no audio if mic is working

zeicko

problem starts when i buildt my new pc and installed win 11, if i use my corsair hs80 i can get windows to detect the mic, but no audio. if i connect  it again i can get audio but then the mic does not work, i have updated icue,bios,windows,drivers. but still giving me issues. i also get NOT ENOUGH USB CONTROLLER RESOURCES warning from windows maby that is why i am having issues?

everything worked fine on win 10....any ideas ?

intel 14700k

asus z790 p wifi

7 minutes ago, zeicko said:

problem starts when i buildt my new pc and installed win 11, if i use my corsair hs80 i can get windows to detect the mic, but no audio. if i connect  it again i can get audio but then the mic does not work, i have updated icue,bios,windows,drivers. but still giving me issues. i also get NOT ENOUGH USB CONTROLLER RESOURCES warning from windows maby that is why i am having issues?

everything worked fine on win 10....any ideas ?

intel 14700k

asus z790 p wifi

If you have any usb hubs, preferably a usb 2.0 hub for the sake of testing, could you try using that?

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

Right click the volume indicator on taskbar, click sounds, look at Playback tab and Recording tab. What's there?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

5 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Right click the volume indicator on taskbar, click sounds, look at Playback tab and Recording tab. What's there?

IMG_1233.jpeg

IMG_1232.jpeg

IMG_1231.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Hellowpplz said:

If you have any usb hubs, preferably a usb 2.0 hub for the sake of testing, could you try using that?

No but could buy one just for testing

6 minutes ago, zeicko said:

No but could buy one just for testing

I wouldn't, only as a last resort. Kind of a jank solution so just wait for if anything else fixes it.

Good thing is they aren't too expensive. Found one on sale for $4.78 USD on amazon

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

1 minute ago, Hellowpplz said:

I wouldn't, only as a last resort. Kind of a jank solution so just wait for if anything else fixes it.

Do not think it needed. I have a keyboard mouse and headset via usb. Should not even be any trouble for windows?

What USB do you connect headset too?
Maybe try another port, preferable one directly from the motherboard (usually back of PC).

46 minutes ago, zeicko said:

-pic-
-pic-

-pic-

-snip-

I think he means this menu.
Which will show audio input (and output, on other tab).
Screenshot_12.png

But also shows if they are enabled and standard and such, So yeah follow the advice PRECISELY!!!

Also, you can easily make a screenshot by pressing WINKEY+PrinScreenKEY, it will save in your pictures folder.
(Then you can use Paint to crop out the unnecessary parts.)

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

23 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

What USB do you connect headset too?
Maybe try another port, preferable one directly from the motherboard (usually back of PC).

tried all of them, yes on the back of mobo, front of case, and via the keyboard usb.

headset looks connected and everything, but no audio just mic now.

nonme.png

update, getting sound if i connect via usb cable and put the audio quality to low in windows, when i connect headset i get the usb controller error popup,

now i need to get the mic to work at the same time🥲 if i connect it via the wireless dongle in the same usb port as i use for the wire, i get mic but no audio🙃

ssss.png

6 minutes ago, zeicko said:

update, getting sound if i connect via usb cable and put the audio quality to low in windows, when i connect headset i get the usb controller error popup,

now i need to get the mic to work at the same time🥲 if i connect it via the wireless dongle in the same usb port as i use for the wire, i get mic but no audio🙃

another quick update, found my old logitech g35, connected to the pc, no error sound and it does detect the mic, so the issue seems to be corsair's hs80, so going to refund it an buy a newer cable headset