I've recently build a new PC.

Specs:
CPU - Ryzen 5 7600x 
GPU - MSI Gaming Z Trio RTX 3080
MOTHERBOARD - MSI B650 gaming plus wifi 
RAM - 32gb DDR5 corsair 
PSU - 750W corsair 
SSD - Samsung 980pro 

For a while I couldn't get any display output with the gpu installed at all, but as soon as I disconnected the GPU and plugged into the motherboard the pc would start fine. I've since got it to display occasionally by disconnecting the CMOS battery and draining the power. Now I can get into the BIOS occasionally and sometimes get logged in. But when I do manage to get in, most of the time the GPU doesn't show up in task manager but then does other times. Once I'm logged in I then go to update my drivers and then the cycle begins of me not being able to log in or get a display. And ontop of this sometimes it works fine but then I restart it and it doesn't work at all. Please help😅

I've updated the BIOS to the latest version but my GPU drivers are out of date. However as stated when I go to updated them it crashes and won't display untill I re-wipe the bios by draining the board.

try putting it in the second slot if re-seating doesn't help. if that doesn't work, do you have access to another pc you can test your gpu in?