RTX 20 Series Cards Confirmed With Pricing

Max_Settings
2 minutes ago, Brehohn said:

Honestly, if you've been in this game long enough, you would have known that wasnt true. 

He never said how "long" it would be. A year is a long time. After the demonstration, we can all FINALLY understand why they had so much focus on AI.

Looks like Linus is going to need truck loads of Canadian Rubles.

My Rig "Valiant"  Intel® Core™ i7-5930 @3.5GHz ; Asus X99 DELUXE 3.1 ; Corsair H110i ; Corsair Dominator Platinium 64GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 ; 2 x 6GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti Strix ; Corsair Obsidian Series 900D ; Samsung 950 Pro NVME + Samsung 850 Pro SATA + HDD Western Digital Black - 2TB ; Corsair AX1500i Professional 80 PLUS Titanium ; x3 Samsung S27D850T 27-Inch WQHD Monitor

12 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

People actually paying these ridiculous prices are to blame. Gamers have proven time and time again that they suck at voting with their wallets. Inb4 the resident Nvidia fanboy (not you) hits me with "hurr durr, it's not our fault you're poor" even though AMD's prices always follow Nvidia's

I'm terrible at voting with my wallet and usually get Nvidia, but the "oh you're poor? well stop being poor then" is a bad excuse when Nvidia raised the price just because of a feature that adds some lighting and shadows to a game.

40 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

It is listed under display connectors in the specs.

You do know that USB-C since day 1 has had Displayport out support through Alt Mode. but now with Vritual link you can have DP + USB3 + 27w at the same time which is what VR headsets need.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

9 minutes ago, Brehohn said:

Honestly, if you've been in this game long enough, you would have known that wasnt true. 

Maybe? This just sounds like an afterthought. 

9 minutes ago, Brehohn said:

He never said how "long" it would be. A year is a long time. After the demonstration, we can all FINALLY understand why they had so much focus on AI.

This announcement was back in June, if I recall correctly. Had it been a year, maybe I would have been a little more forgiving. "A very long time" seems like it should be longer than three months to me. 

It seems highly unlikely to me that Jen Hsun was unaware that the cards would be ready for release soon or misguided at the time he made the statement. They were (more likely than not) intentionally being misleading in order to maximize sales. 

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

Honestly I'm pretty happy with my 1080 and I don't do much AAA gaming on my rig anyways even so it still kicks ass even at stock.  I see little reason to upgrade right now.

I WANT TO SEE BENCHMARKS.

Before I open my wallet.

Not Nvidia's figures.

My Rig "Valiant"  Intel® Core™ i7-5930 @3.5GHz ; Asus X99 DELUXE 3.1 ; Corsair H110i ; Corsair Dominator Platinium 64GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 ; 2 x 6GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti Strix ; Corsair Obsidian Series 900D ; Samsung 950 Pro NVME + Samsung 850 Pro SATA + HDD Western Digital Black - 2TB ; Corsair AX1500i Professional 80 PLUS Titanium ; x3 Samsung S27D850T 27-Inch WQHD Monitor

Might get a 2070 once they even come out and when reviews come out for them, that or I might pick up a 1070 of some sort when prices die down. My 1060 struggles running 144Hz at 1080p in some games on the higher settings.

Wouldn't pre order online anyways since the customs and stuff that gets slammed on stuff coming into canada. better off waiting for newegg and other sites.

This is right now known

1) These cards are space heaters

2) They are overpriced

3) He was hiding performance the whole time

We can safely say RIP energy bill (Using more AC) for some lighting in game.  

15 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

You do know that USB-C since day 1 has had Displayport out support through Alt Mode. but now with Vritual link you can have DP + USB3 + 27w at the same time which is what VR headsets need.

I think what wasnt clear is what modes are being provided through the VirtualLink, and how much of the bandwidth is allocated to each

AMD Ryzen 3950x under a Noctua D15S, 32 Gb G Skill FlareX 3200 DDR4 running at 3200 CL14, Gigabyte Aorus Pro 570 Wifi, Gigabyte 2070 Super hooked to a Dell U2718Q 4k HDR monitor & an Acer 1440p 144hz IPS panel of some kind, an Inland 1 TB M.2 PCIE 4 main drive, a Samsung NVME M.2 250Gb, WD Blue 500Gb  and 1 TB SSDs, Corsair RMX750, Rainbows and butterflies...

15 minutes ago, dizmo said:

It's not like the 1070 is any less of a beast...

The GTX 970 launched at $329. This is launching at $499. DDR6 is 30%+ more expensive than previous memory. So that definitely plays into the price increase. Really, it's not that bad of an increase. I know more people now that play games than I did before; there's lots more people getting into it.

$499 just like the 1070 was supposed to launch at $379 but couldn't be found for that price for months?

Interestingly enough the AIB partner cards seem to be 3 slot card designs....

EVGA

image.png.1c24950fdd03a3b995406fb428f7962c.png

11G-P4-2383-KR_XL_5.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, Dionyz said:

This is right now known

1) These cards are space heaters

2) They are overpriced

3) He was hiding performance the whole time

We can safely say RIP energy bill (Using more AC) for some lighting in game.  

he always compared Ray tracing performance with no RTX cards which made me worried.

It reminds me quite a bit for PhysX

Just now, HippY said:

he always compared Ray tracing performance with no RTX cards which made me worried.

It reminds me quite a bit for PhysX

Which is why I havent gotten on the preorder bandwagon. He compared a card with no optimized circuitry for RTX with one with dedicated cores... of course the one with dedicated hardware will be faster. The question is going to be about overall performance beyond having RTX enabled... furthermore, how much of a performance hit would we see with RTX enabled

AMD Ryzen 3950x under a Noctua D15S, 32 Gb G Skill FlareX 3200 DDR4 running at 3200 CL14, Gigabyte Aorus Pro 570 Wifi, Gigabyte 2070 Super hooked to a Dell U2718Q 4k HDR monitor & an Acer 1440p 144hz IPS panel of some kind, an Inland 1 TB M.2 PCIE 4 main drive, a Samsung NVME M.2 250Gb, WD Blue 500Gb  and 1 TB SSDs, Corsair RMX750, Rainbows and butterflies...

16 minutes ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

Maybe? This just sounds like an afterthought. 

This announcement was back in June, if I recall correctly. Had it been a year, maybe I would have been a little more forgiving. "A very long time" seems like it should be longer than three months to me. 

It seems highly unlikely to me that Jen Hsun was unaware that the cards would be ready for release soon or misguided at the time he made the statement. They were more likely than not being intentionally misleading in order to maximize sales. 

It's silly that people are shocked at any tech company doing this.  What did you think NVIDIA would say? "Yeah, we totally have new stuff coming in a few months, please don't buy anything right now?"  Of course not.  The company isn't going to give you vague hints or non-answers, either.

Companies are often fine with knowledgeable customers holding back, but what they don't want to do is create an Osborne Effect where sales plummet across the board after they effectively pre-announce a new product.  That's not malicious; that's a basic business survival tactic.

20 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

$1200 is a lot of money to most people, good job or not. If the market is strong enough for their gpus that selling at $1200 maximizes their profit then of course it makes sense but damn I would have never expected an entertainment product like a graphics card to be so price inelastic. I hope they aren't, gpu surely isn't a price inelastic good like healthcare, food, or water to me. That's crazy IMO seeing the GTX 570 tier of cards go from $330 to $1200 in eight years and the GTX 560 tier go from $200 to $600 when inflation is only about 15% in that time period.

It is, but for those that are really into gaming (those that would buy flagship GPUs) it's not that big of an investment. One of my friends is on permanent disability, and even he managed to save up enough to buy one. He barely makes enough money to get by, but gaming is what he loves (some might say lives for :P). I think the pricing is high, but I also think the market has shown that it will bare the cost and there's enough people that will pay that for the experience. As for the lower tiers, they're more susceptible to price fluctuations, so you have to be more careful. When you get to the higher end, yes you'll lose some sales, but really, most people will shell out a few hundred more with only slight wincing.

I see a lot of people here saying they're casual gamers and it's priced too high. But when has a flagship product ever been meant for casuals?

Even my mountain bikes, while high end, aren't flagships. I'll drop $5k - $6k on a bike easy, but I won't go up to the $12k race models.

16 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

"why don't poor people just get more money?"

I think you found the answer and coincidentally solved poverty in the process.

If you're poor, you shouldn't be buying a flagship GPU, or even a mid tier, really. Priorities.

That's a poor argument.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Interestingly enough the AIB partner cards seem to be 3 slot card designs....

EVGA

image.png.1c24950fdd03a3b995406fb428f7962c.png

11G-P4-2383-KR_XL_5.jpg

Is that a type-c port I see ?

It might be a better idea to wait until performance reviews come out before shitting your pants about the pricing, they might have simply moved the cards a tier or two in terms of their naming conventions, so the 2070 for example might be considered high-end when the 1070 was considered mid-tier.

That or Jensen is simply pumping up the prices and laughing all the way to the bank because no AMD competition.

1 minute ago, mynameisjuan said:

Is that a type-c port I see ?

VirtualLink man

The 2060 better beat the pants of the 1080, else it would feel like a pretty meh card.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

16 minutes ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

I mean, sure?? I'm pretty happy with what I have right now. Does that take away from their being less-than-transparent? I don't think so. 

Funnily enough this is the most transparent Nvidia has ever been. We're getting the 2070, 2080 and the flagship 2080 Ti all on launch day and the naming is accurate. It just so happens that people didn't quite realise that prices had shifted upwards a whole tier last generation because the Titan naming threw them off. Just look at the Pascal Titan X. It's basically a 1080Ti.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

Just now, RyzenDoctor said:

VirtualLink man

But it also works as a standard display output.

18 minutes ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

It's actually close to 4 months because the announcement was on the 5th of June and now you need to count another month until the cards are available. 

During that time (June) everyone kind of expected new card in a week or two so him saying "not in a long time" which resulted in 4 months is quite accurate in my book.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones