COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
3 hours ago, Tensimeter said:

I thought it was worth sharing, that Linus (the other one) doesn't put up with the absolutely insane COVID vaccine conspiracy theories.

Linus Torvalds is in league with the deep state, satanic globalists to embed Linux to every Covid vaccine so that every person who got injected will become walking 5G towers running on Linux instead of Bill Gates’ Windows. Apparently, a walking 5G tower experiencing kernel panic is better than a blue screen of death. :old-grin:

Take that AstraZeneca! 

/s

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

June 15th can’t some soon enough. It’s going to be a “record” heatwave next week and I don’t fancy wearing something over my face in 100+ F degree heat. Ironic that my city managed to move into the less restrictive yellow tier right before CA is supposed to do away with that system..

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/california/california-to-officially-align-with-cdc-masking-guidance-as-part-of-june-15-reopening/2566211/

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

I coudnt find the covid sub forum sorry in advance

whats the worst day in covid-19 so far?

10400f

16 gb 4000

1650 super

z490 msi 

p400a digital

games i play: krunker (sometimes), valorant, and csgo

You'll have to be more specific.

- Which continent/country/region/area/city/state/neighborhood?

- Worst as what? Death count? Infected count? People who threw up count?

Also, here's the thread:

elephants

Got my 2nd shot on Friday, felt a little tired and nauseous but after a day felt fine! Now I can finally visit the microcenter I moved near 😄

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 hour ago, Downkey said:

Got my 2nd shot on Friday, felt a little tired and nauseous but after a day felt fine! Now I can finally visit the microcenter I moved near 😄

Please remember that it takes roughly 14 days for the 2nd dose to become fully

effective.

You need to pretend you’re still unvaccinated for those first 14 days. After that, go nuts!

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Please remember that it takes roughly 14 days for the 2nd dose to become fully

effective.

You need to pretend you’re still unvaccinated for those first 14 days. After that, go nuts!

Yeah, I was writing that as I was half asleep and was too lazy to mention it haha 

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

14 hours ago, resolve_beta said:

I coudnt find the covid sub forum sorry in advance

whats the worst day in covid-19 so far?

The worst day in Canada was likely sometime in April. Ontario, at least, had a gigantic wave. Here in Ottawa there were multiple days where there were 300-plus new cases per day (for context, we thought it was bad a year earlier with 30-60 cases per day).  That was scary — it went from "you'll be fine as long as you're reasonably careful" to "don't even think of doing anything non-essential."

Internationally, I'd say India's crisis in early May was the worst in terms of practical impact. Around-the-clock cremations and people desperately hunting for oxygen tanks? That's the stuff you expect in a disaster movie, not real life.  Any time you get some anti-lockdown type telling you the government should throw things wide open, just point to India as an example of what can happen.

3 hours ago, Downkey said:

Yeah, I was writing that as I was half asleep and was too lazy to mention it haha 

mostly would need a mask while vaccinated in large public gatherings/areas, as one can still spread while vaccinated, just for much shorter and much less of a spreader.

2 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

and?

It's showing the efficacy of the Vaccine is as expected. People who have had the Vaccine are not being hospitalised because of Covid.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

4 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

It's showing the efficacy of the Vaccine is as expected. People who have had the Vaccine are not being hospitalised because of Covid.

Would say that is sort of "self-explanatory". Unless there is a mutation or having a weak body that has less defences and might not be helped by an vaccine due to reasons. If it said there was any difference in people who had 1 shot vs 2 shots and what sort of protection % there was, would find that kind of useful.

If there can be enough in certain ways with only one shot.

Getting news documentary type covid videos now that we are reopening about fully tomorrow. A journey it has been.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

2 hours ago, Nacht said:

when you lift masks you bassicly telling people its oke to be selfish people that are getting their shots are not immune yet...

There is such a thing as oversimplification.  Evolutionary biological researchers (not doctors, researchers are more qualified) warned that COVID would eventually be normalized and mutate with new strains back in 2019, fast forward, they were exactly right.  The reason why this can't be separated from a political discussion is because various institutions (not necessarily medical companies) are manipulating their knowledge of laws and supply chains to profiteer from the situation.  I'm not going to go out of my way to cast stones at people when everyone has a different circle of available resources to parse out their information, but if anything, I believe people should realize when it come to the discussion about COVID, or anything state of legally related for that matter: You're involved weather you like it or not.  If that's the case, I think we're better off trying to make a positive difference by taking the time to understand one another rather than fighting.

Here's the short version in response to what you said though: there is a very long history (in our history books as well as examples today) of authorities not telling the truth.  The saying "history is written by the winners" is a saying for exactly that reason.  People also profit from fearmongering, so what are we going to do when there's 10 more strains, wear masks and force people to live indoors forever?  People don't want to live in glorified cages, because we don't know if another crisis can take out the internet or the power supply as well in the future.  So it might do well to advocate for something more practical: protect the most vulnerable first (old, disabled, sick), wear a mask if you are not vaccinated, donate blood and plasma when healthy, and get vaccinated.  Just as importantly, don't panic, because it causes others to also panic - emotion is the enemy of reason, you will get taken advantage of, as certain terrible people have been saying: "Don't let a good crisis go to waste"

Be informed, there are bad people in the world.  There are good people too, don't forget that.

CPU: Ryzen 5900X | GPU: ASRock 6900XT | Drive: SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 1TB (x2) | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 64GB DDR4 3600 14-15-15-35 | MB: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut | Case: Fractal Design Define 7

Yes, I share it with friends, and bought this at MSRP.  I was a listmaster for several days in NY.

9 minutes ago, Nacht said:

I don't care many have been able to get their 1e and 2e dose safely with others wearing mask and now i cant get my 2e dose safely cos they lift the rules, telling exactly everyone that its oke to be selfish, people that are coming to get there 1e shot and 2e shot aren't protected can still risk infecting others so it should not be lifted at all unless you got your 2e shot.

Then drive there, get your shot, then go home, then give time for your immunity to build before going out.  If you can get things delivered, going out is a choice, and if you have a job that requires close contact with customers throughout the day, skip it then look for a new job when you feel safe to do so.  Losing 2 weeks at a job should not cause anyone's life to collapse unless they were terribly irresponsible for years, and an entry level job is not worth keeping anyway if you want to grow your career.  Lastly, not every location is automatically going to turn into a rave, and viruses ramp up over times much longer than a single day.  Go get your second shot, you'll be fine.

CPU: Ryzen 5900X | GPU: ASRock 6900XT | Drive: SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 1TB (x2) | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 64GB DDR4 3600 14-15-15-35 | MB: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut | Case: Fractal Design Define 7

Yes, I share it with friends, and bought this at MSRP.  I was a listmaster for several days in NY.

4 hours ago, Nacht said:

I moved my appointment for 2e dose to 1 day before they lift masks now.

That's good. Just keep your distance, rely on online ordering and otherwise act like you're still in the middle of the pandemic for two weeks after that shot. You'll already have some protection with the first dose, it's just a matter of sealing the deal with that second.

So it looks like Canada is not ready to open the border. Just say an article posted on Facebook that they have extended the travel restrictions for unessential travel for a bit longer. 

It will be nice when the border opens up. I got my enhanced license so I could visit Canada. Visiting another country is on my bucket list. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 hours ago, Nacht said:

You need both doses against variants least, and its not guaranteed it depends on how good your immune system is.

Yes and no. One shot is pretty effective against the UK variant (Alpha), and still offers significant protection against the India (Delta) variant. But yeah, I wouldn't pretend everything was normal until you've had enough time after that second dose.

On 6/18/2021 at 9:16 PM, Nacht said:

You wear mask to protect others wear mask to protect you, when you lift masks you bassicly telling people its oke to be selfish people that are getting their shots are not immune

yet,

there is also a lack of information/missinformations, I often do see people who are vaccinated, put the mask off, by saying they are safe both for themselves and the others

besides those rumors going around on politics stuff for removing masks don't either help, they incentivate even more missinformations

On 6/18/2021 at 9:16 PM, Nacht said:

anyway I still didn't get the vaccine, and it happened several time that I got into the street, and it was, concerning, full of people amassed in the same point, without anything in their damn faice

I guess this time, I'll get the damn vaccine as fast as possible, I don't wait ages or cancell it after I booked it for stupid reasons

I got the first dose of the vaccine like a couple days ago.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 hour ago, sub68 said:

I got the first dose of the vaccine like a couple days ago.

Speedtest before / after?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Our church decided to make everything mask-optional in the sanctuary again.

Yes, I said again. Apparently they didn't learn their lesson from last time where we got about 50 cases and one person is still in the hospital. Two weeks ago they were lessening his sedation, I don't know what's happened since. My mom is the one who's updating me and she's in the Azores right now.

Anyway, instead of mask-optional 10:30 AM in both the sanctuary (~200 people) and the gym (~80 people), it's now mask-optional in the sanctuary for both 9 AM and 10:30 AM services, and mask-required in the gym for both 9 AM and 10:30 AM.

On top of that about half of the church body is seniors! ~85% of the church has been fully vaccinated, but that 15% is still at risk - and maybe 1/3 is seniors. (rough guesses, I don't have access to everyone's medical records)

Another worrying fact is that when they announced it almost everyone in the sanctuary cheered. The service we went to was already mask-optional (we stand in the atrium, about 10 feet away from the entrance, and masks are required there), but it's really no-restrictions. No one was wearing masks.

This reminds me of that story about the guy that downloads random crap on the Internet, gets irreplaceable files corrupted or encrypted, has friends help fix it and explain how it happened, then does the same thing.

elephants