COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
4 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

As for the changes in females, they have not been harmful has it?

From an anecdotal perspective no changes has happened to me after taking Pfizer back in March.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

16 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Yeah I read a report that it can cause fertility issues. I was like "where do I sign up?". I dont want kids, so if it kills my swimmers thats fine with me. 

doubt it does that or to that degree, there was some good news about it not being that bad. but got to see.

17 hours ago, King_PIN said:

Thanks but I'm not looking for comments on what I should or should not do.  I'll make that decision for myself. 

That's fair, just know that all scientifically sound evidence, without exception, suggests that you should get vaccinated.

20 hours ago, King_PIN said:

Thanks but I'm not looking for comments on what I should or should not do.  I'll make that decision for myself. 

Well, for someone who doesn't know about COVID, you've got some awfully strong opinions on it.

Here are verifiable facts that say "the vaccine fucking works"

Over 95% of US ICU beds with covid cases are not fully vaccinated.  

Over 99% of deaths from COVID in hospitals are not fully vaccinated.

Given that over 50% of all americans are fully vaxx'd at this point, would make that a hell of a statistical anomaly.  

Is the vaccine perfect?  Far from it. 

Does that mean it doesn't work?  NOPE.  It works DAMNED WELL.  

But, that's also why there is STILL RESEARCH BEING DONE ON NEW VACCINES.  If they can come up with a non-leaky version later?  fuckin' score!  That'd be awesome!  

In the mean time?  Get the damned shots, and stop listening to liars.  

We just need more data, more and more data as that would be nice 🙂

and to protect ourselves.

4 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Over 2 billion people vaccinated, I think we have enough data 😉

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

19 minutes ago, tkitch said:

But, that's also why there is STILL RESEARCH BEING DONE ON NEW VACCINES.  If they can come up with a non-leaky version later?  fuckin' score!  That'd be awesome!  

And it's not like the current COVID vaccines are that leaky to begin with.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

10 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

over half of all americans are fully vaxx'd.  That's a bigger 'trial' than any drug in history has had.

They're also at the FDA for full approval already, but those processes take time.  (And no, they haven't been taking shortcuts either.)

6 minutes ago, tkitch said:

over half of all americans are fully vaxx'd.  That's a bigger 'trial' than any drug in history has had.

They're also at the FDA for full approval already, but those processes take time.  (And no, they haven't been taking shortcuts either.)

all of this is still young, from the effects of "long covid" aftermath to various methods used. there is still more data needed, while maybe not about it's effectiveness and such. Although that might need to be valued again if there is any new mutations and what they say about having the 3rd shot or good immunity, with current or future versions. Also data on other things that we can only do now, as an global pandemic in "modern society" and how to handle it or future outbreaks that can be likely at some point.

2 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

all of this is still young, from the effects of "long covid" aftermath to various methods used. there is still more data needed

Ah yeas, we still don't know much about the lasting effects of COVID and if the "long covid" issues will disappear, or if it will last a life time. That does indedd need more time for more data.

But we have enough on the vaccine and it's effectivness.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

6 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Yep. A nice summary by AstraZeneca of why we could move so quickly: https://www.astrazeneca.com/what-science-can-do/topics/covid-19/developing-vaccines-at-speed.html

1 minute ago, Quackers101 said:

all of this is still young, from the effects of "long covid" aftermath to various methods used. there is still more data needed, while maybe not about it's effectiveness and such.

Although that might need to be valued again if there is any new mutations and what they say about having the 3rd shot or good immunity, with current or future versions.

That is a slight misconception. Neither the virus nor vaccines are that new. As you can read by e.g. AstraZeneca's explanation there are key reasons why we could deploy a vaccine so quickly. For example:

• we are already familiar with coronaviruses from e.g. SARS and MERS
  • we are familiar with making (mRNA) vaccines

We didn't cut corners, but we did take shortcuts. Production was already running before final results from the trials came out, for example. By taking that educated guess we could start deploying immediately if the trials were successful, which would normally not happen.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

2 minutes ago, Holmes1 said:

I am the single here who are not vaccinated?

Unlikely. It's just that generally people seem to be pro-vaccination to help keep yourself and others safe.

14 minutes ago, Holmes1 said:

Well, let's see here... There's a global pandemic that killed 25 000~ or so of my countrymen thus far, left me cooped up in my apartment for 18 months while working from home, cut plans, killed my planned trip for Japan, left me waiting at the curb at the airport as I said good bye to my partner as she left to deploy for 7 months with the military and I couldn't even enter the airport without a ticket or a job there, it wacked up my industry and delayed projects, ultimately leaving me temporarily laid off for a bit, I've not seen many family...

So when given the chance to say 'FUCK YOU!  CHECK OUT THESE ANTIBODIES ASSHOLE!' to COVID, I did not hesitate.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

21 minutes ago, Holmes1 said:

guaranteed not.  But the question is, assuming you're in a country that has vaccine shots currently, why are you NOT vaccinated?

26 minutes ago, tkitch said:

guaranteed not.  But the question is, assuming you're in a country that has vaccine shots currently, why are you NOT vaccinated?

Some have enough, some countries still have age groups missing and the poorer countries struggling.

51 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Really depends on where he lives. Even in some western "1st world" nations, they're still rolling out 2nd doses or even 1st doses for some segments of the population.

With that in mind, unless he's got a medical condition in which a doctor has advised him not to vaccinate, he should be making an vaccine appointment as soon as possible.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 hours ago, tkitch said:

Well, for someone who doesn't know about COVID, you've got some awfully strong opinions on it.

Here are verifiable facts that say "the vaccine fucking works"

Over 95% of US ICU beds with covid cases are not fully vaccinated.  

Over 99% of deaths from COVID in hospitals are not fully vaccinated.

Given that over 50% of all americans are fully vaxx'd at this point, would make that a hell of a statistical anomaly.  

Is the vaccine perfect?  Far from it. 

Does that mean it doesn't work?  NOPE.  It works DAMNED WELL.  

In the mean time?  Get the damned shots, and stop listening to liars.  

I don't see anywhere I've really made an opinion about it other than my first post.  I think the strong opinions have followed including your posts.  

4 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Honestly people have completely forgotten what science and sceptiscism is about. Yes a healthy amount of sceptiscism will do you good in life, but not everything that is 95% sure or has 95% the same outcome is rigged or a secret metagame to gain control over us or whatever. Some things simply work, some things simply are certain.

done the second vaccine shot pfizer

I confused the vaccinations slots though

I needed to go like to the slot number 9 (I wasn't sure, I forgot short after seeing the number 🤦), and I did go to the slot number 8

but the operator/nurse, said it was the same so it didn't matter 🤷

1 hour ago, 12345678 said:

done the second vaccine shot pfizer

I confused the vaccinations slots though

I needed to go like to the slot number 9 (I wasn't sure, I forgot short after seeing the number 🤦), and I did go to the slot number 8

but the operator/nurse, said it was the same so it didn't matter 🤷

That's just logistics. The shot is the shot, so as long as you got it you're fully upgraded.

4 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Damn! I hope her license gets revoked and she gets prison time. As for me I'm glad I saw the syringe being aspirated from the vial of JNJ and I felt the minor side effects.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside