COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul

Just saw the news. Sorry and good luck Canada. It had to happen eventually..

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

https://apnews.com/article/business-health-coronavirus-pandemic-coronavirus-vaccine-fe8ecebb3b61c7d3ee8ed4225500cb0e

That's pretty stupid. 

Also it shows that Murica has decentralized healthcare, over here they scanned my card like 3-4 times. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

9 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

Just saw the news. Sorry and good luck Canada. It had to happen eventually..

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid

The evidence is pretty clear and only getting clearer, people who are fully vaccinated are at VERY little risk from COVID. Here in the UK ~80% of our population have had both shots, in our recent "third wave" daily infection numbers went up pretty significantly while hospitalisations remained almost stagnant. Only yesterday I saw a report that said over 70% of the people currently in hospital in the UK are unvaccinated and only something like 5% are people who had both jabs, the rest are a mix of people who only received one or elderly who are pretty seriously ill.

We cannot stay locked down forever and we have to get used to COVID, just like we did the flu.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

The evidence is pretty clear and only getting clearer, people who are fully vaccinated are at VERY little risk from COVID. Here in the UK ~80% of our population have had both shots, in our recent "third wave" daily infection numbers went up pretty significantly while hospitalisations remained almost stagnant. Only yesterday I saw a report that said over 70% of the people currently in hospital in the UK are unvaccinated and only something like 5% are people who had both jabs, the rest are a mix of people who only received one or elderly who are pretty seriously ill.

We cannot stay locked down forever and we have to get used to COVID, just like we did the flu.

Dang 80% double-shot is great. Here in the Netherlands it's only 59% single and 40% double of the total population (85% single shot for 18+). I just read about another study the other day that unvaccinated people who recovered from COVID-19 are still over twice as likely to get reinfected compared to vaccinated people. You'll always have vaccinated people ending up in the hospital as well, because that's unfortunately just how statistics work. As you say they also work the other way around that thanks to the vaccine hospitalisations will be drastically reduced.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

27 minutes ago, tikker said:

Dang 80% double-shot is great. Here in the Netherlands it's only 59% single and 40% double of the total population (85% single shot for 18+). I just read about another study the other day that unvaccinated people who recovered from COVID-19 are still over twice as likely to get reinfected compared to vaccinated people. You'll always have vaccinated people ending up in the hospital as well, because that's unfortunately just how statistics work. As you say they also work the other way around that thanks to the vaccine hospitalisations will be drastically reduced.

Yeah, I just double checked the numbers and its 90% of adults have had one shot and 75% have had 2, that was from 3 days ago however. They don't include people under 18 in those numbers.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

They don't include people under 18 in those numbers.

Aaaaaaaaaaa

9 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Also it shows that Murica has decentralized healthcare, over here they scanned my card like 3-4 times. 

card? who? nani?

I don't know enough or understand this Covid thing.  I choose to wait since I live alone and work from home.  

What do people make of this?  

E8MIpZlXEAc6hS3.jpg

E8TSpPZXIAYWk75.jpg

E8TYtChWUAURbnX.jpg

40 minutes ago, King_PIN said:

I don't know enough or understand this Covid thing.  I choose to wait since I live alone and work from home.  

E8MIpZlXEAc6hS3.jpg

E8TSpPZXIAYWk75.jpg

E8TYtChWUAURbnX.jpg

https://factcheck.afp.com/scientist-makes-inaccurate-claims-covid-19-vaccine-safety

Scientific bodies > lone scientists.

20 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

None of that fact check explains anything in my post but talks about a VIDEO she made in March.  

The fact check talks about:

1. reproductive problems
  2. disrupted menstrual cycles
  3. blood clots

15 minutes ago, King_PIN said:

None of that fact check explains anything in my post but talks about a VIDEO she made in March.  

1. reproductive problems
  3. blood clots

Well she's already making highly misleading, borderline extremely silly, claims.

Also I'd like to see her data to support such a bold claim not endorsed by anyone else legitimate.

Not surprised she continues to endorse medicines that have been dismissed for a while now.

https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/who-advises-that-ivermectin-only-be-used-to-treat-covid-19-within-clinical-trials

1 hour ago, King_PIN said:

E8MIpZlXEAc6hS3.jpg

E8TSpPZXIAYWk75.jpg

E8TYtChWUAURbnX.jpg

Judging from her post and website, it sounds like she doesn’t even know basic human physiology. And by her advocating to treat every Covid patient with HCQ and Ivermectin sounds like she doesn’t even know basic pharmacology or toxicology for that matter. If she’s a real expert on the subject matter, she should’ve known that HCQ can’t be given to Covid patients with preexisting heart problems or else it’ll lead to QTc prolongation. Ivermectin trials all over the world have been hit or miss and you’ll need megadoses to even elicit the theoretical mechanism of action. 

Also, where is her evidence that there’s a pathway or mechanism that vaccinated people are the ones causing mutants? If she knows her stuff, she should’ve known that coronaviruses doesn’t have a good error-proofing mechanism when they’re dividing inside living cells. Her notion that vaccinated people cause mutations can be easily refuted by the fact that the Δ variant was first detected in India, and they we’re the ones begging the international community for vaccines. The UK variant appeared even before the NHS started mass vaccination. The UK variant was first detected on November 2020, mass vaccinations in the UK happened around Feb 2021 if I’m not mistaken.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

E8TYtChWUAURbnX.jpg

Jesus Christ where would I even want to start? It’s kinda obvious by the last paragraph that she doesn’t know basic Microbiology. The reason why MMR, Polio, and smallpox vaccines aren’t “leaky” is because these viruses rarely mutates. That is why not much has changed from these vaccines. Whenever these viruses replicate, they have a good error proofing mechanism that corrects mutations, assuming she knows what a mutation is and the different kinds of mutations. This is the reason why HIV, flu, and coronaviruses have high genetic variability. 

E8MIpZlXEAc6hS3.jpg

E8TSpPZXIAYWk75.jpg

E8TYtChWUAURbnX.jpg

I’m not a scientist, but she doesn’t back up any of what she’s saying, and the data doesn’t back her up either. 

if we had evidence of that kind of thing, it would be showing up all over the world in all kinds of different national health authorities. 

Some people might not trust the CDC, but I do trust that Health Canada will be analyzing all pertinent data as it comes in. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

15 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

Jesus Christ where would I even want to start? It’s kinda obvious by the last paragraph that she doesn’t know basic Microbiology. The reason why MMR, Polio, and smallpox vaccines aren’t “leaky” is because these viruses rarely mutates. That is why not much has changed from these vaccines. Whenever these viruses replicate, they have a good error proofing mechanism that corrects mutations, assuming she knows what a mutation is and the different kinds of mutations. This is the reason why HIV, flu, and coronaviruses have high genetic variability. 

That's not from her.  

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science/tthis-chicken-vaccine-makes-virus-dangerous

23 minutes ago, King_PIN said:

I know it’s not from her. She took the chicken vaccine research out of context, as if what happened to chickens is applicable to high intelligence mammals like humans. All she posted was false equivalence and egregious assumption that what happened to birds can happen to humans. If what she said is true, then tell that to the millions of people whose lives got spared from severe illness and death due to the vaccine. 

False Equivalence: 

1. Both humans and chickens have an immune system.
  2. Ergo, the Covid vaccine sufferers the same consequence as the leaky chicken vaccine and spread variants. 

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

I’m not a scientist, but she doesn’t back up any of what she’s saying, and the data doesn’t back her up either. 

if we had evidence of that kind of thing, it would be showing up all over the world in all kinds of different national health authorities. 

Some people might not trust the CDC, but I do trust that Health Canada will be analyzing all pertinent data as it comes in. 

Even with upcoming full FDA approval they're merely going to move the goalpost. 😕

8 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

Judging from her post and website, it sounds like she doesn’t even know basic human physiology. And by her advocating to treat every Covid patient with HCQ and Ivermectin sounds like she doesn’t even know basic pharmacology or toxicology for that matter. If she’s a real expert on the subject matter, she should’ve known that HCQ can’t be given to Covid patients with preexisting heart problems or else it’ll lead to QTc prolongation. Ivermectin trials all over the world have been hit or miss and you’ll need megadoses to even elicit the theoretical mechanism of action. 

Also, where is her evidence that there’s a pathway or mechanism that vaccinated people are the ones causing mutants? If she knows her stuff, she should’ve known that coronaviruses doesn’t have a good error-proofing mechanism when they’re dividing inside living cells. Her notion that vaccinated people cause mutations can be easily refuted by the fact that the Δ variant was first detected in India, and they we’re the ones begging the international community for vaccines. The UK variant appeared even before the NHS started mass vaccination. The UK variant was first detected on November 2020, mass vaccinations in the UK happened around Feb 2021 if I’m not mistaken.

Yep. At the start I was alright, let's see what you say, but once it finished with HCQ and Ivermecting comebined with the profit argument this immediately went into the no-bother pile. Even as the devil's advocate and vaccinated people were producing mutations, which by chance could technically happen in the small subset that does still get ill, we've seen the evidence that the vaccines still seem to be effective against anything but the Lambda variant perhaps. It's still no argument to not vaccinate.

9 hours ago, King_PIN said:

1. reproductive problems
  3. blood clots

Here's a Nature Medicine article saying the opposite of what she's saying:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01316-7

The recently authorized BNT162b2 Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine is approximately 95% efficient in preventing polymerase chain reaction (PCR)-confirmed symptomatic disease from 7 d after the second dose and also provides some early protection starting 12 d after the first dose1,2.

Nature and its sub-divisions is a highly regarded, peer-reviewd journal. You won't easily find garbage in it if ever. In addition to that, the PCR test is the best test we have and it is very sensitive. There are uncertainties, errors and whatnot when testing, but if a vaccine can lower the viral load to a point where PCR can't detect it works and isn't "leaky".

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

9 hours ago, King_PIN said:

Can I just be blunt about what you should do?

You shouldn't believe anything she says. What she has shared is demonstrably false. There are basic factual errors and direct contradictions to the broad, tested scientific consensus. She's spreading deliberate misinformation. Please accept this truth and move on.

You're also going to get your vaccinations as soon as possible. Please open Saskatchewan's vaccine booking website and get the earliest available appointment near you. Pfizer, Moderna, doesn't matter, just get it done. Remember, it's not just about protecting you — it's about reducing the chances of spreading the virus to others.

2 hours ago, Commodus said:

You shouldn't believe anything she says. What she has shared is demonstrably false. There are basic factual errors and direct contradictions to the broad, tested scientific consensus. She's spreading deliberate misinformation. Please accept this truth and move on.

You're also going to get your vaccinations as soon as possible. Please open Saskatchewan's vaccine booking website and get the earliest available appointment near you. Pfizer, Moderna, doesn't matter, just get it done. Remember, it's not just about protecting you — it's about reducing the chances of spreading the virus to others.

Agreed - every unvaccinated person also increases the chances of further mutations that actually can and will cause harms.

In my opinion - body autonomy be damned - the only people who shouldn't get vaccinated are those who are advised not to by a medical professional due to pre-existing medical conditions that prevent them from being safely vaccinated.

This is a very very very small subset of the population. The vast vast majority of people can safely take the COVID-19 vaccines.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

7 hours ago, Commodus said:

Thanks but I'm not looking for comments on what I should or should not do.  I'll make that decision for myself. 

20 hours ago, King_PIN said:

*crab 🦀 women 😛  recommending everything else and not the vaccine*

There are many different types of vaccines out there, like the mRNA etc.

We do not know what future mutations to the virus might cause or become quite deadly again, but we do know that getting the vaccine helps getting things going and not let the virus in a more open state to control or mutate with something else. As I would think the protection and disabling the virus with vaccination is the first step and more so in poorer regions and isolated regions, as different diseases or immune responses that could help give birth to some nasty evolution to a virus and poor regions that can be way more at risk when trying to repair or fighting against a virus. Aka needing vaccines for the 3rd world also if you are ever travling abroad you SHOULD get a vaccine to stop this. Even if there are some vaccines that might have a small % of harm or unintended side effect.

Different things to try and take vaccine.

Spoiler

The best you can do, and if you got a darker skin color is to take some Vitamin D as an side thing (cheap & easy small improvement for many) and of course stay healthy (like eating and getting all your nutrients). Which again brings up the flu shot and other vaccines that might increase your "defenses" and help you fight or rather prevent the virus to get a grip if sick from the flu, if you ever get either virus. The only thing about leaking, not sure to what degree the new mutations does, but it seems like the delta/UK variant? can leave a hole in "vaccines makes you free to go", but it doesn't take away that the vaccines still help and reduce and bring us back to normal. (again if you get a "valid"/functioning vaccine).

For the delta variant if that is the one that spreads among vaccinated people, is that they will lower their defences as with the recommended safety precautions with distance and masks or stay at home even if vaccinated. While your body will still be able to fight most if not all variants of this virus, depending in the situation and not leave it to mutate unless there is a mutation that might do so. For now its mostly to stay safe and vaccinated people should still try to protect others if they are infected with a mutation that stays longer and can infect others (as in a new spread and testing for the virus) but still a vaccine gives less possibilities and options for such dangerous things to occur as the body will just be more ready for the virus if vaccinated giving less time for mutations to occur too? Really unsure how it is now, with were we are with mutations etc.

spread rant

Spoiler

As right now the worst part of covid is the spreading (and the deaths caused) and we still dont know how it will be after this is "over", so more spreading is like the virus gets more time and testing of what works, and with the massive health crisis it creates something harder to fight back, letting it go free, when it might attach to something it shouldn't and learn something new. Something the vaccines will reduce by a lot and fight back a lot of the time and experiments it might do by mutating/evolving and the time before it might hit the "golden nugget" or weapon against us humans in both terms of damage caused and spreadability or adaptability to survive?

@King_PIN

If you don't know anything about COVID and the vaccine and you're wondering if you should get it or not, then take time to listen to people that KNOW what they're doing, and are working in that field.

Joe Rogan and the women from the link you posted are disseminating misinformation, if you wonder about the conclusion of that study on chicken, and what is means for humans and COVID, then who better than the guy that was in charge of that exact study ;
https://www.forbes.com/sites/andreamorris/2021/08/08/joe-rogan-is-getting-this-completely-wrong-says-the-scientist-who-conducted-the-vaccine-study/

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

And whatever you decide to do, stay safe.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

talked about rumor of vaccine also affecting sperm too 😮 might have to see if that is something, in the future.

As for the changes in females, they have not been harmful has it?

2 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

alked about rumor of vaccine also affecting sperm too 😮

Yeah I read a report that it can cause fertility issues. I was like "where do I sign up?". I dont want kids, so if it kills my swimmers thats fine with me. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.