This is getting confusing now, leaked benchmarks of the GTX2080TI appear

Master Disaster

GTX 2080, real or fake?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

This is all getting a little silly now, after Lenovo leaked the existence of a 2000 series a while back every other leak we've seen since then has called the GPUs the 1100 series but recently someone discovered the existence of a GeForce 2080TI in the AotS benchmark database, hmmm. There's also another twist, the card has the unusual label of "special delivery for GSS" attached to it.

NVIDIA’s next-generation graphics cards are a complete mystery even after several rumors and leaks. While there is no concrete timeframe given when the new cards would launch, a listing in Ashes of the Singularity benchmark database (via TUM APISAK) may have revealed the next-gen flagship graphics card for the GeForce family.

The benchmark was posted by the user “Nagato” who has no playtime in the game itself so I would say he’s a tester than a gamer. The user tested the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2080 Ti graphics card that is clearly mentioned in the hardware configuration. The chip was tested with a Core i7-7700K CPU which is good enough for gaming. The interesting part is that the card is listed as a special delivery for GSS. This is the first time we are looking at such an unusual naming attached to a Geforce card.

It's important to point out that the benchmarks for this thing are not great which means this is either fake or the drivers aren't ready for prime time yet.

As for the benchmarks, well they aren’t that good but one look at the scores reveals why they are so low. If you look at the difference between the Low (1080p) and Crazy (1080p) preset on DirectX 11 API, you’d note that the performance is nearly identical. Even with Vulkan API on 1080p preset, the performance remains unchanged. This shows that the driver optimization is not there for this card right now. It must be a really early sample which was given a test run on current drivers by an internal tester.

Spoiler

2018-07-11_18-59-47-740x441.png

2018-07-11_18-59-36-740x446.png

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-2080-Ti-740x441.png

GSS apparently stands for GRUS Sparse Solver which is software that allows simultaneous CPU & GPU compute calculations to be performed which could indicate this card was intended for research work or someone has messed with device IDs however interestingly no known card matches this level of performance.

Now, what’s up with that odd naming scheme and what’s GSS? GSS is the abbreviation for GRUS Sparse Solver which is a novel sparse direct solver that runs CPU/GPU compute simultaneously. This could be related to that as NVIDIA is known to provide researchers with their unreleased products, prior to the market itself. Recently, NVIDIA gave out special CEO edition Titan V’s to the top AI researchers. NVIDIA may have set a custom device id for this graphics card. The other theory is that GSS means something else entirely and we don’t know of it yet. Also, we have been hearing the GeForce 11 series more often nowadays instead of the GeForce 20 series which was reported by a major OEM manufacturer like Lenovo on multiple occasions (here and here).

The thing about this leak is that it contradicts most of what we have known so far. This could be some guy messing with the device id of an existing graphics card and that would also explain the unusual naming scheme. But then again, it doesn’t explain the weird benchmarks that this card produces as the GTX 1070, GTX 1070 Ti, GTX 1080, GTX 1080 Ti don’t produce results similar to this at all. NVIDIA’s high-end PCB for next-generation graphics cards supporting a 12 GB GDDR6 VRAM along a 384-bit interface was leaked out a while ago. It was nowhere a PCB designed for a G**04 solution but rather a high-end GPU design.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-2080-ti-benchmark-leak/

Either Nvidia are/were testing names out (at some point in the past) or someone is messing with everyone in a big way.

Thoughts?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2080ti leaks before 2080... thats suspicious

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

Timing makes no sense for that tier of card. I call shenanigans. I doubt we'll see an xx80 Ti card for 6-12 months after the xx80 releases.

Why can't people count, why on Earth would it ever be the 20 series right after the 10 series? This isn't AMD.

Nvidia looks like it could need some help, lol. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

12 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Timing makes no sense for that tier of card. I call shenanigans. I doubt we'll see an xx80 Ti card for 6-12 months after the xx80 releases.

Why can't people count, why on Earth would it ever be the 20 series right after the 10 series? This isn't AMD.

From a purely marketing POV 2000 sounds biggerthan 1100 and people are fickle, its exactly the reason why many people will start software versioning at 0.8 instead of 0.1 because they know users are less likely the install 0.1 for fear of bugs while 0.8 seems like it has been through 7 updates.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2080ti before a 2080? Nah. AND the benchmarks pretty much no performance difference between it and a 1080. You think drivers alone would make it perform almost identical to a 1080?

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Fake. It'll likely be the Titan V minus a bit, just like every other 80ti card before it... They won't have bothered starting production on then anyway since they'll let everyone buy the 1180/70 first and then release the new top dog later. Look how many people bought a 1080ti from a 1070

That's an F in the profile pic

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Thoughts?

Just look at the Time!

The difference between low and Crazy is the same as between Crazy and the "2080ti". That is impossible!

Because you need to reboot the PC and replace the GPU. Even if you are quick, that's about two minutes, even with an open Test Bench...

But that isn't the case, so there has to be something wrong.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Definitely fake.

The ti label never appeared at the start of a generation as far as i remember.

They want people to buy the (usually badly priced / placed) xx80 Version first, before cannibalizing it to a better bang for your money xx80ti version.

Siderant: Never understood the xx80 card. It is usually too close to a xx70 to be worth the drastically higher price, and still too close in price to the xx80ti variant, with usually drastically better performance.

But no. A x80ti leak now makes zero sense, let alone it being the only leak that suggests a 20xx naming scheme.

12 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Just look at the Time!

The difference between low and Crazy is the same as between Crazy and the "2080ti". That is impossible!

Because you need to reboot the PC and replace the GPU. Even if you are quick, that's about two minutes, even with an open Test Bench...

But that isn't the case, so there has to be something wrong.

Uhm, there's only one 1080, the other 2 are both 2080ti and there's 6 minutes between them all. Not that I disagree with you mind.

ist das faken

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

So just spitballing here....

Remember all the confusion about Volta and Turing a few months back?

What if Nvidia are planning to release 2 different lines simultaneously? One consumers oriented while the other is research oriented?

As fake as Pam Anderson's tits, for schnitzel.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Doubt it. Ti cards don't normally come until after the normal ones due to them being harder to make.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

I'd say with all the leaks and rumors we've had that nvidia has worked out how to deal with actual leaks. O.o

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

3 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

by dripping out completely fake info? o_0

The internet already is one big leak and rumor.  It is essentially a surrebuttal, not just for arguments, but for motives, conditions, and business practices.  We now have standard operating procedures and laws because the internet told us something. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I remember when I bought my rx480 doing some research and everything pointed that nvidia released the 1060 6gb to counter the rx480 if amd hadn't make probably it  would be slowed half a year more , so I expect the same, nvidia fooling around till amd pulls his 7nm 1080 like under 300$ so nvidia will throw a 1180 1170 and a 1160

Pd: 11 its such a great marketing number to not use... it will be foolish

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

More like special delivery for giant super suckers. Fakest leak since me going to the bathroom to avoid an awkward conversation. 

Faker than certain developer being fired due to gender level fake.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

Why the fuck would someone try to leak this? Hey guys look at the new 2080ti that is 15% slower than the 1080ti!!!!

At least put some fucking effort into the leak