Xbox Series X

The1Dickens

Project Scarlett has a face, and an official name.

Xbox Series X

From a technical standpoint, this will manifest as world-class visuals in 4K at 60FPS, with possibility of up to 120FPS, including support for Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), and 8K capability. Powered by our custom-designed processor leveraging the latest Zen 2 and next generation RDNA architecture from our partners at AMD, Xbox Series X will deliver hardware accelerated ray tracing and a new level of performance never before seen in a console.  Additionally, our patented Variable Rate Shading (VRS) technology will allow developers to get even more out of the Xbox Series X GPU and our next-generation SSD will virtually eliminate load times and bring players into their gaming worlds faster than ever before.

All the stuff we have heard about previously, at least in writing officially now.

Thanks to backward compatibility, you can expect your gaming legacy, thousands of your favorite games across four generations of gaming, all your Xbox One gaming accessories, and industry-leading services like Xbox Game Pass to be available when you power on your Xbox Series X in Holiday 2020.

Claiming to have backwards compatibility from Gen1 Xbox up through to Xbox One available on day 1.

Doesn't say how many titles will be available at launch, but Halo: Infinite will be (so far, assuming no delays), and it also looks like Hellblade 2 will be (the trailer is in the article).

Depending on how this next year goes, and what other games are available at launch, I might find myself picking one of these up. I actually like the design, though I have a feeling it'll be divisive. They say there will be a new base controller, but I haven't seen anything on it yet, as well as the new Elite 2. Not quite sure how I feel about the name, though, and I can't really think of any way to follow the previous naming conventions. It's not the worst, but it does sound like it's allowing for some sort of sub-sets/variations/customizations (customized/themed consoles, etc.).

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

Not to be confused with the Xbox one X. 

The last couple of generations haven't been kind to Xbox.

1 minute ago, Belgarathian said:

Their systems, no. But the services and features they've brought out have been phenomenal.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Their systems, no. But the services and features they've brought out have been phenomenal.

I was talking about the naming scheme 

Looks like an ITX box.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

strongly recommend that microsoft launch a gaming pc like the new xbox x series called xbox gaming pc like the  corsair one

The name is pretty dumb, and I hope they change it. Why can't they just stick with the much cooler code names?

Anyways, I don't like that it's vertical, makes it very weird to place in the typical TV entertainment center. Hopefully you'll be able to lay it down, though it still looks pretty thick that way too.

We also designed Xbox Series X to support both vertical and horizontal orientation.

Oh. Okay then. According to that YT thumbnail, it's about as wide as a controller... Hmm. That does make it slightly thicker than my AVR, and a hell of a lot thicker than any other console. I don't even like that my standard sized AVR is as big as it is.

Alongside Xbox Series X, we also unveiled the new Xbox Wireless Controller. Its size and shape have been refined to accommodate an even wider range of people, and it also features a new Share button to make capturing screenshots and game clips simple and an advanced d-pad derived from the Xbox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller.

Great. So I actually now have no reference to size, and I just hope the share button doesn't take the place of the... I'm still calling it a start and back/select button. I hate that on the PS4.

The possibilities of what Xbox Series X enables developers to achieve was also brought to life this evening with the unveiling of Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II. A sequel to the award-winning Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice from world-renowned developers Ninja Theory, the game is being built to leverage the full power of Xbox Series X.  The footage shared tonight was captured in-engine and reflects the power of Xbox Series X available to developers to deliver new universes, experiences and games in ways you have never imagined.

Wow, they're actually calling it Senua's Saga? Amazing.

"Footage captured in-engine" Does not equal "Footage captured in-game in real time."

our next-generation SSD will virtually eliminate load times and bring players into their gaming worlds faster than ever before.

Oh, I highly doubt that. Even optane doesn't instantaneously load games.

One of the things we’re most proud of with Xbox Series X is the promise we’re delivering to our fans who have and continue to invest with Xbox. Thanks to backward compatibility, you can expect your gaming legacy, thousands of your favorite games across four generations of gaming

I'm curious if that's using the "backwards compatibility" list they have for the One, or if they actually did something new and different to more natively support older titles. It'd be rad as hell to just toss in some OG Xbox or 360 discs and not have to have those plugged in for the titles it arbitrarily doesn't support. I'm not holding my breath.

20 minutes ago, Caroline said:

you can't "verify" games without being online

What do you mean?

Not like Steam doesn't do that.

#Muricaparrotgang

31 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

So this is Xbox X?

Xbox

Xbox 360

Xbox One

Xbox One X

Xbox 10

Someone really needs to tech Bill how to count.

/s

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

our next-generation SSD will virtually eliminate load times and bring players into their gaming worlds faster than ever before.

Oh, I highly doubt that. Even optane doesn't instantaneously load games.

I would assume this means if the developers implement it in such a way, such as in Halo 2, everything loaded in as it was needed, so there was no loading screens. Yeah, things popped in sometimes, but if access speeds were that much faster, it would probably be less, if at all, noticeable. Granted, models and textures have grown in size as well, I still feel as though this could be leveraged in a way to come across as "virtually eliminated load times".

Spoiler

35 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

Well, you have the Xbox 1, the Xbox 360 (1), and the Xbox One.

This could've been Xbox First I guess. Or... 720? Just keep adding revolutions equaling up to 1?

#Muricaparrotgang

Just now, The1Dickens said:

I would assume this means if the developers implement it in such a way, such as in Halo 2, everything loaded in as it was needed, so there was no loading screens. Yeah, things popped in sometimes, but if access speeds were that much faster, it would probably be less, if at all, noticeable. Granted, models and textures have grown in size as well, I still feel as though this could be leveraged in a way to come across as "virtually eliminated load times".

By that Logic GTAV has no load times.

#Muricaparrotgang

Just now, JZStudios said:

By that Logic GTAV has no load times.

During single-player gameplay, yeah, pretty much. Though, from memory, that game has menus on menus on menus on menus that need to load what feels like everything first. Especially multiplayer... But that was forever and a day ago, so I don't know what it's like currently.

Spoiler

The one major advantage that MS will have over Sony for this console generation is VRS. Depending on how well it actually works in practice.

29 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

So this is Xbox X?

xXboXx

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It’s bold and unique, very much like our fans around the world and the team of collaborators and innovators who built it.

thanks, though this doesnt look bold and unique.Image result for xbox series x release dateI very much agree with the ability to place it horizontal and vertical, but of course, its a freakin rectangular prism

✨FNIGE✨

So its a modern HTPC that has all the nice features of an Xbox?  Sounds kinda nice actually.  Interested to see what kind of hardware is inside, along with pricing.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

16 minutes ago, Polyvalent said:

So its a modern HTPC that has all the nice features of an Xbox?  Sounds kinda nice actually.  Interested to see what kind of hardware is inside, along with pricing.

The only hardware that was known so far it's the use of an Zen 2 processor and custom Radeon graphics, and I think solid state storage.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

16 minutes ago, Polyvalent said:

Well, we already know about the hardware to a degree.  It's another custom AMD CPU/GPU combo that's supposed to be about four times faster than the Xbox One X.  It'll use an SSD for storage.  Basically, XBSX and PS5 will be closely competitive, and it'll come down to different priorities and software availability.

1 hour ago, The1Dickens said:

During single-player gameplay, yeah, pretty much. Though, from memory, that game has menus on menus on menus on menus that need to load what feels like everything first. Especially multiplayer... But that was forever and a day ago, so I don't know what it's like currently.

The game has a 5 minute loading sequence to get in game. That's not what I consider instant loading, and that type of loading system has been around since at the very least the original Xbox.

48 minutes ago, SlimyPython said:

thanks, though this doesnt look bold and unique.Image result for xbox series x release dateI very much agree with the ability to place it horizontal and vertical, but of course, its a freakin rectangular prism

Yep. I would've much preferred the typical flat and "deep" approach. I have my PS4 Pro on top of a cubby nicely underneath my desk. No way this thing is fitting there.

Also, with the top being oddly concave, just seems like it could've been that much shorter.

#Muricaparrotgang

1 hour ago, SlimyPython said:

Xx MasterXbox67 xX

Xx_DankXboxSc0peZSlayer_xX