COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul

More details of the virus has been discovered.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/health/coronavirus-unveiled.html

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

7 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

This is why I was frustrated with those people demanding loosened restrictions a few weeks earlier because hospitals weren't at capacity. In a pandemic, hospitalizations don't grow at a linear rate — capacity can go from "fine" to "hope you don't mind dying at home" very quickly. And many forget that hospitalizations and deaths tend to lag infections, so what seems not-so-bad at first can prove to be pretty horrific in a few weeks' time.

42 minutes ago, Commodus said:

This is why I was frustrated with those people demanding loosened restrictions a few weeks earlier because hospitals weren't at capacity. In a pandemic, hospitalizations don't grow at a linear rate — capacity can go from "fine" to "hope you don't mind dying at home" very quickly. And many forget that hospitalizations and deaths tend to lag infections, so what seems not-so-bad at first can prove to be pretty horrific in a few weeks' time.

Not just that, but in an emergency, people with non-emergency tests, treatments and surgery will be put aside.

They estimate they may have missed thousands of cases of cancer in my province because preventive testing and examinations have been delayed or completely cancelled in some heavy hit areas (when they compared to previous years number of cases).

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Now we're cookin'. The usual protest where no maskers get to express themselfs

Unfortunately, only 90 people got fined between 400-1000€.

At 3:35, a dude handing out flyers of his funeral home lol

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

Just now, Andreas Lilja said:

Well, let me be clear. Use to live the college life. You are literally poor as poor can be. Many are building up a stock pile of debt to go to school. To be honest, not surprised. On the positive note, they earn a little extra cash. On the other note, DEATH is one of the few ways your student loans are forgiven. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

https://www.sciencealert.com/study-gives-more-evidence-that-blood-type-may-change-covid-19-risk-and-severity

We Just Got More Evidence Your Blood Type May Change COVID-19 Risk And Severity

author logo
AYLIN WOODWARD, BUSINESS INSIDER
16 OCTOBER 2020

Research is coalescing around the idea that people with Type O blood may have a slight advantage during this pandemic

Two studies published this week suggest that people with Type O have a lower risk of getting the coronavirus, as well as a reduced likelihood of getting severely sick if they do get infected.

One of the new studies specifically found that COVID-19 patients with Type O or B blood spent less time in an intensive-care unit than their counterparts with Type A or AB. They were also less likely to require ventilation and less likely to experience kidney failure.

These new findings echo similar findings about Type O blood seen in previous research, creating a clearer picture of one particular coronavirus risk factor.

Patients with Type O or B blood had less severe COVID-19 

Both new studies came out Wednesday in the journal Blood AdvancesOne looked at 95 critically ill COVID-19 patients at hospitals in Vancouver, Canada, between February and April.

They found that patients with Type O or B blood spent, on average, 4.5 fewer days in the intensive-care unit than those with Type A or AB blood. The latter group stayed, on average, 13.5 days in the ICU. The researchers did not see any link between blood type and the length of each patient's total hospital stay, however.

They did, however, find that only 61 percent of the patients with Type O or B blood required a ventilator, compared to 84 percent of patients with Type A or AB.

Patients with Type A or AB, meanwhile, were also more likely to need dialysis, a procedure that helps the kidneys filter toxins from the blood.

"Patients in these two blood groups may have an increased risk of organ dysfunction or failure due to COVID-19 than people with blood types O or B," the study authors concluded.

A June study found a similar link: Patients in Italy and Spain with Type O blood had a 50 percent reduced risk of severe coronavirus infection (meaning they needed intubation or supplemental oxygen) compared to patients with other blood types.

People with Type O blood had 'reduced susceptibility' to infection

The second new study found that people with Type O blood may be at a lower risk of getting he coronavirus in the first place relative to people with other blood types.

The team examined nearly half a million people in the Netherlands who were tested for COVID-19 between late February and late July. Of the roughly 4,600 people who tested positive and reported their blood type, 38.4 percent had Type O blood. 

That's lower than the prevalence of Type O in a population of 2.2 million Danish people, 41.7 percent, so the researchers determined that people with Type O blood had disproportionately avoided infection.

"Blood group O is significantly associated with reduced susceptibility," the authors wrote.

Other studies found a similar link between blood type and COVID-19 risk

In general, your blood type depends on the presence or absence of proteins called A and B antigens on the surface of red blood cells - a genetic trait inherited from your parents. People with O blood have neither antigen. It's the most common blood type: About 48 percent of Americans have Type O blood, according to the Oklahoma Blood Institute

The new studies about blood type and coronavirus risk align with prior research on the topic. A study published in July found that people with Type O were less likely to test positive for COVID-19 than those with other blood types. An April study, too, (though it has yet to be peer-reviewed) found that among 1,559 coronavirus patients in New York City, a lower proportion than would be expected had Type O blood.

And in March, a study of more than 2,100 coronavirus patients in the Chinese cities of Wuhan and Shenzhen also found that people with Type O blood had a lower risk of infection.

Past research has also suggested that people with Type O blood were less susceptible to SARS, which shares 80 percent of its genetic code with the new coronavirus. A 2005 study in Hong Kong found that most individuals infected with SARS had non-O blood types. 

Despite this growing body of evidence, however, Mypinder Sekhon, a co-author of the Vancouver study, said the link is still tenuous. 

"I don't think this supersedes other risk factors of severity like age and comorbidities and so forth," he told CNN, adding, "if one is blood group A, you don't need to start panicking. And if you're blood group O, you're not free to go to the pubs and bars."

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

17 minutes ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

-snip-

Fortunately I'm O-Negative so that's good for me.

Also makes my blood a universal donor (though if I need blood, I'm a little fucked xD)

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Fortunately I'm O-Negative so that's good for me.

Also makes my blood a universal donor (though if I need blood, I'm a little fucked xD)

Same here I'm type O

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

Don’t know my blood type but I have to be either AB or just A or B from knowing my mom’s. Nice knowing y’all.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

https://gbdeclaration.org/

Great Barrington Declaration - Over 10,000 experts and doctors sign a petition against the policy in place for Covid-19. Lock downs is not the answer.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2768396

Scientific blog with current evidence by Michael Klompush, MD about Covid-19 transmission and the use of mask and social distancing with Covid-19 being aerosol.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/youtube-facebook-split-removal-doctors-viral-coronavirus-videos-n1195276

Doctors removed for having data that suggest lock downs and masks are the not answer.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/04/07/covid19-death-certificate-change-stirs-controversy

Death certificates changes made by the CDC that would inflate Covid-19 numbers.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/vsrg/vsrg03-508.pdf

The actual PDF file of CDC guideline regarding Covid-19, proving that it was changed regarding Covid-19. Why? Not sure.

-------------

I cannot find this reputable doctor on Youtube who discussed in detail (almost 4 hours long) the experiments, data, and reports about virus transmission being airborne. It was removed by Youtube. The doctor discuss in experimental details that we lack experimental data that proves virus (influenza) is airborne. We know through sound experimental research that viruses (influenza) can be pass down through food and intake of such food. The latest experimental data we have regarding influenza transmission being airborne was during the Spanish Flu (1918.) And the result was inconclusive or only by speculation. And it's astonishing how we use this speculation as if it was proven without multiple experimental data to back it up.

If influenza can be transmitted by being airborne... The question still remain why 2 out of 5 living in the same household would test positive for virus, but the other 3 tested negative. We all have been in this situation before once in our lifetime. One of our family member is sick, living in the same household, but not everyone will get the virus. Regardless how you feel, there are conclusive research that proves influenza and covid-19 is very similar.

------------

Another take by Jeff Barke, MD.

O positive

Time to stop wearing a mask I guess

It's a joke, just in case it wasn't clear enough

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

18 hours ago, c00face said:

Over 10,000 experts and doctors sign a petition against the policy in place for Covid-19. Lock downs is not the answer.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/09/herd-immunity-letter-signed-fake-experts-dr-johnny-bananas-covid

Wiki has an exhaustive article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Barrington_Declaration

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

19 hours ago, c00face said:

Great Barrington Declaration - Over 10,000 experts and doctors sign a petition against the policy in place for Covid-19. Lock downs is not the answer.

Pointless in multiple people opinion since anyone can sign and identify themselves as Dr without proper verifications, so no, it wasn't sign by 10,000 experts and doctors.

Also ;

As immunity builds in the population, the risk of infection to all – including the vulnerable – falls.

That's an unknown, there are more and more cases of reinfection.

COVID-19 is a coronavirus, same family of virus as the influenza (but not the same in term of symptoms, gravity of mortality), we have a limited immunity to those, that's why we require yearly vaccines. COVID-19 might be the same for our immune system, where it only offers a limited short term immunity.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2768396

Scientific blog with current evidence by Michael Klompush, MD about Covid-19 transmission and the use of mask and social distancing with Covid-19 being aerosol.

On the surface, this looks well sourced, but it's not ;

Experimental data support the possibility that SARS-CoV-2 may be transmitted by aerosols[...]

Everything that relates to aerosol vs droplets transmission isn't well sourced. The article mentions studies but doesn't have any sources, it only sources the N95 vs surgical metastudy, not the previously mentioned studies about aerosols and droplets.

It also concludes at the end that COVID-19 is probably droplets, and at the beginning of the article, it clearly states that using any face masks is the way to go if it's droplets ... So, yeah, it seems like it's all for the current regulations in place ;

If SARS-CoV-2 is primarily spread by respiratory droplets, wearing a medical mask, face shield, or keeping 6 feet apart from other individuals should be adequate to prevent transmission. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/youtube-facebook-split-removal-doctors-viral-coronavirus-videos-n1195276

Doctors removed for having data that suggest lock downs and masks are the not answer.

This dates from April, and those 2 doctors were wrong. A simple look at the current death toll in the USA will clearly show they were completely wrong, and their statement was dangerous.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/04/07/covid19-death-certificate-change-stirs-controversy

Death certificates changes made by the CDC that would inflate Covid-19 numbers.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/vsrg/vsrg03-508.pdf

The actual PDF file of CDC guideline regarding Covid-19, proving that it was changed regarding Covid-19. Why? Not sure.

Not sure why it was changed. But that doesn't prove anything, so not sure what the point of that was?

I cannot find this reputable doctor on Youtube [...]

If it was removed, then chances are it was misinformation like the YT video above that you mentioned.

Another take by Jeff Barke, MD.

Haven't had time to watch that one yet...

Yeah ok, couldn't go further than a few minutes in .... The comparison to car accidents and swimming pool drowning is 101 whataboutism.

Car accidents ; people need a license to drive, and then, we have tons of laws on how to properly drive, and security (seat belts, crumple zones, air bags, etc...).

And swimming pools are the same, public swimming pools need certified lifeguards, and private ones require proper fencing to keep kids out.

After looking it up, PragerU is a poor media source with a bad track record and a heavy neoconservative bias. So no thanks to this channel.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

A doctor came through my line who also works with keeping track of covid numbers. She said around thanksgiving my city will reach the strictest tier if we keep going with the current case count.

Haven’t been following the news as much.

*surprised pikachu face*

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

I really hope that COVID starts a conversation about the quantity of air travel and especially tourism in the global society. Widespread travel and tourism was part of the reason why the virus blew up so quickly. I hope people, companies, and governments take a long hard look at the necessity of unfettered tourism as it was last year and before that.

7 hours ago, sora.sky said:

necessity of unfettered tourism as it was last year and before that.

Well if you want mass profits, this is what has to happen. Tourism brings in revenue for both companies and governments. Plus the fact is we are a Global society now, you cant put that back in the bottle. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

10 hours ago, sora.sky said:

I really hope that COVID starts a conversation about the quantity of air travel and especially tourism in the global society. Widespread travel and tourism was part of the reason why the virus blew up so quickly. I hope people, companies, and governments take a long hard look at the necessity of unfettered tourism as it was last year and before that.

Frankly, this is never going to happen. The minute that COVID seems like a distant memory, widespread mass tourism will resume.

It's how a large portion of the world makes money. Instead of trying to isolate people back into their own countries and prevent travel and tourism, we need to look at ways to enact swift measures to slow/stop these kinds of outbreaks.

You literally cannot stop globalism - as much as some isolationist political groups wish you could.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

13 hours ago, sora.sky said:

Why would you want to restrict tourism as long as it's safe?

To borrow the quote attributed to Mark Twain: "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."

Arguably, part of why countries like the US end up as twisted as they do is because large chunks of the population never leave the country, let alone to visit countries where there's a significant change in culture (even including Europe). You get a much more holistic view of humanity when you realize that most of the world doesn't look or act like you.

11 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Why would you want to restrict tourism as long as it's safe?

To borrow the quote attributed to Mark Twain: "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."

Arguably, part of why countries like the US end up as twisted as they do is because large chunks of the population never leave the country, let alone to visit countries where there's a significant change in culture (even including Europe). You get a much more holistic view of humanity when you realize that most of the world doesn't look or act like you.

Tourism is not sustainable as we know it. Travel in Mark Twain's time was completely different to ours and required a much larger commitment on the traveler. Pre-COVID it was stupid easy to move about between countries if you wanted to. Additionally, the validity of that quote is to be questioned as we now have a highly literate populace and vastly inter connected global society thanks to the internet.

If one really wanted to learn about a culture, they can read books, watch well researched and produced documentaries, and befriend members of that culture on chats and forums before even considering making the trip abroad. Most people, especially Americans, don't do that and just travel for the sake of fake points on social media or to cross things off their "bucket list"

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Frankly, this is never going to happen. The minute that COVID seems like a distant memory, widespread mass tourism will resume.

It's how a large portion of the world makes money.

6 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Well if you want mass profits, this is what has to happen. Tourism brings in revenue for both companies and governments. Plus the fact is we are a Global society now, you cant put that back in the bottle. 

Fair enough. Its just in my travels, I've talked to locals, guides, and business owners who express a sentiment that they appreciate the money coming in, but loathe the damage tourism has done to their culture, cities, and nature. Many state and federal park rangers I encountered while living in Hawaii have expressed a desire to artificially limit the amount of tourists through means like hard caps on hotel rooms/rentals and pricing out tourists through high taxes on lodging and airplane fares.

I hoped that the near absolute decimation of the travel and tourism industries globally due to the pandemic would lead to people developing means to survive and thrive without tourists crowding their locales, along with the masses being habituated to no longer going out. Thus we could have a conversation about the true necessity of mass tourism.

4 minutes ago, sora.sky said:

Tourism is not sustainable as we know it. Travel in Mark Twain's time was completely different to ours and required a much larger commitment on the traveler. Pre-COVID it was stupid easy to move about between countries if you wanted to. Additionally, the validity of that quote is to be questioned as we now have a highly literate populace and vastly inter connected global society thanks to the internet.

Depends on the place - some places have highly literate populaces - some don't.

If one really wanted to learn about a culture, they can read books, watch well researched and produced documentaries, and befriend members of that culture on chats and forums before even considering making the trip abroad.

Reading about another culture and visiting it are so different that it's not even remotely comparable.

Most people, especially Americans, don't do that and just travel for the sake of fake points on social media or to cross things off their "bucket list"

Who cares why they do it? Crossing something off your bucket list is 100% a valid reason to travel to a new culture.

Fair enough. Its just in my travels, I've talked to locals, guides, and business owners who express a sentiment that they appreciate the money coming in, but loathe the damage tourism has done to their culture, cities, and nature. Many state and federal park rangers I encountered while living in Hawaii have expressed a desire to artificially limit the amount of tourists through means like hard caps on hotel rooms/rentals and pricing out tourists through high taxes on lodging and airplane fares.

All this would accomplish is to ensure that only the very wealthy can travel. Do you want that to happen? I sure as hell don't.

I hoped that the near absolute decimation of the travel and tourism industries globally due to the pandemic would lead to people developing means to survive and thrive without tourists crowding their locales, along with the masses being habituated to no longer going out. Thus we could have a conversation about the true necessity of mass tourism.

Mass tourism should be expanded, if anything, not the opposite. You can create means to protect local culture and prevent damage (have stricter laws, for example).

21 hours ago, sora.sky said:

If one really wanted to learn about a culture, they can read books, watch well researched and produced documentaries, and befriend members of that culture on chats and forums before even considering making the trip abroad. Most people, especially Americans, don't do that and just travel for the sake of fake points on social media or to cross things off their "bucket list"

Why is easy movement between countries a bad thing as long as it's safe? We should be encouraging more connectedness, not scaling it back. We're one species, and if we're going to last long we need to recognize that with our movement.

And I'm sorry, but books, chats and documentaries only take you so far. It's good to brush up before you go, but the best way to truly understand a culture is to immerse yourself in it. Whatever your motivations for travel, you're still more likely to appreciate things by witnessing them first-hand.

For example, I've been to Barcelona a couple of times. Sure, you can read about the architecture, food and neighborhoods, but it's something else entirely to see that mix of classic and hypermodern buildings right in front of you, to see a tapas bar on seemingly every corner, to know what Plaça d'Espanya or the Passeig Maritim is like. For that matter, there's all the little things that are hard to quantify, like European social attitudes (Barcelona had protests the last time I went). And this is a culture that's relatively close to North America's — I'd love to go to someplace like Bhutan and have a truly different experience.

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

Ah, well. You can really tell that people are going crazy again now that the second wave basically started "officially". The hoarding starts again and a lot of stores are VERY limited in terms of noodles, flour and toilet paper. What the hell do people want with tons of toilet paper? They should still have tons of it left from the last wave.

Interesting, I didn't notice the new wave of toilet paper hoarders here in Austria yet. What I did notice is that there is a lot of uncertainty among people what new restrictions will/might be coming in the near future. From what I read, experts here believe that private gatherings are a main contributor to the infection rate. We now have restrictions on private gatherings in public places starting from friday. For all the other (privately owned) places, these restrictions are only non-enforceable guidelines, because such regulations wouldn't be legally feasible there.

15 minutes ago, Benji said:

Ah, well. You can really tell that people are going crazy again now that the second wave basically started "officially". The hoarding starts again and a lot of stores are VERY limited in terms of noodles, flour and toilet paper. What the hell do people want with tons of toilet paper? They should still have tons of it left from the last wave.

No hoarding here yet - but things haven’t spun out of control yet either. 

The TP thing is that they are worried stores are going to shut down and they won’t be able to buy more. In some countries that might be a legitimate worry - not in Canada though.