Hershey’s vs all other chocolate brands thing.  Hershey’s chocolate has an acid in it that used to be used to stabilize the milk in milk chocolate.  It gives it a specific, and to some, awful taste. Some peopl actually learned to prefer the presence of that acid though, so even though it’s no longer used for its original purpose it’s still added.  With instant coffee it’s sort of the same but opposite.  Instant coffee lacks a few chemicals that brewed coffee has.  Myself I can barely tell the difference between chocolates so I don’t much care. This may be the same situation.  

55 minutes ago, s3riouscat said:

Gamer community is way more toxic and entitled than the miner community. (Probably no surprise to anyone who's played PVP online games for any length of time.) 

Each has their issues.  I feel they’re both that way.  In different ways perhaps.  As for Myself I feel any group that uses “lambo” as an adjective is not healthy. 

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Each has their issues.  I feel they’re both that way.  In different ways perhaps.  As for Myself I feel any group that uses “lambo” as an adjective is not healthy. 

Both communities suffer horribly from gate-keeping. You're not a REAL gamer unless you this or you're not a real gamer if you don't that. Mining community seems like it can be that way too, sometimes just trying to google some simple questions hits a dumb brick wall of knowledge and terminology that's hard to crack into. Luckily I've been lucky to just STAY THE F AWAY from both communities and just do stuff on my own.

I love old games, I like them better than new games. New games are too competitive and multiplayer. I just want to play with myself all day.

1 hour ago, Mister Woof said:

1. Any brand really. It's all good enough...if you're thirsty for it enough.

2. Yes, but I worked in prisons for years so I got used to the cheapest shit on earth. Is good coffee still good? Absolutely. Am I down for a cup of MRE light roast? You betcha.

I can imagine that MRE Light Roast is a Major Improvement over anything served in American Prisons.

7 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

I can imagine that MRE Light Roast is a Major Improvement over anything served in American Prisons.

lol well it isn't actually that bad. But like I said, it depends how thirsty you are.