RTX 20 Series Cards Confirmed With Pricing

Max_Settings
4 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Yet that kind of bullshit elitism while the hardcore fans rush to pre-order these because "it's 10X FASTER LOOK GUYS RAYTRACING" without even seeing real world testing is what keeps giving Nvidia the excuse to raise prices with every new card. It isn't about "breaking the bank" over getting a shiny new GPU, the extra $300-400 RTX tax Nvidia wants breaks a budget that about everyone has to put towards the rest of their build.

You

Are

Not

Forced

To

Buy

It

Get a 2070 or 2060.

There is no elitism here, It's common sense.

Also, anybody pre-ordering right now is a dipshit.

2 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Yet that kind of bullshit elitism while the hardcore fans rush to pre-order these because "it's 10X FASTER LOOK GUYS RAYTRACING" without even seeing real world testing is what keeps giving Nvidia the excuse to raise prices with every new card. It isn't about "breaking the bank" over getting a shiny new GPU, the extra $300-400 RTX tax Nvidia wants breaks a budget that about everyone has to put towards the rest of their build.

While I agree that raising prices is not fun for consumers,...

Would you not do the same if it was your company? If they can sell everything for 5.000, why is it that people that think it is worth it for them have to step back and fight a fight that they don't believe in? Because that is basically what you are suggesting. People paying the asked prices are responsible for the prices. While true,... they seem to think it is worth it, they would not have bought it otherwise. So why is it that they should fight your battle for your agenda?

Don't get me wrong, I would love to buy a 2080 ti for 500 bucks. But that is nowhere near realistic or fair, to be frank. The money spend on developing this tech is in the very high billions I would imagine. Could they do it cheaper? I am sure of that! But demand is a big part of every price. And if they can sell at price x, they should do that.

I certainly would not lowball a price of a product I made that I have zero competition for within the next years. And I certainly would not call someone mean, bad, selfish or whatever if they did the same. Double standards are ugly, and if you like it or not: Bashing NVidia for this price is likely a big double standard.

7 hours ago, Helly said:

Loving the bitching about the price people, good job. Doesn't matter though, both you and Nvidia know that you're going to buy these cards anyway. Because you got to have a new card and AMD "can't compete" and has nothing new.

You either let your wallet do the talking now or you accept these prices as the new standard. Again both you and Nvidia know which it will be. Good job everyone, thx for the $1000 top tier GPU's. Coming up next year, $1000 xx70. Year after that, $1000 xx60, or are you actually thinking intel will ask anything less then nvidia when the performance comes close enough?

They asked for this and you all gave it to them, the only ones to blame are the people buying this crap, not some company that can't keep up. They can't sell what you don't buy.

I think it's a case of the vocal minority. They wouldn't be pricing it this high if people weren't willing to pay it. Clearly there's enough that are.

Though, I do think $1,000 xx70's is a little extreme of an idea to put forward ;) 

6 hours ago, IntMD said:

I was thinking about getting a 2080Ti when I do a full desktop upgrade next year, including a high refresh GSync panel as long as it was somewhere around 1080ti pricing. 

Unless there is a huge drop in price between now and when that happens, my next card will definitely be an AMD card (waiting for the die shrink post Vega, even if the price on that has improved locally now), my first AMD card ever... and a nice Freesync panel. It will almost certainly be less powerful overall. As long as AMD don't go shit tier with their pricing as well I'm fine with that despite being quite capable of ponying up for 5 of the 2080tis right now without blinking if I needed to.

I just wish AMD could put forth cards that really put the fire under Nvidia's ass, but they just don't seem to have it in them. I'd love to see them drop HBM in exchange for GDDR6. I think that'd help them a lot. But when you compare the Vega 56 to the GTX 1070, the 1070 is cheaper and gets better performance, sometimes significantly so. The Freesync panel is a valid argument, but honestly, with the price and performance differences, I'd almost rather pay a little more on the GSync panel. It'll last several builds, so it's less of a pill to swallow over time. Who knows, maybe AMD will surprise with it's next GPU, but I've been disappointed by them too many times to put any real hope in their GPU stack.

4 hours ago, Morgan Everett said:

Meanwhile, the prices of 1080s seem to be collapsing on the used market. The TFLOPS of that card exceed those of the 2070...

Are they? I wonder if that's just now, at the beginning when people who are dead set on buying the 2080 are offloading their stuff, and we'll see prices go back up, perhaps even higher once those are off the market. I don't think TFLOPS are the be all end all of performance metrics though. IIRC they aren't that big of a deciding factor.

4 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

I mean the i9 9900K is something we knew was coming (8c/16t) on mainstream Intel since Coffee Lake hit the stores, which is the CPU my brother would benefit the most of... he skipped the i7 8700K and later the gimmick i7 8086K to only invest on it but Intel ain't over milking 8th gen.

Ray Tracing also looks like some fancy technology that will end up being like DX12 promises wise, should be the best thing ever but nope. I just watched Steve's view on the RTX line up:

And every thing he said seems on point, nVidia had nothing to show us before their upcoming 7nm GPUs coming next year but they also wanted to milk some good money this year thus why they looked over whatever technology they had lying around which happened to be the Ray Tracing and RT Cores which is barely relevant yet.

They also made the same thing they did with the TITAN V increasing the die a lot, sacrificing efficiency so they could cramp up some extra CUDA Cores to have actual performance gains, but so far it's looking the RTX 2080 will be quite on pair with the GTX 1080 Ti and the RTX 2070 which was every one's dream will barely beat an overclocked GTX 1070 Ti if it does at all.

Any one with a good Pascal GPU like from the 1070 Ti all the way to the TITAN Xp most likely can skip the entire RTX line up and only bother with upgrades on the 7nm GPUs coming next year, when Ray Tracing may actually start becoming somewhat relevant and we will go back having efficient small dies with real IPC improvements.

That also is why they are releasing the RTX 2080 Ti from launch, they know how the RTX 2080 alone won't be appealing enough to those with a GTX 1080 Ti to even bother, and they can't milk this series too long as the 7nm GPUs are incoming rather shortly.

Yeah, I think that's generally true for any one generation shift though. It'll be interesting if they do come out with the 7nm cards next year; it would explain why they decided to out the Ti card now, instead of next year.

3 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

They partnered with Microsoft to make a retracing standard so it should be possible for the other gpu companies to adopt the tech similar to adopting direct x. I think people aren't remembering that the die size of these gpus are huge. The 2080ti is likely much more expensive to produce than the 1080ti was. That's likely what the price is higher especially because it comes from a huge die versus the smaller one used for the 2080 and 2070. That's is likely why there is such a huge leap in price between the 2080 and the 2080ti. 

That's very cool. I really hope it takes off, and they perfect it's overhead over the next couple of years. I'm super interested to see what Intel pulls off.

I'm sure their GPU will somehow benefit from an Intel CPU...but part of me wouldn't care :P

It also uses beefier components on the board I'm guessing? Do other boards have 19 power phases (just going by the EVGA model since that's the only one I looked at)?

2 hours ago, S w a t s o n said:

>Not a high end card or even a mid range card
>implies the low end card isnt what he meant

>backtracks and suddenly grants poor people the "permission" to buy a midrange card

>still tries to imply he knows what people should be spending their money on

you are the worst kind of person

1050Ti, 1060, upcoming 2060...those are all lower end cards. Mid-range being the 2070.

Poor and low income are two different things. If you'd bothered to read the post, I also said that my friend on permanent disability saved for a 2080Ti. He's someone who makes very little money. He's not poor, as he can afford to survive and with proper budgeting have a little money left over. Poor is someone who has a very hard time meeting the essentials of life. We probably just have different definitions for the same word.

Other people have already said most of what I'd have said, so I won't bother repeating it.

But really...I don't care what you think of me, so that last remark is rather pointless.

1 hour ago, SolarNova said:

LOL, so as usual the UK has been shafted price wise.

US 2080ti at the obscene price of $1200.

UK .. "fuck exchange rates !"

£1200.

How it should be.

$1200 = ~£900.

+20% VAT (what a rip)

£1080.

Thats for 'founders' MSRP.

-snip-

Import duties and shipping. I mean, I doubt they make up the full 120 pound difference, but knowing the UK and duties it might make up a good chunk. I don't think VAT would include the duties the companies have to pay to import the product. I almost wonder if they just base it on wages to a degree. Like, if the average wage is 50,000 in the UK, and 50,000 in the US, then they price the item at 1,000 in both places (those are just numbers used for the sake of the example). So they ignore the actual value of the currency.

I've always wondered, do cards that are prominently European, like KFA and Palit see more reasonable pricing?

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

Ok yeah that makes no sense tbh. I know plenty of people who save up for years for items. 

Though, if it's taking that long for a video card...it'd make more sense to buy a lower tier one now, and a lower tier one later, and net the same performance gains while getting

1 hour ago, xriqn said:

Agreed with that, hell the RX570 that I want is gonna take me a couple months to save for but I'm willing to save for that amount of time. I'm 16 and have two younger brothers, can't get a job so I'm literally relying on my family right now for the GPU I want. But that doesn't mean they can't afford to get me the GPU now, it means they'd rather be fair to me and spend same amount of money on me each month as my younger brothers. Money complaints aren't always because the person is "poor".

Student and teen were two of the examples I used for people that aren't really in the same category.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

10 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Are they? I wonder if that's just now, at the beginning when people who are dead set on buying the 2080 are offloading their stuff, and we'll see prices go back up, perhaps even higher once those are off the market. I don't think TFLOPS are the be all end all of performance metrics though. IIRC they aren't that big of a deciding factor.

I'm not sure what we can expect within a month, but the value of 1080s are, I'm fairly sure, down on where they were about a month ago. As for TFLOPs, no, they're aren't everything, but for comparisons between cards of the same vendor they can be a useful rule-of-thumb. 

The amazon best seller 1080 ti is at an all time low. Every other card I've checked is at it's all time low today. It's time to  upgrade.

image.png.d800c097c63b7fb8d7b9e8e6c8c49976.png

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

4 hours ago, Underwrought said:

This has nothing to do with 'poor' people being able or not to buy them, and everything to do with nvidia raking us consumers over the coals just because they can.  I am almost willing to bet money most of these people defending this have already pre-ordered these cards because they have been waiting for god knows how long for this new holy card to come out and fell for the hype train.

My five year old 780 begs to differ.

Also, just FYI, PC gaming as a whole has gotten cheaper over the years. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 hour ago, dtaflorida said:

The amazon best seller 1080 ti is at an all time low. Every other card I've checked is at it's all time low today. It's time to  upgrade.

better be quick before the real work benchmarks come out and people realize they can only see the beautiful rays at 30fps 1080p :P

You guys are absolutly insane. The back order on RTX 2080ti is NOVEMBER 12....... Holy shit for 1.2k dollars. By the time this card releases I am sure the back order will be next year. 

15 minutes ago, asus killer said:

better be quick before the real work benchmarks come out and people realize they can only see the beautiful rays at 30fps 1080p :P

I think the old stock still has room for price to drop tho. We all knew it was BS 2 months ago about "NO NEW GPUS FOR A LONG TIME" was to get ppl to buy up the old stock before they release the new stuff. The 20 series pricing is obviously so as not to completely cannibalize the 10 series while they liquidate the excess old stock. So the 20 series should come down to where the 10 series is/was, and the 10 should go down further once they've stopped the bulk of the bleeding from overproduction of the 10. 

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

11 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

I didn't make the argument Nvidia doesn't understand what they're doing. I was commenting on the nature of the high-end market. 

That's what I was addressing when you quoted me to make those comments. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

5 hours ago, Underwrought said:

Look the difference here is that nvidia is OBVIOUSLY artificially jacking the prices up sky high MAKING it cost prohibitive for people who dont make as much.  PC gaming was never the champion of elitism until smug acting dicks like you and Brooksie359 entered it.

No one is saying anyone is entitled to PC gaming, much less the latest tech for it.  The general idea here is why the hell are you supporting a multi billion dollar greedy as shit company?

And let me head you off before you get to it, yes business are free to charge whatever they want for their products, and cornering a market is legit when you have a superior product that no one else can touch.  Its when these companies let pure greed dictate their actions AND purposely manipulate people is when its out of hand, and when I am just as free to call it out and vote with my wallet.

They make a new gpu with AI and raytracing cores and one of the biggest gpu dies they have ever made and charge more for it. Yeah that seems about right tbh so idk why anyone is so upset. I am unsure how you took my comments as smug so please refrain from name calling. You can play games at amazing settings for cheaper than you ever could so I am unsure why you think PC gaming all of a sudden cost prohibited. Did the price go up this gen versus last gen? Yes but there are reasons for that aka ddr6 and larger die sizes. You ask why people would support a large company like nvidia? The simple answer is because they like their products. People will buy a companies products if they like the product and think the cost is justified. Honestly the prices will likely go down to their msrp after Christmas. I am thinking late January. 

1 hour ago, Dionyz said:

You guys are absolutly insane. The back order on RTX 2080ti is NOVEMBER 12....... Holy shit for 1.2k dollars. By the time this card releases I am sure the back order will be next year. 

False Apple-like dates imo, to 'encourage' those on the fence to order.

Proprietary ''black box'' software, designed to hamper competition and justify massive price hikes.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

4 minutes ago, MMKing said:

Proprietary ''black box'' software, designed to hamper competition and justify massive price hikes.

The competition needs no hampering. AMD is doing a wonderful job of that all on their own.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 hour ago, Dionyz said:

I'm sure people have figured out how to buy more than they should and will list them on ebay soon. I wonder what day 1 (9/20) cards will cost? $2400+?

17 minutes ago, MMKing said:

As proprietary and "black boxy" as dx and the unreal engine can get!

A massive upset is in order, AMD would have crushed team green if it was not for DirectX and Unreal! Seriously tho.

I get the skepticism, but turn down those flat out false information.

It is actually worse on German boards tbh, but even here people keep shouting out guesses based on guesses of guesses and act like they are facts. Or just flat out call Nvidia out for the exact opposite of what they did or said. Some just seem to hate for the sake of it.

3 hours ago, dtaflorida said:

that's a graph for a 1080 not 1080ti and it only goes to aug last year?  why claim its a 1080ti and claim today's values?

MY appologies, that's the day on the graph, not the year. :$

TBH, I don't really care what today's values are, they could be even lower and  I have no desire to look it up, however I thought it weird to post a graph that doesn't support your claims.  EDIT: I guess I don't need to look them up.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

>Be me

>Broke Teen

>More excited for the 2050 and the (eventual) Navi release

>Realize with these price Hikes that I probably won't even be able to afford those base models

Time to wait for that Used Market to flow with GTX 1060s, 1050 Ti's, and more.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?