COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul

Got my first shot recently. Getting second one on the 30th. 

Then, later this year (early august) going to finally see my extended family I haven't seen in 5 years now. Plans got ruined last year thanks to covid.

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

27 minutes ago, Benji said:

Might wanna fix that 👀

Yup. Either it's COVID or it's something else. We are supposed to be having a barbecue tomorrow because they loosened the regulations a little (up to 10 people all in all from up to 10 households), but obviously the weather is going to be utter garbage this weekend. I am in desperate need of social interaction, but obviously something is coming in the way. 😩

Now that I don't have the issue anymore that required a toilet to be immediately available, it is this that actually frustrates me and drains my energy.

HAHAHHAHHAHA fixed. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

I’m fina rescheduled on Wednesday to get AstraZeneca’s 5G shot. It’s not my preferred brand to be honest but it’s better than nothing, and finally I can scare and terrorize the Kevins and Karens as I will become a 5’7” 5G tower emitting coronavirus mutations and blood clots. :old-tongue: 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

I've been trying to still wear my mask post getting the vaccine.  Sometimes  I honestly do forget to grab it when I'm in a big rush.

That doesn't make it ok.  And while I'm protected from covid, it doesn't mean I can't spread it. 

But even with that, half the reason I still wear a mask is

Spoiler

I don't want to get confused for a Trumper, especially in my region.  I know stereotypes are supposed to be exaggerations but the people in my area try to fit those exaggerations to a T.  It's tiring tbh.

Spoilered cause it can be considered kinda political, but it's just honestly the truth for my local area.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

so my state decided to do all the opposite of suggested thing, probably just because is of country of seniles olders

so astrazeneca is safer for older populations while it's more risky for youngers (like 0.2% fo 70~80y'o while 1.1% for 20~30 y'o), but they have decided to allow it's administration only to people between 20 and 30 y'o

yeah let's keep safe some old decrepit, and let's give all the risks to youngers, fucking imbecilles

On 5/23/2021 at 4:25 PM, captain_to_fire said:

I’m fina rescheduled on Wednesday to get AstraZeneca’s 5G shot. It’s not my preferred brand to be honest but it’s better than nothing, and finally I can scare and terrorize the Kevins and Karens as I will become a 5’7” 5G tower emitting coronavirus mutations and blood clots. :old-tongue: 

5G is overrated, got my 6G vaccine already!

Also zap them with a little amount of Ozone!

18 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Also zap them with a little amount of Ozone!

Well one doesn’t need a walking 5G tower from a Covid shot to create ozone. One can do so by using an air purifier with ionizer. 

This is why anyone in this forum looking to improve air quality with a HEPA filter fitted air purifier should avoid the one with an ionizer or negative ions as those create toxic Ozone. 

3 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

This is why anyone in this forum looking to improve air quality with a HEPA filter fitted air purifier should avoid the one with an ionizer or negative ions as those create toxic Ozone. 

Not toxic if one knows what one are doing? but sure, it can be harder to hit any covid part unlike moving a lot of air into a filter.

1 minute ago, Quackers101 said:

Not toxic if one knows what one are doing?

Smog in my house with an ionizing air purifier? I’d stick to the Dyson Pure Cool my dad bought which actually works as an air purifier despite the high price… it sucks as a fan though 

Also, I don’t think any air purifier claims that they can get rid of airborne coronavirus as these are too small at 125 nm. Most HEPA filters can only filter up to 0.3 microns. Though it did decreased my allergies. 

31 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

Smog in my house with an ionizing air purifier? I’d stick to the Dyson Pure Cool my dad bought which actually works as an air purifier despite the high price… it sucks as a fan though 

Also, I don’t think any air purifier claims that they can get rid of airborne coronavirus as these are too small at 125 nm. Most HEPA filters can only filter up to 0.3 microns. Though it did decreased my allergies. 

Not sure why using that video?

But it goes a bit like this.

ZAP IT ALL, but might be less effective overall. I guess UV C is more the answer (ruins everything in the room made of plastics)

Spoiler

More about an electric filter maybe, than about the Ozone, the ionizing might help air flow.

How an Ozone Generator Works - Ozone Solutions

6 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

Not sure why using that video?

I time stamped it

2 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

I time stamped it

not the point, but sure if you have a big one it will produce way too much Ozone were it will be toxic and for how long.

Small amounts will be normal or "harmless" and can help reduce smells (which can be either good or bad)

Just had my first jab, only annoyance is the bureaucracy; having to scan my health card like 4 times. Arm is slightly sore, reminds me of very mild delayed onset muscle soreness.

Next jab in mid-September that's disappointing. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

https://www.lapresse.ca/covid-19/2021-05-26/covid-19/neuf-eclosions-liees-aux-parcs-a-montreal.php?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=algofb

Half of outbreaks in Montreal linked to pubic parks. I'm not surprised, pass a few on my way to work; no masks or distance and this for as long as I remember. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

On 5/24/2021 at 8:53 PM, Quackers101 said:

not the point, but sure if you have a big one it will produce way too much Ozone were it will be toxic and for how long.

Small amounts will be normal or "harmless" and can help reduce smells (which can be either good or bad)

You should listen to the video, the air purifier in the video produce 0.081 ppm of ozone, indoor safe level should be under 0.05ppm.

The outdoor concentration should be under 0.08ppm average over 8h, above that isn't considered safe.

An air purifier like in the video can quickly raise the ozone concentration in a room to 0.2ppm, that's way higher than what's being recommended as safe. There are multiple research papers on this.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

58 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

You should listen to the video, the air purifier in the video produce 0.081 ppm of ozone, indoor safe level should be under 0.05ppm.

The outdoor concentration should be under 0.08ppm average over 8h, above that isn't considered safe.

An air purifier like in the video can quickly raise the ozone concentration in a room to 0.2ppm, that's way higher than what's being recommended as safe. There are multiple research papers on this.

Never suggested that this was safe, nor did I say that unit was any close to what I had in mind.

Only that smaller units that produce way less, use way less power, and produce way less ozone in a household were ozone might be lower than normal and can be used some places. like a small remote unit that can fit inside fridges for keeping your produce kind of healthy or longer lasting when mixed with other types of produce or smells.

While there might not be a good unit to deal with covid in a useful way vs ozone production, lifetime of the product and so on.

But it could be used as an addition in small quantity with other systems and might do something else while at it.

Like UVC can has it's own health concerns too, while as dangerous, it can be dangerous more so if used in a massive scale without consideration or using the wrong product (becomes blind by mistakes or shortcuts made by some company). But way more useful against covid and covers a much wider area.

20 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Love seeing when people are informed.  O3 (reactive oxygen) is no joke, and I wish the information on COVID's relation to immune functions was more discussed so that more of us could have a better idea of how it behaved.  Cases of long term organ damage is not just COVID alone, it's our immune system going into overdrive (cytokine response) where more vulnerable areas of the body become more susceptible.  Our immune system can kill the Ebola, it can kill us too if it loses control. 

Our immune system also functions as a means of self-repair, killing cancer cells and problematic tissue depending on where we might have underlying health issues, which is why I would discourage any exposure to something like O3 for those who might have been considering it as a means of reducing exposure, because it might actually make our lungs more vulnerable in the process when we need them to be as healthy as possible.  The immune system will likely be more active trying to repair damage already done to the lungs if O3 exposure is already an issue before contraction.

I don't mean to preach about a topic everyone's tired of, but for anyone who's concerned for their safety, please just talk to your family doctor.  Don't listen to celebrity doctors, people's lives are on the line, and they're not going to know your medical history like your Primary will. Don't avoid a vaccine, because COVID will hit a lot harder.  Water, bed-rest, hygiene; an immune system with a quick response is a deadly force to any virus.

CPU: Ryzen 5900X | GPU: ASRock 6900XT | Drive: SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 1TB (x2) | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 64GB DDR4 3600 14-15-15-35 | MB: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut | Case: Fractal Design Define 7

Yes, I share it with friends, and bought this at MSRP.  I was a listmaster for several days in NY.

14 minutes ago, Jay427 said:

Love seeing when people are informed.  O3 (reactive oxygen) is no joke, and I wish the information on COVID's relation to immune functions was more discussed so that more of us could have a better idea of how it behaved.  Cases of long term organ damage is not just COVID alone, it's our immune system going into overdrive (cytokine response) where more vulnerable areas of the body become more susceptible.  Our immune system can kill the Ebola, it can kill us too if it loses control. 

Our immune system also functions as a means of self-repair, killing cancer cells and problematic tissue depending on where we might have underlying health issues, which is why I would discourage any exposure to something like O3 for those who might have been considering it as a means of reducing exposure, because it might actually make our lungs more vulnerable in the process when we need them to be as healthy as possible.  The immune system will likely be more active trying to repair damage already done to the lungs if O3 exposure is already an issue before contraction.

I don't mean to preach about a topic everyone's tired of, but for anyone who's concerned for their safety, please just talk to your family doctor.  Don't listen to celebrity doctors, people's lives are on the line, and they're not going to know your medical history like your Primary will. Don't avoid a vaccine, because COVID will hit a lot harder.  Water, bed-rest, hygiene; an immune system with a quick response is a deadly force to any virus.

I read on Facebook that fire kills COVID-19!  This was only done in a laboratory on samples in a petri dish and it's never tested outside of that environment but clearly the cure is fire!

OH NO IT TURNS OUT FIRE KILLS MANY OTHER THINGS THAT THE HUMAN BODY IS MADE OUT OF, BASICALLY ALL OF IT INFACT, IT BURNS IT BURNS! 😞

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

1 hour ago, Jay427 said:

yeah, one reason why the talk about things like Vitamin D doses and how it might act like a hormone that can balance the response.

As for the amount ozone to covid, not sure, but in certain households a small dose can be less different than being outside?

Tried to find some of it, but it seems like hospitals are more focusing on Ozone Laundry machines or trashing a room full with ozone ;/ and Ozone/UV pool cleaners.

I guess it just not worth it for covid, seems like it can be from 30m to 1-2h and 4h in the air? not great for something that can be toxic or maybe reduced working time by trying not to pollute the air with such toxicity.

I guess no matter what we do, there will be no easy solution. But I do like some of these electric filters (still produce small amount of ozone), but not the big ozone generators, if I could set one up right, pulling dust and more, while hopefully if there is a solution to make work better as a filter than ozone.

Also there is a lot of fake products out there, from fake UVC (only purple-ish light), bad listed UVC lamps (hamful), and to those other products.

To ozone generated from some UV.

19 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

yeah, one reason why the talk about things like Vitamin D doses and how it might act like a hormone that can balance the response.

As for the amount ozone to covid, not sure, but in certain households a small dose can be less different than being outside?

Tried to find some of it, but it seems like hospitals are more focusing on Ozone Laundry machines or trashing a room full with ozone ;/ and Ozone/UV pool cleaners.

I guess it just not worth it for covid, seems like it can be from 30m to 1-2h and 4h in the air? not great for something that can be toxic or maybe reduced working time by trying not to pollute the air with such toxicity.

I guess no matter what we do, there will be no easy solution. But I do like some of these electric filters (still produce small amount of ozone), but not the big ozone generators, if I could set one up right, pulling dust and more, while hopefully if there is a solution to make work better as a filter than ozone.

Also there is a lot of fake products out there, from fake UVC (only purple-ish light), bad listed UVC lamps (hamful), and to those other products.

To ozone generated from some UV.

Ozone is very dangerous, and while it can kill virus and bacteria, the level needed would be toxic to us (order of magnitude higher than what is considered safe).

Low amounts of ozones are safe, but even small filters can be dangerous if doors and windows aren't left open since the ozone levels can rise to unsafe levels.

So yes, air filters that generate ozone can be safe, but only if you know what you're doing, if misused even small amounts can be dangerous. BTW, I'm not saying you're misusing ozone generating air filters, just want to point out that while you might know what you do, be careful with this since a LOT of people are completely unaware of the dangers and can misunderstand what you're saying.

This page has a good explanation, and even references research papers about it (there are more papers out there, but this one page is a good enough ressource IMO) ;

https://www.epa.gov/indoor-air-quality-iaq/ozone-generators-are-sold-air-cleaners

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

8 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

be careful with this since a LOT of people are completely unaware of the dangers and can misunderstand what you're saying.

I guess, and like with any gass, they can be horrible to deal with.

Thinking about water leaks to a new level and harder to notice.

Since people do die of this, from cleaning gas tanks, ships, etc. Something that can be quite a nightmare in space?

Spoiler

This video more focused on ships, but the general idea goes for any enclosed space, like low activity storage spaces, basements, fuel tanks and more.

Phew - Finally I got my 1st dose - Moderna.

I've been on just about every waiting list you can be on in Ontario, and I randomly happened to see a local chain of Pharmacies (not any of the big ones) advertising COVID vaccine booking on a street sign. Earlier today at about 1:15 PM, I registered for the waiting list.

They called me back just over an hour later for an immediate appointment anytime before 4:30 PM.

I seriously lucked out hard. I was there and got my vaccine at about 3 PM.

So far little to no symptoms. Arm was *slightly* fatigued, but not even sore. No pain. Let's see if that lasts - I've heard some people have a reaction the next day.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Had my first shot of the same yesterday and my shoulder is still very sore. I was feeling a bit like crap for about 24 hours.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

10 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

So yes, air filters that generate ozone can be safe, but only if you know what you're doing, if misused even small amounts can be dangerous

Makes me wonder why there are still manufacturers who advertise air purifiers with negative ions. I told my dad not to get the Dyson one because of the price but he still bought it. It turned out good air purifier but it is shitty as a fan. I'm having lesser allergic attacks though.