COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
12 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

Makes me wonder why there are still manufacturers who advertise air purifiers with negative ions. I told my dad not to get the Dyson one because of the price but he still bought it. It turned out good air purifier but it is shitty as a fan. I'm having lesser allergic attacks though.

I really don't know why, but the negative ion BS is very popular even outside of pseudoscience crystals and stuff. So manufacturers are taking advantage of the misinformation, and I'm guessing as long as it's not illegal to sell ozone generating air filters, they'll keep doing it even if it's dangerous.

That is IMO great proof that companies don't care about their customers or truth, they'll sell you anything as long as they can make money, and they'll use dodgy marketing to do it, again, as long as it's not illegal.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 minutes ago, Benji said:

Are you taking about Bose?

Nah, it's Beats headphones which are shit but rich people bought it especially around 2009-2011. 

20 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

That is IMO great proof that companies don't care about their customers or truth, they'll sell you anything as long as they can make money, and they'll use dodgy marketing to do it, again, as long as it's not illegal.

Makes me wonder why so many people buy Himalayan salt when it tastes the same as regular salt. Or why essential oil advocates generalize all doctors as big pharma shills when they are doing the same thing that they preach against.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Seems like people in Montreal understood that no more curfew means party time.

12-15+ people gathered close, hugs and the like... 4th wave coming soon?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Getting crazy incentives to get the vaccine. Where’s my million dollars Newsom. Yeah I’m never that lucky.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/california-award-15-million-10-residents-latest-state/story?id=77948959

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

On 5/28/2021 at 5:34 PM, dalekphalm said:

Phew - Finally I got my 1st dose - Moderna.

I've been on just about every waiting list you can be on in Ontario, and I randomly happened to see a local chain of Pharmacies (not any of the big ones) advertising COVID vaccine booking on a street sign. Earlier today at about 1:15 PM, I registered for the waiting list.

They called me back just over an hour later for an immediate appointment anytime before 4:30 PM.

I seriously lucked out hard. I was there and got my vaccine at about 3 PM.

So far little to no symptoms. Arm was *slightly* fatigued, but not even sore. No pain. Let's see if that lasts - I've heard some people have a reaction the next day.

Finally got pfizer here in Ontario. Registered at a bunch of clinics and pharmacies until Shoppers called back first. Here's how it has gone for me:

Day 1 (shot day): Arm was a bit sore afterwards. Got a very minor headache later in the day, but that was basically gone by the evening.

Day 2: Felt very tired, arm was a tad sore.

Day 3 (today): Feel a little tired. That's it.

Pfizer has been going very well for me. I'll share my experience with the second dose once it comes 'round. Maybe the second dose is worse...?

Currently working towards fully restoring my ThinkPad T510

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 -- ASUS Dual Radeon RX 6650 XT OC Edition 8GB -- Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 (4x8GB) -- ASRock B450M Steel Legend -- Corsair CX650M -- SAMA IM01 -- Crucial P2 500GB NVMe, 2x Crucial BX500 1TB

With Moderna here:

Shot day - Shoulder hurts, feeling a bit meh starting a couple of hours later, had a 2-hour nap in the afternoon

2nd day - Shoulder still hurts the same initially, then very bad in the evening, still feeling meh, headache

3rd day - Shoulder pain disappearing, still feeling crap and headache

4th day (today) - All good again

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

With Moderna here:

Shot day - Shoulder hurts, feeling a bit meh starting a couple of hours later, had a 2-hour nap in the afternoon

2nd day - Shoulder still hurts the same initially, then very bad in the evening, still feeling meh, headache

3rd day - Shoulder pain disappearing, still feeling crap and headache

4th day (today) - All good again

Moderna here too. 

First day slight muscle fatigue. Late same day arm soreness kicked in. 

Second day, arm soreness all day. 

Day three, (today) arm soreness almost gone. 

Didn’t have any fever or headache or other issues. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Now is probably not the right time to name one’s kid “Karen” or “Kevin” thanks coronavirus. 

1 hour ago, captain_to_fire said:

Now is probably not the right time to name one’s kid “Karen” or “Kevin” thanks coronavirus. 

Kevin was already a white trash name in Quebec, especially the spelling variations. 

Let's keep this going, Alaska!

JTQEUDYAVRCKNCY7UEI4LHBWKE.jpg

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

So having no idea what politicians did think to roll out moderna/pfizer for my age group, I booked astrazeneca, but a short after they decided to roll out moderna/pfizer for my age group (they do start from 6/7 days apart from today, for booking)

so I could unbook the astrazeneca shot (I need to do it tomorrow), and wait the 10/11th to book other vax

both moderna/pfizer do provide more effectiness to prevent it, they are also more faster to provide full coverage than astrazeneca (3/4 week apart for the second shot, 4~8 week apart for the second shot for astrazeneca)

moderna/pfizer for my age group provide less % of complications, for astrazeneca 1.9 people out 100k died, while for moderna/pfizer 4.5 people out a milion died, so moderna/pfizer are 50 times less likely to cause bad things to happen than astrazeneca

the age group of the deaths of moderna/pfizer varied between 25~91 years old

So, I'm still undecided if I should unbook one, and book moderna/pfizer

they do provide faster and better protection than astrazeneca, while being less likely to cause complications, even though the % of complications for each three is low, and all prevent bad cases up to 100%

2 minutes ago, 12345678 said:

they do provide faster and better protection than astrazeneca, while being less likely to cause complications, even though the % of complications for each three is low, and all prevent bad cases up to 100%

Imo, the quicker you can get your vac the better no matter what brand it is. But if that edge case really bothers you, then pick pfizer.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

4 hours ago, 12345678 said:

So having no idea what politicians did think to roll out moderna/pfizer for my age group, I booked astrazeneca, but a short after they decided to roll out moderna/pfizer for my age group (they do start from 6/7 days apart from today, for booking)

so I could unbook the astrazeneca shot (I need to do it tomorrow), and wait the 10/11th to book other vax

both moderna/pfizer do provide more effectiness to prevent it, they are also more faster to provide full coverage than astrazeneca (3/4 week apart for the second shot, 4~8 week apart for the second shot for astrazeneca)

moderna/pfizer for my age group provide less % of complications, for astrazeneca 1.9 people out 100k died, while for moderna/pfizer 4.5 people out a milion died, so moderna/pfizer are 50 times less likely to cause bad things to happen than astrazeneca

You can look at it from the opposite perspective.

AZ is a 'traditional' modified virus vaccine (modified Monkey virus + C19 spike protean).

Mod/Pf are mRNA based vaccines. (synthetic messenger RNA interact with cells to instruct a response)

Out of the 2, the method which has more '?' for long term effects are the mRNA ones.

That being said, the chances of anything going wrong with either ..even in the long term is slim.

In the end the choice is yours (i hope), dont feel pressured to do either if ur unsure.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

also some of the mRNA ones, and how close covid is with certain other viruses?

so it could protect against other types too, dont quite remember which one or how it goes.

29 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

You can look at it from the opposite perspective.

AZ is a 'traditional' modified virus vaccine (modified Monkey virus + C19 spike protean).

Mod/Pf are mRNA based vaccines. (synthetic messenger RNA interact with cells to instruct a response)

Out of the 2, the method which has more '?' for long term effects are the mRNA ones.

statistics does say to me that moderna/pfizer are less risky

for the long end all of three are incognitas

That being said, the chances of anything going wrong with either ..even in the long term is slim.

In the end the choice is yours (i hope), dont feel pressured to do either if ur unsure.

well for doing az, I was pressured

if it were all my choice, I would have waited some weeks to see what happens

8 hours ago, 12345678 said:

The efficacy numbers are basically meaningless when comparing different vaccines.

Why? Because those numbers were collected during different timeframes, in different countries, with wildly different COVID infection rates and different strains.

The best COVID vaccine (at least among Pfizer, Moderna and AZ) is the first one you can get. The risks for AZ might be slightly higher (especially due to Blood clotting), but the risks are so low for any of them that I personally wouldn't be worried unless you have specific risk factors for blood clotting.

Don't overthink it too much.

But if you want to wait for the mRNA ones - well, no one can stop you.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Here AZ hasn't been authorised, it's just Pfizer/Moderna and you don't get to choose, you get what's available, usually Moderna unless you have a condition that makes Pfizer more appropriate. Makes it pretty simple.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Quebec allowing earlier 2nd doses. At 31 my reschedule can start on June 21st.

I'm currently at September 15th.

Congrats Canada!  Keep it going!  The more people with first dosages we get the more people with second dosages we can get!

6in10.png.b0892d4eb77be9669adad2c542546001.png

And...Dang it America, WTF?  How did you people ever help us beat the Nazis?  Your country is swimming in vaccine and hold a lot of the direct manufacturing of them.  I'm pretty sure 'Moderna' is now one of your sauce options when you order Chicken McNuggets!

americapercent.png.2e363896cb52e5f1be7727652c27c7ec.png

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

14 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

The efficacy numbers are basically meaningless when comparing different vaccines.

Why? Because those numbers were collected during different timeframes, in different countries, with wildly different COVID infection rates and different strains.

The best COVID vaccine (at least among Pfizer, Moderna and AZ) is the first one you can get. The risks for AZ might be slightly higher (especially due to Blood clotting), but the risks are so low for any of them that I personally wouldn't be worried unless you have specific risk factors for blood clotting.

you're right, the risk factors between az and the other two is just 4 time of difference (0.0019 vs 0.00045 ) while covid is respectively 52 or 222 times more likely

and that's what I did, I delayed the vax to tuesday 😕

for some reasons I keep doing the opposite of what everybody suggest to me 🤦

all the reputable guys that I do "know", suggested to me to do it asap, even the least reputable suggested the same, and the drugstore's girl, said y'know that's more likely to get covid right? while another one was looked perplexed

fuckin indecision

I heard our Director-General of Health, Dr Bloomfield said COVID wasn't even half through. Probably right sadly enough. I think many poorer countries will be playing catch-up for years to come. Quarantine-free travel will be a 2022 thing I think. 

On 6/5/2021 at 6:02 AM, dalekphalm said:

I wish more people thought like you, rather than listing to the conspiracists and media poo-pooing efficacy numbers and all the minute AEs. They're all pretty much 90% with two doses apart from Sinovac. People don't realise 90% efficacy is a hugely fantastic figure. 

so this rule applies to how to deal with less dev or infrasture wise countries .

so my late father use to deal with sewage and water.

a large plant.

so in general the large plant QA would be pretty good.

its when you get to smaller or less funded plants.

lets say a rv park. mistakes or small out breaks happen.  those are the ones to watch where a virus can spread easly to a small amount of poeple. but then those interacte with largest amount of people within a week time.

then you have a much larger out break happen.

hell this goes back in history of the usa out how out breaks happen and clean water.

we take clean water very much for granted now.

even at current decent lvl of how the system works in the usa.

we dont have no where near the lvl of out breaks around 100 years ago. give or take a few years.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

On 6/6/2021 at 11:29 AM, RorzNZ said:

I think many poorer countries will be playing catch-up for years to come.

This makes me even more sad but nonetheless true. 

I may have experienced a minor reaction to the Moderna vaccine. I got the 1st dose on May 28 and yesterday I had a very noticeable red spot on my injection site. It was slightly itchy, but went away later in the day. Odd.

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 11:08 AM Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
<lkml@metux.net> wrote:
>
> And I know *a lot* of people who will never take part in this generic
> human experiment that basically creates a new humanoid race (people
> who generate and exhaust the toxic spike proteine, whose gene sequence
> doesn't look quote natural). I'm one of them, as my whole family.

Please keep your insane and technically incorrect anti-vax comments to yourself.

You don't know what you are talking about, you don't know what mRNA
is, and you're spreading idiotic lies. Maybe you do so unwittingly,
because of bad education. Maybe you do so because you've talked to
"experts" or watched youtube videos by charlatans that don't know what
they are talking about.

But dammit, regardless of where you have gotten your mis-information
from, any Linux kernel discussion list isn't going to have your
idiotic drivel pass uncontested from me.

Vaccines have saved the lives of literally tens of millions of people.

Just for your edification in case you are actually willing to be
educated: mRNA doesn't change your genetic sequence in any way. It is
the exact same intermediate - and temporary - kind of material that
your cells generate internally all the time as part of your normal
cell processes, and all that the mRNA vaccines do is to add a dose
their own specialized sequence that then makes your normal cell
machinery generate that spike protein so that your body learns how to
recognize it.

The half-life of mRNA is a few hours. Any injected mRNA will be all
gone from your body in a day or two. It doesn't change anything
long-term, except for that natural "your body now knows how to
recognize and fight off a new foreign protein" (which then tends to
fade over time too, but lasts a lot longer than a few days). And yes,
while your body learns to fight off that foreign material, you may
feel like shit for a while. That's normal, and it's your natural
response to your cells spending resources on learning how to deal with
the new threat.

And of the vaccines, the mRNA ones are the most modern, and the most
targeted - exactly because they do *not* need to have any of the other
genetic material that you traditionally have in a vaccine (ie no need
for basically the whole - if weakened - bacterial or virus genetic
material). So the mRNA vaccines actually have *less* of that foreign
material in them than traditional vaccines do. And  a *lot* less than
the very real and actual COVID-19 virus that is spreading in your
neighborhood.

Honestly, anybody who has told you differently, and who has told you
that it changes your genetic material, is simply uneducated.  You need
to stop believing the anti-vax lies, and you need to start protecting
your family and the people around you.  Get vaccinated.

I think you are in Germany, and COVID-19 numbers are going down. It's
spreading a lot less these days, largely because people around you
have started getting the vaccine - about half having gotten their
first dose around you, and about a quarter being fully vaccinated. If
you and your family are more protected these days, it's because of all
those other people who made the right choice, but it's worth noting
that as you see the disease numbers go down in your neighborhood,
those diminishing numbers are going to predominantly be about people
like you and your family.

So don't feel all warm and fuzzy about the fact that covid cases have
dropped a lot around you. Yes, all those vaccinated people around you
will protect you too, but if there is another wave, possibly due to a
more transmissible version - you and your family will be at _much_
higher risk than those vaccinated people because of your ignorance and
mis-information.

Get vaccinated. Stop believing the anti-vax lies.

And if you insist on believing in the crazy conspiracy theories, at
least SHUT THE HELL UP about it on Linux kernel discussion lists.

Linus

I thought it was worth sharing, that Linus (the other one) doesn't put up with the absolutely insane COVID vaccine conspiracy theories.