COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
1 minute ago, Nowak said:

Alright, but how about from a DPS perspective? 😛 

DPS needs personals too my man

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Just now, Mister Woof said:

DPS needs personals too my man

You tell me that like I'm not a DPS main. Now, if I was a healer main, I'd probably be screaming at the rest of my party and using Esuna, Cure II, Medica II/Medica spam and Rescue as much as possible to keep them from dying.

17 minutes ago, Nowak said:

You tell me that like I'm not a DPS main. Now, if I was a healer main, I'd probably be screaming at the rest of my party and using Esuna, Cure II, Medica II/Medica spam and Rescue as much as possible to keep them from dying.

I feel u

ffxiv_08122021_170933_207.thumb.png.eb9571b6e1aa97c59ecbfe3485991961.png

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

10 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

Based on experience, perhaps one third of the people who lined up for vaccination with me didn't ate breakfast because they thought it is contraindicated as if it's a blood test for fasting glucose lol. Eating a full meal is highly encouraged because the lines can be quite long.

I guess I got lucky time slots. Both my shots were in and out procedures. I spent more time in the observing room afterwards than in the entire process from entering the door and checking documents to getting the shot.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

15 hours ago, Nowak said:

* me as a dragoon jumping into an AOE *

I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW FUCKED I AM !!!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/federal-government-mandatory-vaccinations-1.6140131

Transport Minister Omar Alghabra announced today that the federal government will soon require that all public servants be vaccinated — a mandate that he said will also be implemented by Crown corporations and other federally regulated businesses in the coming weeks.

Starting soon, all commercial air travellers and passengers on interprovincial trains and large marine vessels with overnight accommodations (such as cruise ships) will have to be vaccinated, Alghabra said.

Nice to see the the walls closing in on the vaccine hesitant.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

4 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

* me as a dragoon jumping into an AOE *

I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW FUCKED I AM !!!

AOES ARE NOT SWIMMING POOLS!!! Even as a RDM main now I can still tell you that!

On 8/12/2021 at 3:11 PM, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Fake vaccine cards are increasingly becoming a thing since more establishments here are requiring customers/clients to be vaccinated before entering their business. 

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/coronavirus/mandates-create-booming-black-market-for-fake-vaccination-cards/2690217/?amp

No QR code like Quebec? Pretty hard to falsify.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

8 hours ago, CerealExperimentsLain said:

Nice to see the the walls closing in on the vaccine hesitant.

"hesitant"

More like deniers, we're dealing with true believers.

On 7/26/2021 at 1:28 PM, captain_to_fire said:

Some people might say that the JNJ vaccine doesn’t offer robust protection against the delta variant based on this new study which contradicts Janssen’s statement, but assuming that is true it’s not like the OG SARS-Cov-2 strain disappeared and got replaced with pure delta variant only. The JNJ vaccine still works against other mutations like 🇧🇷🇿🇦 and reduce mortality. I’d wait for other studies to corroborate NYU’s findings,

This gave me a sign of relief as a recipient of the J&J vaccine 😌 

Gray said the single-shot J&J vaccine offered 91% to 96.2% protection against death, while offering 67% protection against hospitalisation when the Beta coronavirus variant dominates and about 71% protection against hospitalisation when the Delta variant dominates.

"Consistently after receiving the vaccine, there was very little death occurring in the vaccinated group as compared to the control group and showing a remarkable up-to 96.2% protection against death," Gray said.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/safrican-study-shows-jj-vaccine-protects-against-death-co-lead-investigator-says-2021-08-06/

But I wouldn’t mind receiving a booster shot (or a supplementary mRNA vaccine) next year or even earlier should in an unfortunate event happen where another variant appears who can escape antibody neutralization from existing vaccines.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

4 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

Gray said the single-shot J&J vaccine offered 91% to 96.2% protection against death

9% chance of dying still, that's 9 out of 100 people folks, the vaccine doesn't work!! /s

"Consistently after receiving the vaccine, there was very little death occurring in the vaccinated group as compared to the control group and showing a remarkable up-to 96.2% protection against death," Gray said.

This sounds kind of morbid lol. I understand this is probably a group from before the vaccines were available or maybe volunteers, but out of context this sounds like they just drew straws on a random group of people who would live and who not.

should in an unfortunate event happen where another variant appears who can escape antibody neutralization from existing vaccines.

Luckily it seems to have decided on sticking around at iota for a while... In some lighthearted humour, looking at the overview table on Wikipedia you really feel like you are playing Plauge Inc. with all the "stats" displayed like this +X%, reduced Y amount by vaccination etc.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 hour ago, tikker said:

9% chance of dying still, that's 9 out of 100 people folks, the vaccine doesn't work!! /s

"MY BODY MY CHOICE! VACCINES KILL PEOPLE! WAKE UP TO THE DEEP STATE SATANIC PROPAGANDA TO IMPLANT 5G MICROCHIPS TO MAKE EACH AND EVERYONE GAY! WE CAN CURE COVID-19 WITH MEGADOSE VITAMIN C, D, IVERMECTIN AND HCQ!"

-probably the thought processes of an antivaxxing Karen who read the study out of context :old-grin:

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

10 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

https://fortune.com/2021/08/12/covid-boosters-americans-cdc-the-capsule/

Might as well make it available to everyone, instead of the existing stocks expiring.

Don't they have, you know, administration to check if you're eligible? This just keeps going sideways. First it's people refusing to take the vaccine, now it's people taking it on themselves to get a third shot. It caused quite a bit of chaos and administrative delays when GPs over here started arbitrarily jabbing people. Just stick tot the plan for once folks.

On 8/16/2021 at 5:31 AM, tikker said:

Don't they have, you know, administration to check if you're eligible?

The county health department called me because for some reason they said I didnt check in for my first shot back at the end of March, which I did. The state of Michigan has its head so far up it’s ass it doesn’t know up from down. I find it funny they call me in August. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

20 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

The county health department called me because for some reason they said I didnt check in for my first shot back at the end of March, which I did. The state of Michigan has its head so far up it’s ass it doesn’t know up from down. I find it funny they call me in August. 

Something similar happened to someone I know. Went for the first shot, didn't exist in the system. "It'll be fine" they said, just take the shot and you can come back for the second one. Comes back for the second one later, again no registration whatsoever in the system; not of the original invite, not of the first vaccination. One of the vaccinators who gave the first shot recognised them, so they were able to get the second shot as well and "it would be fine" again. Queue (non)surprise #3: they're not in the system, so they can't get proof of vaccination...

I put that statement out there lightly, but even here they don't have things up to snuff.

12 minutes ago, tikker said:

*snip*

Queue (non)surprise #3: they're not in the system, so they can't get proof of vaccination...

🤦‍♂️

That's some next level bureaucratic BS !!!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

3 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

🤦‍♂️

That's some next level bureaucratic BS !!!

Makes you wonder what is so hard about putting it in the system. Everything is legitimate. The stamps are on the form, they are dated correctly and they know the shots have been administered. I honestly attribute it to laziness of having to do more than enter a social security number and hit ok.

The forms that are stamped are even generated and printed on-location so you can't easily mess with the date and time. They've done all the steps except the final one: upload them 😐

So, I might be... SOL. My company weathered the first, second, and third waves of COVID without any staff (at our office, anyway) getting it. However, just today, 3 of my coworkers were put into mandatory 14 day quarantines. There might be a fourth.

My company's local office might not survive this, we're already stretched thin enough.

I'm actually pretty shocked that any of my coworkers didn't get vaccinated, but apparently around half of us did, and the other half didn't.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

6 hours ago, Sarra said:

So, I might be... SOL. My company weathered the first, second, and third waves of COVID without any staff (at our office, anyway) getting it. However, just today, 3 of my coworkers were put into mandatory 14 day quarantines. There might be a fourth.

My company's local office might not survive this, we're already stretched thin enough.

I'm actually pretty shocked that any of my coworkers didn't get vaccinated, but apparently around half of us did, and the other half didn't.

Are those 3-4 cases "coincidentally" from the unvaccinated half?

5 hours ago, tikker said:

Are those 3-4 cases "coincidentally" from the unvaccinated half?

I know two are. Not sure about the other two.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022