COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
5 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Not exactly COVID news, but somewhat related ; Moderna used what it learned on the mRNA COVID vaccine and is applying it to a new flu vaccine, they started trials for mRNA flu vaccines, specifically targeting 4 flu viruses (H1N1, H3N2, Yamagata and Victoria).

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/07/mrna-vaccine-technology-moves-to-flu-moderna-says-trial-has-begun/

thought this was talked about since the mRNA release of the vaccine.

But unsure what and when it would be a thing or tested.

A lot of spike protein kind of similar and could go towards or rather against other similar viruses. Thought some of it was going to be implemented into the covid vaccine or if the covid mRNA vaccine build something that can still help (although not maybe in the same protective category?). Has been some many vaccines that is a bit confusing on following what each have or news around them (as the vaccines that are not released or planned or just testing).

Covid-19: it’s free real estate.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/08/fans-banned-from-tokyo-olympics-as-japan-declares-emergency/

It’s surprising how we beat Japan in one way with the pandemic and that is the US’s vaccine roll out. Only 15% of eligible people in Japan are fully vaccinated.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

22 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

I'm now fully 5G compliant !!!

@sub68 *fist bump*

It was today for you too? 

I arrived 15-20 minutes early and they didn't care. Didn't even need my first vaccination certificate either. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 hour ago, wkdpaul said:

@sub68 *fist bump*

c873dc2a531fcadab31f39f453e5512a.gif

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

2 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Yeah !! *high five*

2 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

I arrived 15-20 minutes early and they didn't care. Didn't even need my first vaccination certificate either. 

When I showed up, I learned the vaccination center beside me is also a "no appointment" one ! lol

So I could've dropped by earlier !!!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

4 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

For my appointment, they were able to look up my complete COVID vaccination details using my Healthcard - whatever database and connected system Ontario is using seems to be working really well in that regard.

They could tell which vaccine and at what pharmacy I got it at for my first dose.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

For my appointment, they were able to look up my complete COVID vaccination details using my Healthcard - whatever database and connected system Ontario is using seems to be working really well in that regard.

They could tell which vaccine and at what pharmacy I got it at for my first dose.

In Canadian healthcare they can find out stuff without faxes?? 

8 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

I loved that part — they just scanned my health card, confirmed a couple of details and it was off to get my jab.

6 minutes ago, Commodus said:

I loved that part — they just scanned my health card, confirmed a couple of details and it was off to get my jab.

Same here, BTW, he was just making jokes about how some hospitals and clinics are still using paper and using fax when exchanging information (at least here in Qc).

11 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Haha yeah apparently for some things.

We don't seem to have a fully connected digital database for all healthcare matters though - many Doctors offices use their own digital files, which may or may not be compatible with others. Some doctors only use the bare minimum they are required to.

There's still a lot of work needed to be done in that regard, but frankly, this was an excellent proof of concept that a connected digital system *can* work, and can work well.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Heart absolutely breaks when I see Brazil on the news re COVID. Although I do get grumpy with NZ - just goes to show how lucky we are with semi-competent leadership and administration, as well as having low population density. 

Woke up with a sore arse arm. 

Would still vaxx again. 

So conspiracy favorite (in the French-speaking world) Dr. Didier Raoult just advocated for the vaccination of medical personnel and people depending on their risk factors.

Well, looks like my trip might be cancelled. For the third time.

image0.png?width=282&height=610

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

Well, looks like my trip might be cancelled. For the third time.

Cheers, to the most greatest nation in the world that... Checks notes...  Can't even roll of enough of it's sleeves to fight a pandemic.  ...Wait, this can't be right, can it?  It is?  ...Embarrasing...

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

16 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Woke up with a sore arse arm. 

Would still vaxx again. 

Felt like shit yesterday afternoon, couldn't move my arm without some good amount of pain (like I got punched real hard). Didn't have any fever, but felt like it.

Would still do it again !!!!

14 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

So conspiracy favorite (in the French-speaking world) Dr. Didier Raoult just advocated for the vaccination of medical personnel and people depending on their risk factors.

Conspiracy theorists about COVID are now advocating wearing masks and social distancing, because apparently vaccinated people are "shedding" dangerous stuff that alters DNA ... What ever, if that convince them to start following mask and social distancing mandates, it's a good thing, though it might not help much if they're not doing it around unvaccinated or people at risk.

13 minutes ago, SGT-AMD said:

Even though my immune system is compromised, I still had both shots, and had no issues at all.

You're actually more likely to have no issue, the reason you get bad after being vaccinated is precisely because if the immune response it triggers, it's with a strong immune system that you're more likely to get wrecked...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 minutes ago, SGT-AMD said:

Lately, the doctors are more worried about my heartrate than anything else. They keep changing the drugs around to try and get a rate of around 100. It was consistantly 110-170 (when I got up, it took off to 170), and they were not happy about that.

Changing drugs is not always great, if it's often be careful about conflicts it might cause.

Spoiler

have they checked your blood flow too? but yeah your current situation sounds like it's closing in on a heart attack?

Also if certain "relaxation" drugs or weed has ever been tried? I guess they could cause other problems, but might help the body/rate to calm down a little or doing the opposite (seems like I just see mixed responses on that, increase by 20-50% at times or sometimes calming it down). Also if they think about messing with heart "pipes", if there is something they can do there? (kind of painful and can change the flow rate and beat, if it's an option).

16 hours ago, CerealExperimentsLain said:

Cheers, to the most greatest nation in the world that... Checks notes...  Can't even roll of enough of it's sleeves to fight a pandemic.  ...Wait, this can't be right, can it?  It is?  ...Embarrasing...

I think our restrictions are what are doing it. Look at how easy it is to come to the US for tourism, and even inter state travel. Always has been through this whole thing. 
Then you have the people that think being vaccinated means you can't carry it. 

Then there's the people that are having a hard time coming to terms with the whole "The world doesn't revolve around America" that has always been around, but is even more evident during the last 2 years.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Must admit I'm in below nose mode now when it comes to the mask mandate. Dunno what Québec is doing, AFAIK it's over in BC, Saskatchewan, and Alberta. It's like 30C.

16 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Must admit I'm in below nose mode now when it comes to the mask mandate. Dunno what Québec is doing, AFAIK it's over in BC, Saskatchewan, and Alberta. It's like 30C.

Please keep your mask above your nose. While you're probably not going to spread anything if you're fully vaccinated, the nose is arguably the most likely source of virus if you are carrying it. Besides, it'll encourage others to do the right thing.

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

Please keep your mask above your nose. While you're probably not going to spread anything if you're fully vaccinated, the nose is arguably the most likely source of virus if you are carrying it. Besides, it'll encourage others to do the right thing.

Mandate is over nearly everywhere in North America, and they're following CDC guidelines.

7 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Mandate is over nearly everywhere in North America, and they're following CDC guidelines.

I know, but if you're in a place where you've been asked to wear a mask, you might as well do it right. It's safer and gives people (especially children) the right message.