RTX 20 Series Cards Confirmed With Pricing

Max_Settings
11 minutes ago, Morgan Everett said:

It’s not that raytracing isn’t exciting, but that these cards are unlikely to cause its widespread implementation. That’ll come in a couple of years, when even midrange GPUs, and, crucially, consoles can utilise the technology. In the shorter term, whilst raytracing is nice to have, I’m more interested in a GPU that can do 4k60 for under £500. After today’s presentation, I’m none the wiser. 

I understand that, well I understand that it's not going to happen overnight I don't understand peoples need for 4K that's why I said it was a step in the right direction. Yes these cards aren't going to change the gaming industry overnight but they are for sure going to get developers thinking about raytracing which in my eyes is a wonderful thing. I really don't care about 4K or an increase in FPS I care about games that look better and that's what raytracing will provide.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

3 minutes ago, moderategamer said:

I understand that, well I understand that it's not going to happen overnight I don't understand peoples need for 4K that's why I said it was a step in the right direction. Yes these cards aren't going to change the gaming industry overnight but they are for sure going to get developers thinking about raytracing which in my eyes is a wonderful thing. I really don't care about 4K or an increase in FPS I care about games that look better and that's what raytracing will provide.

For me, as with many, an increase in resolution dramatically improves image quality, and since getting a 4K TV that’s been my focus. My concern is that Nvidia didn’t release any ‘normal’ performance figures during the conference, so it’s not fully clear what’s on offer.

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

It's not the fault of the consumers that they do it's the fault of the companies.  Just look at the bit wars in the 80s and 90s pushed by Sega, Atari, and Nintendo.  The FPS war was heavily pushed in 2013 by Sony and MS to sell their new consoles, and Nvidia and AMD are to blame for the GPU performance claims as of late.  It's kinda hard not to focus on the performance thing when Nvidia themselves is literally making the claim to push sales.  Personally, I don't care in games as I focus on more of price/performance for development.  But, I'm not going to buy anything until a company can actually prove it to me either.  I really don't like the silly fanboy wars the companies push like that, but then again it's just how marketing works.

Unfortunately that's what they have to do to survive. There will be a performance increase we can be sure of that, whether or not it will be what you're expecting that remains to be seen. However they did heavily focus on the fact that we shouldn't compare what we already know as performance to these cards because they are not the same. My take on it is that they will be much faster in the case of games utilising raytracing and I am ok with that I wouldn't feel like I had been lied to. We know that current cards can not handle raytracing and if these cards can provide the kind of performance increase in that field as they are suggesting whilst slightly improving on current games FPS I will be more than satisfied you just need to think of it as an improvement in a field we have never encountered in Realtime and understand the massive improvement that will have on the way games look.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

That's if developers actually jump on it.  Most likely, this is just Nvidia trying to force them into the direction yet an actual strong implementation won't be seen until consoles can take advantage of it too.  Isn't it DX12 that has raytracing?  DX12 is barely used let alone Vulkan, and if it's not in DX11 then they're going to be pushing it any time soon.

vvv :)

23 minutes ago, moderategamer said:

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

this is technology it's always developing faster than people can imagine so who knows. I think big game devs will be itching to use raytracing we'll just have to see what develops.

Nvidia wouldn't develop it if they didn't think it was going to go anywhere.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Many people complaining about the price may misunderstand something here.

The new lineup is not there to replace the old lineup. Why would NVidia do that without competing products?

Consider the performance levels with the (EU) prices.

1050      149€

1050 TI  189€

1060      289€

1070      429€

1070 TI  479€

1080       539€

1080 TI   759€

Titan Xp 1299€

2070       639€

2080       849€
2080 TI 1259€

Google doc with the Datapoints, including some AMD cards for reference --> GPU Price / Performance Chart - Google Tabellen

Judging from the Infiltrator Bench, I guess the RTX cards are not just a little faster, but quite significant.

Take the guessed scores with a major salt dose, they are just wild guesses.

But one thing seems pretty certain to me: 

The RTX lineup is likely a product palette extension and not a replacement like we are used to. Thanks, AMD for that, but nothing we can do about it.

If you want 4k gaming, 144hz gaming, energy efficient gaming or a mix of all those, there is no way around this. You can still get a 1080 TI and you will be gtg. But 2070 will likely be faster and cheaper, no matter if you like it or not.

Buy according to SPECS and BENCHES, not according to the naming scheme.

39 minutes ago, JackBeQuick said:

I think I'll just try and find a decently priced 980....

Sold mine well over a year ago for $190, they were super cheap for a while.

The only thing that really maters is how the sub 200 USD ~75W cards perform.

Unless you need high end cards to make a living or you're some kind of soul-less consumerist bugman who waits in line for the next flagship.

5 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

I mean people buy overpriced Apple products without a legit reason, so it wouldn't surprise me if they did buy this.  People are stupid enough to buy things because companies or society tells them to.

Makes you miss the old days when, if you weren't smart with your money, you just ended dying of hunger...

I genuinely wonder if ray tracing won't be, again, a gimmick.

I mean it's not the first time new graphics cards are advertised around a new tech: DX10/11 and probably 12, exclusive Nvidia features in Gameworks and so on.

Each time these technologies were supposed to bring a new revolution to gaming, but at the end of the day they were nothing else but a gimmick.

Unless the entire industry is going to the same direction this time ...

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

5 hours ago, mr moose said:

So the current 1080ti is what $700-800? and the new 2080ti is $1000-1200.   They are charging $300 (difference between lowest two prices) more for the next gen with new features and while the current gen is still selling.  That makes sense to me. I would charge more for something that is better, newer and has more features. 

What doesn't make sense too me is trying to compare the price to a series that came out 8 years ago in a different economic climate without mining or ram price gouging effecting its value.

that's like saying the new iphone with 3 cameras could cost 300 more, seems like a very high price increase. You better make sure the 3 cameras are worth it. And even if the higher tier that goes for the 2080ti could pay whatever for having the latest and greatest, bragging rights and all, i'm not sure it works that way for the 2070, 2060,...

Usually a price point marks a product for life. Games are 60 no matter what for a reason. The same for consoles. Even laptops kind of have a price point according to performance. Etc...

9 minutes ago, asus killer said:

Even laptops kind of have a price point according to performance. Etc...

Exactly.

And GPUs have a price point according to performance and... naming schemes.

If they called it 1090, 1090TI and Titan T, no one would have complained.

image.png.49ba8e1e6eea0f724fc5a495b394563e.png

Australian pricing is up on the Nvidia AU website.

AUD $1899 for the 2080 Ti ($1398 USD).
AUD $1199 for the 2080 ($882 USD).
AUD $899 for the 2070 ($662 USD)

(pricing already includes 10% tax)

Those prices are insane. Even including the 10% tax on those prices, we're still paying a premium. For example the 2080 Ti in America is $1200 USD + 10% tax = $1320 USD = $1800 AUD. So Australia's paying about AUD$100/USD$80 more.
(Edit: I forgot about Import Duties. Import duties adds about AUD$80 to the price, which brings the Aus pricing more in line with the USA pricing)

I bought my GTX 1080ti 12 months ago, before the big Crypto price hikes, on 20% off special for $1000 AUD (approx. $800 USD at the time). Few months after I bought it, the card went up to almost $1500 AUD ($1200 USD) and stayed at around that price until the last few months when the price has dropped a bit with the crash of Crypto and expected new cards (now $1250 AUD, $920 USD). Looking back now I think I was pretty lucky buying back when I did.
Don't think I'll be upgrading to the RTX 2080ti any time soon either. Most likely going to skip this whole generation and wait for the next gen of RTX 2180/RTX 3080 when there are more games supporting ray tracing (or not). I normally skip a few generations and upgrade once every 3-4 years anyway so I'm not too concerned.

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, kilgore_T said:

man the dollar/pound/euro just don't have the buying power they used to:(

they are hurt in the convertion dollar/pound/euro to GigaRays. :D

Just now, asus killer said:

they are hurt in the convertion dollar/pound/euro to GigaRays. :D

lol that's good.... thanks for the laugh

7 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Don't think I'll be upgrading to the RTX 2080ti any time soon either. Most likely going to skip this whole generation and wait for the next gen of RTX 2180/RTX 3080 when there are more games supporting ray tracing (or not). I normally skip a few generations and upgrade once every 3-4 years anyway so I'm not too concerned.

That's exactly what I'm doing as well. 

I know that whatever graph NVIDIA releases will show the RTX GPUs completely demolishing my 6GB GTX 1060, but in actual real world performance, the 1060 (along with the 1070, 1080 and 1080 Ti) should still hold up reasonably well. 

Ray-Tracing looks great but it's early days for the consumerization of the tech, so I'll wait until Turing's successor to see how it goes. It's also around the time where my Ryzen rig should be all ready to be built, assuming I'm still planning Ryzen. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Those prices are insane. Even including the 10% tax on those prices, we're still paying a premium. For example the 2080 Ti in America is $1200 USD + 10% tax = $1320 USD = $1800 AUD. So Australia's paying about AUD$100/USD$80 more.

This really is horrible, europe has similar pricing it seems although germany has a 19% Tax on them its 200€ which equals 220$  more than the msrp currently for the 2080. I know nvidia wants to get rid of their left pascal cards but seriosly, nobody knows so far if the raytracing tech will be anything worth in a long run, and also the 2080 has only 8gbs ram which was the top tear back when i got my r9 290 which was five years ago. But since my r9 says c9 i have to go with at least the 2070

13 minutes ago, Spotty said:

image.png.49ba8e1e6eea0f724fc5a495b394563e.png

screw that, i think i'll just pick up a 1080 for $750AUD. will be more than enough for what i play at 1080p and eventually 2560x1080 for many many years

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

28 minutes ago, asus killer said:

that's like saying the new iphone with 3 cameras could cost 300 more, seems like a very high price increase. You better make sure the 3 cameras are worth it. And even if the higher tier that goes for the 2080ti could pay whatever for having the latest and greatest, bragging rights and all, i'm not sure it works that way for the 2070, 2060,...

Usually a price point marks a product for life. Games are 60 no matter what for a reason. The same for consoles. Even laptops kind of have a price point according to performance. Etc...

?? I don't thinks so.   There is always variance in price depending on market forces, quality, market demand etc. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

11 hours ago, Trixanity said:

Was it a poor argument though? Or just a funny observation regarding an incredibly stupid statement?

Poor argument.

11 hours ago, S w a t s o n said:

"Poor people shouldn't buy anything but a GTX 1030 DDR4"
"Poor people shouldn't eat fast food"

"Poor people shouldn't have kids"
"Poor people shouldn't do x because fuck enjoying your life even a little if you're poor"

How about people do what people want

Pretty disgusting statement imo, if you're poor you can still save to make a purchase

Pretty disgusting that you changed what I said to fit your propaganda, no?

I never said they should stick to the lowest tier of video card, did I? Nope. They probably shouldn't buy $1,200 GPU's.

Poor people shouldn't eat fast food because it's bad for their health, which will cost them more money down the line.

Poor people can often get subsidies when having kids, at least in countries like Canada.

Yes, you can save. Should you be buying a top tier GPU? No, you should probably be putting that money towards other things, such as bettering your situation.

You can still get more than enough enjoyment out of a 2060 at a significantly lower price; you don't need top tier stuff.

Guess the truth hurts, kid.

10 hours ago, SolarNova said:

Nvidia's having a fucking laugh.

$1200 for the 2080ti... thats $200 more than the leak which was already totaly rediculous.

Im done,, fuck Nvidia! >:(  thats just a massive spit and slap in the face.

I'd rather have lesser performance and get what ever AMD gives us next. hell ill likely be able to get 2 of AMDs tops offering for less than the 2080ti.

Honestly thats insane. That Titan pricing ,, ney.. more than old Titan pricing ..for a XX80ti.

You say that as if AMD wouldn't have done the same thing. No, they'll just spin off the same card for 3 or 4 generations, slightly tweaking it and saying it's new.

The prices for the lower tier cards, if AIB's stick to the prices provided, isn't really that bad once you factor in increases in memory costs and such.

AMD can't compare performance wise, unfortunately.

10 hours ago, descendency said:

I wonder how much of the price increase is due to DRAM prices going up and other components going up as well. 

DRAM pricing, right now, is insane. 

30% I believe is what Gamer's Nexus said. Granted that's not total card, just the memory, but it still adds to the cost pretty significantly.

7 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

It's okay, I'll wait with the 1080 Ti until they bring the RTX Titan or whatever the full die is here in 10 months, my brother really wants to compare his TITAN V with the RTX 2080 Ti though to see which card will get the crown right now, selling the V for 2500ish dollars is actually feasible if two 2080 Ti's are a better idea.

Main issue is Intel delaying the bloody dammit i9 9900K, what's the point of these awesome graphics cards when that darned Ryzen 7 1800X bottlenecks every thing.

Yeah, I'd wait to see how many games actually use ray tracing; though it's exciting to see something like that and I hope it takes off! I wonder how other companies will compete. I hope Intel has a way to pay royalties for it or something. How long is the i9 delayed for?

15 minutes ago, asus killer said:

Hate to break it to you, but games have gone from $40, to $60, to $80. If you include DLC or seasons passes, even higher...

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Tax doesn't include import duties and shipping. So the pricing isn't that bad.

Sucks living so far from the rest of the world, but it could be worse; I'm sure GB will pay more :P

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

(excluding titans) since 1999 a top of the line NVidia card has cost me roughly 50% of my monthly wage, this was the same last year when I bought a 1080ti - and each new card was a much better performer

in 1 generation that has changed to roughly 70% of my monthly wage

my moneys just aint as valuable as they used to be

take into account the constant salary increase in mainland china compared to the almost zero % increase here in the uk

this all makes sense

4 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Tax doesn't include import duties and shipping. So the pricing isn't that bad.

I didn't think of import duties. Just put it in to the Australian Customs import duty calculator and it's AUD $81.50 for the import duties on the RTX2080ti putting it at around $1880 AUD. So you're right, more or less that means the pricing lines up with the USA pricing. By the time you add in shipping it works out about the same.

Spoiler

image.png.7bd392848cd98f7cfd72031cd319bcf8.png

image.png.96739a70b98490bd32f810b2687a64d1.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450