COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul

520,000 Québécois have registered for the Covid lottery. 

Was kinda hoping covidiots to be useful for once, and give me better odds. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

2 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

You have to enter a lottery to get a vaccine in Quebec?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

9 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

It’s actually quite sad because there are people in my community who wouldn’t get it because of extremely rare adverse reactions like the CVT with thrombocytopenia associated with JNJ and AZ vaccines. But it’s important to explain the risk-to-benefit ratio which is used by doctors when deciding which drugs and procedures to give their patients. Even lay people can do the explaining. Sure, there is an extremely small risk that few individuals could develop blood clots with adenovirus based vaccines, or myocarditis with mRNA based vaccines, but the chances of developing blood clots and myocarditis and dying with those when getting infected with Covid-19 is significantly much higher.

It's our inability to understand small (or large) numbers intuitively and rationally. A 0.1% chance at winning the lottery means not even worth trying, yet a 0.1% chance of dying is immediate mortal danger. We perceive the real risk of catching covid when going outside as much less than remote chance of dying from complications due to the vaccine.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

7 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

You have to enter a lottery to get a vaccine in Quebec?

No it's a lottery to encourage people to get vaccinated, there are a bunch of prizes including a million dollars. 

Quick y'all restart putting on your mask for the obstinated non-vaccinated morons. 

On 7/26/2021 at 12:57 PM, wkdpaul said:

Was just reading something on COVID, and I realized people don't understand how infection and vaccines work.

Getting the vaccine doesn't mean it will stop the virus from entering your body, that's obvious that's not how vaccines work; vaccines don't create an aura around you that stop infections from getting inside you, that's the job of the masks to do that !

Getting the vaccine means your body will be able to identify and combat the virus when you're infected ... but somehow it seems that people don't understand that when you're infected, you'll have the anti-bodies to fight it and won't be a major vector of infection, if at all.

The main problem is that the masks don't fully stop the virus from entering through the face.  

Only a N95 mask or a very expensive military hazard mask will do that.  But it will reduce the likelihood of someone getting it.  Viruses are far, far smaller than the smallest hole in any normal mask.  We're talking about multicelled bodies that are like 1/100th the thickness of a human hair 😞

Hair=50-180 um (nanometers or micrometers?)

Sars Covid: 0.1-0.5 um.

Different types of N95 masks for different use cases and mostly talks about the air valves on those who have them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PJ0m9yQM1M

Spoiler

For other types of use cases, for work with dust (off topic) and how it might need some updates to it than the bare minimum

(not much testing in the video rather than fit and finish to some behind the scenes dust and fog tests?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MatxnF43T80

The definitions of covid, droplets? the level of being Airborne? ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG1Du-GOJs0

Mask filtering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQmZou7TaVc

and electrical charged filtering? no its just my cat patrick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAdanPfQdCA

9 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

The main problem is that the masks don't fully stop the virus from entering through the face.  

Only a N95 mask or a very expensive military hazard mask will do that.  But it will reduce the likelihood of someone getting it.  Viruses are far, far smaller than the smallest hole in any normal mask.  We're talking about multicelled bodies that are like 1/100th the thickness of a human hair 😞

You do understand that masks aren't there to stop the virus, but to stop droplets ? It's also to stop YOUR droplets to go around and infect other, not to avoid getting infected yourself.

Feel free to rant about the usefulness of masks, but be aware that I won't reply to any of it.

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

While there is now evidence that the SARS-Cov-2 that measures 125 nm (5 nm smaller than some microprocessor transistors from early-mid 2000s) can be transferred via airborne, the best way to get infected is through respiratory droplets, something a surgical mask protect against effectively. Why? Because the viral load of respiratory droplets is much higher than when it’s airborne. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

10 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Be nice to people. It's a great accomplishment, but do put it in perspective. Over here we have also jabbed people at a rate of almost 150 000 per day. It's easy to get to 90% if your entire country's population is only 800 000.

The far bigger problem is that people think and/or expect that the masks stop it, when over and over again (in my experience at least) it has been made clear that the point of the masks is not to directly protect you from the virus, but to stop you from slobbering and sneezing over those around you thus limiting obvious ways of spread.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

10 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

The virus isn't a tiny little bird that flies around on it's own, slipping through the gaps in masks.  It's a virus, with no means of locomotion of it's own, stuck inside water and snot droplets expelled by the human that ejected them.  When said water and snot droplets land against the inside of the mask, the virus is stuck there with them all the same.

This is by no means 100% but a reduction is reduction.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

SMH is all I can say

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 hours ago, Moonzy said:

SMH is all I can say

a bit too perfect angle and video, but I guess it could be a thing. at least an empty one is better than salt water, easier to know it's fake unless one records any effects from the shot (if not something else was used to get this) or got covid at some point after the fact with a bad response to the virus like if they were not vaccinated.

3 hours ago, Moonzy said:

SMH is all I can say

The quirks of not living in a third world country I guess. 

14 hours ago, The Unknown Voice said:

If using a mask is an issue, the face shield will help in that matter

A face shield is not a mask alternative as per CDC.

DF19CDFC-5703-4E3E-A00A-F2422E817FBF.jpeg

18 hours ago, Moonzy said:

SMH is all I can say

1. It looks like the plunger wasn’t advanced to deliver the vaccine.
  2. The one performing the vaccination looks like someone without the proper training. The right thing to do after pulling the syringe from the patient’s arm is to immediately put the needle cap to protect the person administering the vaccine from needle stick injuries or infections (though rare

8 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:
  1. It looks like the plunger wasn’t advanced to deliver the vaccine.
  2. The one performing the vaccination looks like someone without the proper training. The right thing to do after pulling the syringe from the patient’s arm is to immediately put the needle cap to protect the person administering the vaccine from needle stick injuries or infections (though rare

I don't even think there's a needle

I'm getting muh vaccine today and this doesn't give me confidence at all -.-

Thanks YouTube

14 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

I don't even think there's a needle

I'm getting muh vaccine today and this doesn't give me confidence at all -.-

Thanks YouTube

If you’re not afraid of needles like me, always look on how the person administering the vaccine does it. Make sure you can see the vaccine vial, he/she draws the liquid, and advance the plunger to your deltoid muscle. As a patient, you have the right to know what kind of vaccine you’re giving and if they’re doing it right. 

3 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

If you’re not afraid of needles like me, always look on how the person administering the vaccine does it. Make sure you can see the vaccine vial, he/she draws the liquid, and advance the plunger to your deltoid muscle. As a patient, you have the right to know what kind of vaccine you’re giving and if they’re doing it right. 

I plan to video it, and ask to see the syringe get filled from the phial

But we'll see how it goes, not looking forward to it tbh

5 hours ago, Moonzy said:

I'm getting muh vaccine today

ended up not getting it because it's Sinovac

they didn't even wanna say what vaccine it is until very far into the process of getting vaccination, probably to make people that already went thru it but hesitant about sinovac to just get sinovac

I can't get sinovac as I have to go to Australia, which I think is on the edge about Sinovac(?)

just wanna get pfizer to be safe, dont wanna be banned from traveling to Aus

On 7/26/2021 at 9:57 PM, Andreas Lilja said:

On 7/27/2021 at 2:27 PM, Andreas Lilja said:

Quick y'all restart putting on your mask for the obstinated non-vaccinated morons. 

On 7/27/2021 at 8:00 PM, Andreas Lilja said:

Wow is this part of the community standards or is it just overlooked because the masses here are in agreement?  LOL  

Community Standards

Generally speaking, as long as you stick to the following core principles you should not find yourself subject to disciplinary action:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

•  

27 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

ended up not getting it because it's Sinovac

they didn't even wanna say what vaccine it is until very far into the process of getting vaccination, probably to make people that already went thru it but hesitant about sinovac to just get sinovac

I can't get sinovac as I have to go to Australia, which I think is on the edge about Sinovac(?)

just wanna get pfizer to be safe, dont wanna be banned from traveling to Aus

Tbh I also did my best not to get the Sinovac shot because of concerns of efficacy, and due to political reasons as well (something I’m not going to explain further). I was scheduled for the dual AZ shot but supplies dwindled, so I waited and registered to two places. Hopefully here in my hometown, they called and told me it’s JNJ so I went. 

Malaysia for instance will stop using the Sinovac vaccine after the supply ends due to increasing concerns of reduced efficacy against the Delta variant https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/malaysia-stop-using-sinovac-vaccine-after-supply-ends-minister-2021-07-15/ 

2 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

Malaysia for instance will stop using the Sinovac vaccine after the supply ends due to increasing concerns of reduced efficacy against the Delta variant https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/malaysia-stop-using-sinovac-vaccine-after-supply-ends-minister-2021-07-15/ 

dats a lie

they said first jab is pfizer a week ago

today i went, they said it's been sinovac since days ago, never pfizer